New experimental patch notes (ashe, sigma and Ball Nerfs, Hanzo buff)

Wow more tank nerfs geez they really don’t want tanking to be fun.

7 Likes

Same honestly. It’s a mind scratcher

Why nerf tanks? The other tanks aren’t viable currently because they don’t have as much utility as Sigma or Ball, Rein has a slow shield that has a lot of health but is too slow, Orisa has a lot of teamplay that is required for her to be useful and in Solo queue there is no teamplay and she has as shield that’s made of paper. Winston is good at dive but it’s map dependent.
Reason Ball is good is because he offers the dive factor like Winston but also can set up teammates much better. D.va isn’t good because all the meta characters will live with D.M eating damage. Zarya isn’t good because the bubbles don’t deny much damage other than pulse bomb or flux.

3 Likes

I have to agree when I played sigma the 1sec cooldown was fine but a whole 2 seconds? It’ll dramatically slow down the pace of the game, and overwatch is a high pace game that requires heroes to be fast deal good damage

imagine if orisa gets nerfed even more because of that 0_0

1 Like

Hitscan nerfs are always welcome, Hanzo buff is a bit weird considering he’s one of the better projectile DPS, it would have been better to buff some of the weaker ones like Genji, Sigma nerf might be impactful idk, the Ball nerf is welcome, but I still think his CC potential is too high.

Why are they making tanking even worse with no positive changes for any tanks.

6 Likes

A head shot will do 150 damage and mercy give 30% damage boost 30% of 150 is 45, 150+45=195. She can no longer one shot headshot with mercy pocket on most heroes.

1 Like

Baptiste and Zen are doing better than mercy, don’t you mean where are the baptiste nerfs?

(Not that I think baptiste needs nerfs, but this posters bias is showing)

Sigma’s nerf is too big. As a Sigma veteran I feel like It’s going to kill the character. 2,5 seconds is the same duration of Pharah’s ultimate. That means EVEN if you immediently react by recalling the shield, you still can’t stop it, and that’s just one example. The hero won’t be able to survive most of the more devastating ults and abilities. Also a hero like Roadhog will just be able to walk trough your shiled and hook you every time no matter what. Sigma is dead if the change goes through…

3 Likes

But cmon the dva cooldown between matrix uses was needed she literally made every hero with a projectile ultimate unplayable.

Honestly Zarya could use the counter, her ultimate has very little counters.

so a slap on the wrist nerf to ashe and ball, no tracer nerfs in sight, deleting sigma from the game, and a hanzo buff that no one was asking for.

10 Likes

I dont know about you but that ashe nerf is pretty big

Sure the most dmg it can do will leave you at 5hp, but you could then run away and get healed

1 Like

They’re pushing for that rein/zarya meta pretty hard it seems. It’s not been long since rein got buff in his dmg and bulk.

By killing ashe/mercy synenergy makes mercy a lot less useful, worse ashe means less competition for dps slots, sigma and ball nerfs means rein can start dominating top ranks as much as he dominates low ranks and zarya will slot in nicely for the synenergy plus gravdragons.

Then once there’s no reason to run mercy and nobody to peel for zen, we’ll switch back to ana/lucio and all will be well in the world again.

2 Likes

At the same time, you can be chipped by someone else on the enemy team and just die because its still 195 dmg after being boosted. Its sort of like Roadhog. He lost his consistent OHKO on his own, but a hook is still a very powerful thing to obtain when you are in the middle of the enemy team after that hook.

Sucks too since Rein Zarya is the least interesting combo

They may be high energy, but it’s also the meathead strategy. “Walk Forward to Win” strats

2 Likes

That’s the point.

If Sigma isn’t paired with an offtank, it shouldn’t be a meta comp.

1 Like

So glad they didn’t touch Ball’s fluidity.
Also oooof that Ashe change.

The point is terrible

2 Likes