New PTR patch nerfed Reaper, not buffed him

Don’t argue with them, you’ll just get baited into being toxic like them and validate their complains. I’m personally only interested in a reply if its from Jeff.

Weak. Might as well say “it’s relevant because they’re in the same game”.

The only thing you two are doing are chasing dev replies going “HEY LOOK AT ME! LISTEN TO ME! HEY HEY!” regardless of what’s in the thread. No one came in here thinking this is a discussion about Mercy.

17 Likes

I’ts relevant because they both have an “e” in their names.

1 Like

I haven’t been I was just leaving my 2 cents on this mess.

Actually I discuss bastion and sym and torb before quite frequently on other threads as they do relate in the grand scheme of things to balance.

Don’t really have a problem with it as long as it pertains to balance and how the balance of another hero would also impact another.

(Which as much as i’d like for mercy to get a rework I do agree with bastion mains that he should get his first <3 )

Whats that have to do with anything?

2 Likes

Soooo, anyone ready for Reaper to make a comeback? Maybe?

1 Like

This marks the first time that the PTR was updated before it hit live servers. This will go down in history.

Well its a possibility though his shadow step could certainly still use some changes.

1 Like

I doubt its enough, they improved his guns but his abilities are still EH. He could use an alt-fire or something.

3 Likes

At this point I just use it to exit the spawn faster, but I’ll take whatever buffs they give to him.

1 Like

I’m not meaning you specifically; however I do remember the analogy of “well my house is one fire too”.

I know it’s not fair that like every Mercy threads gets bombarded with people pretty much telling you to shut up; because you have every right to be heard just as everyone else here.

And I know that it’s really REALLY sucks that not a single person responded directly to a Mercy thread…

I just don’t think it was in all good taste to bring it up in a thread that is DIRECTED to the issues with Reaper.

Like I said, it’s not fair that Mercy players to Kaplan are like the gum on the bottom of his shoes…but it’s not fair to come in and derail a topic either.

1 Like

You’re breaking forums rules I suggest you stop.

1 Like

Right. As a positioning tool, people only really use it to skip stair cases. It’s basically Hanzo/Genji’s climb, but on a cooldown.

1 Like

When people draws conclusions too fast …

I’m not a Reaper main, my bf is, but hoo boy I’m so glad he’s finally getting the attention he deserves. He’s been bad for far too long and the latest buffs clearly weren’t enough to make him better at what he’s supposed to do. It’s good they’re looking into this and won’t push it to live as is.

Though I still wish they’d work on the terrible ability that is Shadow Step. They wouldn’t even have to remove it, just make it a little more less… suicidal. :0

1 Like

Even if it was a Bastion main who commented it, it’s still rude.

And yes, it’s true that some players are rude because a Mercy player asked it. Why? Because the forum is being flooded with Mercy posts and the last thing we need is having other threads being turned into Mercy threads.

Mercy had already received a few official responses from developers. Mercy has been tweaked a lot in patches. Sure, more nerfs than buffs, but at least did they try making her more balanced and on par with other heroes.
And Reaper? Reaper not much. Reaper is in a way worse spot. This buff became a nerf to Reaper and needed to be addressed before it went live. Mercy is still getting buffs.

Yes, I have seen mercy mains being attacked by other players, but I have also seen Mercy mains attacking other players.

This forum has some childish users who are pretty toxic, and they all main different heroes, including Mercy, so please don’t play the victim card here.

Great. Now I’m derailing the thread.

11 Likes

I wish they worked it so it flowed better with the game. I mean it’s clunking and jarring and you need to either slow down or just stop completely to get yourself in (Reap)Position.

1 Like

As long as there isn’t a Widow somewhere in the shadows waiting to give my guy Gabe that single dink to the forehead.

totally… like an extra shot with some effect like … i dont know… extra damage to shield/armor heroes?, extra life steal? perfect accuracy? slow? Cripple (mobility skills only)?

something like that

Let Reaper go through walls! :rage:

Well at least Reaper will be good again.

Sadly your buffs for Mercy are still trash, but you are good at ignoring that one.

1 Like