New LEAK change for support role, from owl streamer

How 'bout ya provide a source or name, eh?

Not really lol. Itā€™ll make the support role more fun for a lot of people. Less healbotting.

Yeah, this is very dubious. Genji is already OP in OW2. No chance they would give something like this without some major nerfs elsewhere to his kit. Makes it all sound a bit unlikely to be true.

1 Like

Gosh, what is up with Devs wanting to increase DPS mobility so much?? (Thatā€™s gonna be third attempt, right?) They already have the most self agency fulfilled kits!

This would only be acceptable if Tanks were kept at D.Va / Zarya / Orisa levels of Mega-Bosses and supports being buffed as well (to Kirikoā€™s level of mobility / get out of jail free cards and/or to Zenā€™s level of damage / spartan kick).

yeah - I donā€™t believe this for a second. The devs are stupid and they make dumb balance changes but this would be an absolute nightmare and they would kill the gameā€¦ again

Just imagining something like this made me laugh hard. Do they would really do this? Its a solid 50/50 at this point :roll_eyes:

No Doomfist changes?

Truly, if they try and change supports like that, I will take my overwatch disk outside as fuel for a cozy bonfire.

Yes. Probably termites

2 Likes

That would be hilarious.

Trying to court dps players to Other roles has failed time and time again.

Instead, of changing the bottleneck role to further alienate the ppl who currently play support. They should focus on more fun support hero additions.

1 Like

Lol. Def fake. Surely fakeā€¦

If those changes are true and they reduce healing even more I will just hop to Gundam EVO.
I was thinking on buying the pass but I decided to wait to see how the game evolves first.

Man OW2 is already really fast paced. Donā€™t know if my old brain is going to be able to keep up if it gets any faster.

Those queue times arenā€™t accurate. Iā€™m often seeing DPS queue that says <6 minutes yet when you queue itā€™s actually less than 2 and then you are in. Suggest support isnā€™t as unpopular as it might first look.

Thereā€™s definitely not enough mobility in the game so they should also give every dps a swift strike like genji. Also when dps get an elim make it so a random ability cooldown resets, e.g. torb can throw extra turrets, cassidy can throw multiple stickies etc.

This is just a small QOL for dps.

1 Like

Making more major sweeping role changes at this point would be very strange. Not only would balance for DPS and Support be thrown to wind all over again, Tanks would be heavily impacted as well.

I dunno why theyā€™d want to do that when all things considered, all three roles are in a pretty good spot on Live. The big issue with Support is namely just staleness (which mere number changes wonā€™t help), and Mercy needing to have another actual rework, not just having GA screwed with and lower movement penalty on Rez :roll_eyes:

Though I think this is fake, I like the idea of a total revamp for support heroes: give them more damage, more utility and less healing power. Mercy needs a total rework. Make her a battle angel.

I mean, this is needed with the new direction OW2 is taking.

while its not confirmed yet

do u guys remember back in the day of ow2 news

dev said on playtesting healing was too much, and they planning to nerf it by 20-25%, but before beta it was reverted, because many people complain about it

maybe the want to revisit that idea

i mean, not bad but at most reduce it to 50 hps and have

• -50% rez penalty
  • 1.5s cast time for rez
  • less swap time for staff and pistol
  • lingering heal effect for 1s