New LEAK change for support role, from owl streamer

EDIT: since leak source is not 100% confirmed i will delete this now, will post again if other streamer mentions it

(atleast more than 2 streamer)

3 Likes

Well it just sounds like ML7 being ML7.

5 Likes

I dont believe this at all, this single patch would be a bigger update than anything they did in the six years of ow1

26 Likes

Big if true.

If this is the case, good luck with the hour long DPS and tank queues!

…because those DPS changes are going to make every single support quit the game.

32 Likes

This would unironically make Mercy even worse than she already is, I think. Less healing in exchange for less movement penalty on rez? :skull:

Wow I can stand around for 1.75 seconds while my team dies and hope I don’t get insta-killed at a slightly faster snails pace!

36 Likes

how so?

with increase damage on ana, she can be on even field with dps, she can out duel them easy

Look, really, that this is a joke in bad taste, on top of that Mercy is already dead in OW2, taking away more heal, you kill her even more, Blizzard, do you have something in your brain?.

16 Likes

If this is the new direction of the game, it would be an absolute disaster.
I really hope it’s a joke.

18 Likes

Doubtful. This is already the kind of direction OW2 has taken and it’s been way more fun and enjoyable for most people than OW1 the last few years.

It will have to be done smartly and could very well be a disaster, but nothing is inherently bad about making supports have more damage output and utility and mobility to let them feel like they can carry more individually through other means than just healing.

It’s literally what they did to tanks. Less shields. More damage, more utility, more mobility/self survivability. And look how successful that was.

I mean…Supports are the ones on here complaining that they don’t feel impactful enough.

2 Likes

It’s sad how the OW Team and the devs have put all their efforts into killing Mercy, so enjoy the bottleneck in the rest of the roles!!! It has already started and it will get worse!!!, Enjoy the blizzard!!! the power of mercy mains will destroy OW2.

3 Likes

:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

…before OW2 the talk on the forums was every support was going to quit the game. They didn’t quit then and they won’t quit if the role is changed… :wink:

Agree. OW2 is much faster-paced and flows so well. The new maps are also a ton of fun to play on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, doesnt matter how fast you move while rezzing, as long as you’re getting focused you’re dead :joy:

7 Likes

It would be COD legit.

I mean sure they can go for that.

OW2 is nothing like a bad habit at this point. Help me Blizz to leave the game finally :wink:

Also gonna try and sell my second account as well.

5 Likes

sry i forgot to mention the rest, that was only few example

if my memory is right streamer said:

mercy healing nerfed, ress less penalty, faster pistol swap time
mercy healing now have 1 sec lingering effect (if u change target they still get healed for 1 sec)

1 Like

All of them? Every last one?

I want to point out that buffing nearly every dps character to be more mobile would be really dumb. Reaper for example is f tier trash and desperately needs buffs while genji for example is the opposite

If this is true I’m actually done.

9 Likes

These would be the absolute worst changes. Especially for supports. Ana doesn’t need more dps and less healing. Mercy definitely doesn’t need less healing, considering the only supports with weaker healing than her are Zen and Lucio and both of them excel at other areas to balance them out… Mercy has below average healing, trash damage, dmg boost only compensates for her lack of personal damage instead of giving her an actual utility on top of her healing/damage like every other support. And resurrect just compensates for her lack of healing. So really, what does Mercy do well? Because every other support just has far more value. Mercy has high mobility, but that doesn’t matter because her actual impact on the team fight is so weak.

On the DPS side of things, Genji’s already super powerful. Triple jump is absolutely not needed. Mei definitely does NOT need mobility. Reaper doesn’t need more mobility either, considering most supports are already struggling with flankers due to lack of CC and peel in the game now that there’s no off tank.

5 Likes

sym teleport cd reduced and faster build? No one asked for that