New Issue With Camera Shake

Console - PS4

After downloading the newest update, the camera now has an odd effect that seems comparable to camera shake when landing a hitmarker. When connecting a shot with an enemy, the screen will suddenly “jut” forward and back again when landing a hitmarker. It has never happened before, and I have all Camera Effect Settings either reduced to their minimum effect, or they are turned off completely. Please address as soon as you can, because the game feels like I am in a 2014 FaZe Quickscoping Team-Tage.

22 Likes

Having the exact same problem on PC. It’s awful, makes me feel ill :frowning:

7 Likes

This is extremely noticable on Kiriko, her healing and kunai seems to trigger the camera shake as well. If you got to the practice range and shoot the shooting bots it’s bad. Like you zoom in and out while landing kunai on the bots.

13 Likes

I noticed this as well on xbox. Happens with all the heros.

4 Likes

It’s so bad, I wonder how many people have it. Really hoping for a quick fix because it really makes the game feel so bad. Feels like I’m having a stroke lol

3 Likes

Both zen and kiriko are extremely affected by whatever is going on. I suspected it’s dependent on damage dealt by the weapon, but hanzo doesn’t seem to have as bad of an issue as zen or kiri. bad day to be a flex support i guess.
hope i still have some of the skills i got from playing tracer for a day two months ago.

2 Likes

This bug is happening with Tracer too, except with her rate of fire it feels like the screen is vibrating. I main her so I’m absolutely sure it wasn’t like this before. I mean, it instantly changed after the update, had to restart due to update, came back in and it was immediately noticeable. Tinkered with all kinds of settings already, updated Nvidia drivers, scanned and repaired game files, nothing helps.

3 Likes

Seconding this bug on PC, it’s nauseating…

3 Likes

Seems like the worst shake happens when you kill a target. On Hanzo you can dragon bots and your screen will shake on their death.

4 Likes

Same Problem with mine I’m just not gonna play it until it’s fixed

6 Likes

Same problem. The bug seems to happen every time you hit an ennemy. You can see that it’s a zoom by shooting a projectile and turning away. The screens zooms in if the projectile connects to an ennemy and doesn’t zoom im if you miss. Present on every hero i think. Makes the game unplayable.

4 Likes

Hitscan feels terrible with this bug the screen is shaking out of control. It happens when your shots connect.

4 Likes

Same on PC, every hero, fix this annoying bug please

6 Likes

Same exact thing here. It’s absolutely unbearable. Do they even playtest these patches? It’s nauseating. I legit won’t be able to play until they fix this.

4 Likes

jesus have they still not fixed it? if they’re having this much difficulty fixing it, only the powers that be, in the heavens above, know how they even managed to break a feature they didn’t even touch (at least in the patch notes). my only conceivable explanation for the delay is they’re probably designing a new 2900 token skin.

3 Likes

I forbade my kids from playing overwatch until there was a function to turn off this shake.

2 Likes

Can confirm having same issue on PC

3 Likes

If you try sojourn its like putting a massage gun to your head its nauseas.

2 Likes

video example testing some random heroes. It’s bad enough so I can’t play, makes me nauseous before I finish a single game

4 Likes

I have the same thing happening on PC. It’s almost unnoticeable, but it appears the game is rapidly changing the FOV after each shot. Can we get an option to turn it off? Blizz is usually pretty good on accessibility, it’s a shame this got through without testing.

2 Likes