New passive is dumb

i think it would be ok IF the healers get the same version. why would they have a better version?

also yea, it will effect certain heroes differently in each role and future nerfs/buffs will happen because of it. then of course they will change the passive but forget why they buffed/nerfed a certain hero and leave them that way… sigh lol

The risk of losing should also depend on your skills, not some random supports who cant heal a jumping Genji

1 Like

she has a new passive

And that’s the passive that should go if the role passives were to be removed. Give her back her old passive at that point.

You have no idea if the passive is dumb or not. We have no idea what the numbers on it are and have no idea what the rest of the balance changes are. We have no idea if its dumb or not until we get to playtest it.

2 Likes

Zen’s health is already 75% shields which is basically the current support passive

I feel like this will reward people who don’t know the maps. Knowing where the health packs are is part of being a good player. They are taking that away with the self heal.

The most i will miss is hunting down low health targets and taking them down.

You’re overestimating how powerful this will be.

The support passive will only allow flankers to sustain themselves when they’re not under direct fire, and really if you’re at low health after an engagement as a flanker and need to ‘get out and heal’ it will be faster for you to run for a health pack than wait for the passive to kick in.

The only time ‘run for a health pack’ won’t be the best way for a flanker to heal up is when the enemy team has a Sombra and has hacked the healthpacks to prevent your team using them.

As for the support passive being available for supports. It’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with it. Supports are extremely squishy. Allowing them to heal up after a few seconds of not getting hit won’t affect the game.

1 Like

Blizzard does no wrong, just ask the forum shills around here who try to silence people for pointing out that the game is blatantly p2w amongst several hundred other issues they’re trying to ignore. The creator shills also back them up and you know what the worst of it is, Blizzard only listens to shills who tell them that they’re doing a good job even when they don’t do a good job even 1% of the time at this point.

Game is totally dead when S9 hits.

we are getting our own support passive so i think it will be great to flank supports in the future.

either everyone has it or supports lose it.
Blizzard doesn’t wanna remove it so everyone gets it. not just supports deserve to play normally.

People like you said the game was going to die after Season 1…
And after Season 2…
And 3, 4, 5, 6, 7…

And Season 8.

The game is doing just fine, but clearly you know better. Clearly Season 9 is going to be the new ‘game dead’ moment, and we won’t see similar posts to yours saying that the game will die with Seasons 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and so on…

I have no faith in this dev team to make any great changes that are well balanced. Look at LW on release, they ‘fixed’ him by buffing his heals outrageously. Look at the mess that is Mauga in his entirety. His playstyle is completely braindead.

And the old team wasn’t any better, look at release Brig.

But saying that. Let’s wait and see. I’ll be incredibly surprised if this works out for the better.

But imo the game does needs something to drastically change the pace. So much so that I’m open to having every single OW1 hero get a slight if not major rework. So that I’m not playing the same game for 7 years straight.

All role passives are bad they dont help everyone equally

Your talking to a genji player, they don’t understand all this.

1 Like

Who mainly plays support all this will do it make flankers hide in the enemy back line adding nothing while waiting for the passive to activate i already see it with moiras and lucios i do vod reviews for

Finding healthpacks is the least impressive skill, i dont think anyone will miss that.

Well, what if they did this version instead?

i am sure anyone takes healing during downtime over a reload speed increase that only ever kicks in when you already won the entire match basically.

i mean tracer should benefit the most from this, but what gives? i get a pick my passive starts for 1 reload… i already won the fight its 5v4 i can go afk and will most likely win that teamfight.

meanwhile i play kiriko / bap, zen, ana and i don’t get hit for 1 sec? boom. value.

tanks also have a thing that helps them fight, if anything dps passive should be permanent reload reduction or delete all passives but tanks would cry the most, lucio would be viable and supports would get a lot less players.

ideally yes all passives are gone.

I don’t think the new passive will have a big impact, but I still don’t like the direction it’s going in. It feels like a step towards a game that kinda plays itself.

It also renders shield health completely obsolete, which I don’t like. Our beloved game is starting to resemble the ship of Theseus in some ways.

1 Like