NEW PTR UPDATE: HANZO, ORISA, SIGMA, REAPER, BAPTISTE NERFED, Mcree changed

Still no Sombra or Sym buffs D:

I like the rest of the changes besides McCree’s health increase, his only defense against dive should be flashbang not more health…

5 Likes

This isn’t needed…

3 Likes

Have fun trying to play pharah :smiley:

1 Like

Just nerf everything else so we can finally get out beloved Rein/Zarya/Genji/Tracer/Ana/Lucio on owl.

Apparently.

6 Likes

rez doesn’t have nearly the impact that a halt does every 8 seconds

if you don’t understand how ridiculously powerful halt is as an ability then you should not be participating in balance discussions

Hmm interesting, seeing how he was at the bottom tier of DPS before his changes (even before Hanzo rework), now he is getting reverted and gets 50 HP on top, lets not forget the fact, that currently he is still 3rd lowest winning hero in GM this Patch.

Sure he will be “fine” (no he won´t, just like he wasn´t before, soldier is buffed, many others too to old values, Mccree is still horrible) if you sledge hammer nerf Hanzo for being “OP”, when out of the meta heroes he is still over 3-7% pickrate behind (Sig, Ori and Bap), who also dwarf him with over 1-3% higher winrates. HE is the least winning “Meta” hero, yet people wanna act like he is the causing problem in this whole ordeal that has been happening ever since “Moth” but currently since Sigma release.

Would like to point out rein zarya has a really low pickrate right now though.

you mean continue to barelly pick her cuz she’s trash solo? sure.

Why nerf McCree though…? wut? His winrates are trash!

1 Like

I’d say a lucio self-heal nerf, a anti-nade nerf and a rein shieldwalk speed nerf is around the corner tho.

1 Like

Halt is powerful but not OP.
You shouldn’t be participating in balance discussions if you think it’s the best ability in the game. What about orisas barrier lol

1 Like

Not for long if orisa and sigma are made unviable. Which seems to be the goal here.

Shield nerfs didn’t do it, so they have to bruteforce nerf Orisa into oblivion to force a meta change.

Bap pairs best with bunker style, so nerfing him alongside with the doublebarriers means you might as well only ever go Ana for reinhardt synenergy.

1 Like

That’s a lot of nerfs for Bap and Orisa.

Hanzo changes are so good.

you’re clearly plat or below

Some of this is ok but a lot of this is just terrible and makes more problems.

yOu’Re cLeArLy PlAt Or bElow

wow what a great argument thanks for changing my mind :smiley:

9 Likes

Why nerf any hero currently, that isn´t 10% pickrate and well above average winrate or in some cases top 3 and 15% pickrate… It boggles my mind how much some users of tanks and healers want to witch hunt used heroes, cause they function, rather than being OP, just like how DF was witch hunted in double shield pre nerfs, when he is gone now, without any tweaks (Yet is now still nerfed).

Ah sht here we go again.

WOWOW.

AH SHT HERE WE GO AGAIN

?

AH SHT HERE WE GO AGAIN.

AH SHT HERE WE GO AGAIN

GOOD.

ah sht here we go again

rip?

1 Like

The hanzo change is good. It’ll help to tone down his shieldbreak and tankbusting a bit, but it won’t really change his effectiveness against squishier targets.

The McCree changes are confusing. It’s not like he’s overly fragile on live right now. The primary recovery time nerf isn’t going to do anything because who fires at the max rate? The ult buff might be a nice QoL change though.

Reaper didn’t need another nerf (and I say this as someone who likes playing tank). The armour revert brought him into line nicely. He’s still going to nothin’ personnel low-rank squishies and then ghost to safety.

I think Orisa is getting nerfed more than she deserves and possibly more than she can handle. I understand the changes, but I don’t like them. I guess they really want Rein to be the only real tank.

I like and dislike the changes to Sigma. His ult is overloaded as it is, but the range nerf on his primary is mostly going to affect bounce shots aimed at people you can’t see, which sucks because those are satisfying as hell.

I’ll reserve judgement on Bap until I play him. I’ve always thought his primary fire’s timings were the things that needed adjusting, so I’ll be interested to see how it flows with the longer recovery.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean he gets 50 extra health, but they could walk back the revert on his fire rate a little bit instead of going all the way. He’s not even good with the faster fire rate.

1 Like