NEW PTR UPDATE: HANZO, ORISA, SIGMA, REAPER, BAPTISTE NERFED, Mcree changed

What do yall think?
I’m worried this will once again increase q times for DPS. Far too harsh nerfs for bap and orisa IMO.

35 Likes

:scream: aggressive changes?

9 Likes

Good grief, what did they do to Orisa?

Also the McCree changes are… weird

This… might be the patch that does it for me lol. My playtime has pushed waaaayyyy down lately because of the balancing, and this might just be enough. We’ll see how things seem after it releases but good lord almighty does this patch seem terrible (except the Hanzo part. That’s alright)

50 Likes

Very harsh nerfs, probably too harsh.
I’m extremely concerned about orisa and baptiste as they are extreme nerfs for them.

30 Likes

These look good, lowering the power creep even more. Good patch

7 Likes

Agreed. These nerfs look to be much, much too extreme. Right direction, though.

4 Likes

“DPS queue times are too long!”

Blizzard:

29 Likes

Hanzo changes seem too weak of a nerf, unless they plan on putting a hefty delay between a normal arrow and a storm arrow.

McCree changes are confusing, and make me wonder why he has more HP than Symmetra.

And Orisa probably got one too many nerfs

20 Likes

for me doesnt make sense mccree to have 250 hp, why…
sigma dead.
orisa dead. dive back as we said before.
reaper fixed.
batiste , i dont know whats recovery time

3 Likes

Finally, Hanzo gets an actual nerf

It’s still a small nerf, but it’s at least actually something instead of a slap on the wrist “nerf.”

Though once again they listen to whiners and overnerf Orisa and Sigma because screw literally any tank that isn’t Reinhardt or D.va. Only them two can be the viable tanks

What does McCree’s change mean, though? Does that mean they reverted his firing speed buff from a while back? Or did they just decide to make him fire even faster?

I find it ridiculous they give McCree 250 health but they still haven’t done the same for Symmetra even though she actually fights in close range unlike McCree…

18 Likes

Why on earth did McCree of all heroes need more health? I REALLY want to see a justification for this change.

Also good night, sweet robot horse, I will not really miss you.

29 Likes

Interesting McCree buff not sure he needed it after his fire rate buff

Reaper nerf could be just enough to make tanking a little more enjoyable

Mei needs more nerfs she is more OP than Brig was

1 Like

Someone tell me how Baptiste and Orsia are " oppressive" yet one shot Hanzo and sliding off the roof Doomfist are not?

It’s hard enough to be a tank main but the support class gets it worse everytime.

It’s hard to see your favorite tank and supports "balanced " every month. As a Brig main it hurts to know you are basically a healbot at this time.

17 Likes

Don’t change Ashe and Mccree, just make Widow and Hanzo fatter.

6 Likes

Actually though. Make Sigma and Orisa feel even worse to play, make Baptiste worse at the thing he’s primarily supposed to be doing… like okay Blizzard. At least some of the changes will offset that some, but Hanzo will still be plenty strong I’m sure, and Reaper’s comfortably off-meta already so that won’t change too much.

I was under the impression Blizzard was trying to improve DPS queue times, but I guess I got what they said backwards or something

21 Likes

aren’t hero with 250 hp supposed to be a close range kind of one?

19 Likes

Mcree HP buff does not make any sense to me. Does anyone know as to why they are buffing him? If the reason is to be a stun bot every time enemy team chooses to play DM, I still don’t think he should get HP buffed.

12 Likes

What’s the logic behind the McCree HP buff

250 hp has typically been reserved for close ranged DPS, exception being Sym (for whatever reason)

30 Likes

For sure, it’s one of the strangest changes we’ve seen in a while… :confused:

4 Likes

Done with Orisa, and probably with tanking. I’ve already played enough games with DPS and other tanks upset with me because my barrier didn’t last long.

I understand double barrier is obnoxious. But single barrier is now pretty useless.

18 Likes