New Experimental Patch for April 1st - Demo Video Now Available

Some of those Changes are actually good/interesting to be in comp

this is beautiful. please add every single one to the main game :star_struck:
except zarya would need some tweaking coz she might become too oppressive and less team-oriented hero

This is actually unironically good.

When can we expect this pushed to live?

3 Likes

It’s too powerful pls nerf

Not gonna lie or change your mind. But I’d rather we’d had a tournament with these changes instead. Maybe with two turret Torb included. Triple trap Junkrat and Two turret Torb would be major salt inducing.

Devs pretty much pulled a “Fine I’ll do it myself.” to a meme patch.

Please keep these doomfist changes so we dont have to exploit bugs to be viable anymore

1 Like

10/10 more of this, so good

I was wondering if her cool downs should recover the count separately but use the shared pool. In the experimental, if we continue to use it like normal and bubble the self and ally, then we have to wait double the time to gain both of them back. So, relative to the normal Zarya, we have a much greater cool down. Where its strong is using 2 bubbles on either self target or the ally back to back, but having a shared cool down drops the strength from the initial engagement. So, I think if there were alternate cool downs, then doubling on either self or an ally will remain long on the cool down, since it can be strong, while splitting it between the self and the other (like normal), can maintain a similar duration.

Its like some changes are complete memes and some are legit good changes.

What worries me that the solid changes is what Blizzard thinks are memes.

1 Like

In all seriousness, is there any chance some of the tame ones stay if there’s enough positive feedback? I absolutely love seeing these, I actually had so much joy testing them out but it makes me sad assuming all of them are just for Exp Card and not ever for Live. Radical changes like these get people so excited to launch up the game again, and it’d be a shame to see some of these REALLY brilliant ideas not come to fruition. Would love to hear a response, you guys did an insane job on this patch and it’s the most fun I’ve had in a while paying the game outside of Scrims. (Please leave the Ashe, Doom, and Bap ones if anything they’re so good)

Good. I think Bastion deserves to feel powerful, and it’s turret mode that makes everyone froth at the mouth, anyway.

2 Likes

Seems like those were the changes some of the devs had in mind + the asked changes for some heroes maybe?

Lets get this through then:

I assume all Anas ever dreamed of having a chance to get POTG, this would be the way, but it sounds at least on paper also very strong, so it wouldnt go through imo. Probably to the best before other aspects get nerfed just for meme potgs…

Her coach gun is already busted, actually should be nerfed.

Almost like thats what i preached for a while :wink:
However his heals are already busted, i dont think he needs more heals, that would make him by far the best main healer.

Good one, if they nerf his damage. Nobody wants to get mown down by a mini sentry in less then a second. Nerf his sentry damage and this one might be interesting. 33% nerf per second ?

No thanks to chain stuns. Sounds horrible.

First ones doesnt need to be mentioned but yea, big no to it.
Second one is interesting and should be considered, maybe not 30% but 20% ?

I mean it wouldnt break him ? But also dont think he needs even more vertical mobility. He is already flying around like a budget pharah on crack. No from me.

Her Ult is already A-tier, no need to buff it.

Unironically, an interesting idea, but not with the current duration.

Actually a neat idea, but opens up again on to muhc RNG kills, especially as long as each arrow got headshot multiplier. So one or another needs to go.

Pretty busted. Big No for a no-brain hero.

It would be an interesting compensation nerf for a roll nerf to 10secs imo.

Probably one of the most interesting changes. But the Freeze headshots need to be changed or else she will be just another fat annoying DPS.

Mercy: Meme material.

Big No to no aim heroes getting dmg buff. 90% of the Moiras where running around with holding M2.

Didnt include Lucio and Sombra.

Meme Material, and not really helpful.

Concussion is already not on the highest CD + the range of the impact is extremely generous. So no to this buff. But her Ultimate movement isnt bad imo, could be tweaked and worked in.

Wraith buff was kinda busted, but the TP buff could make it live.

I dont think anyone played Rein in all the matches lol. Didnt see how much impact it had. But currently he is to strong anyway.

Maybe not 50% but decrease by 2 seconds for a successful hook or 1sec ? Would be certainly interesting.

Probably one of the coolest changes. Maybe not in this version but with a cooldown it would be interesting imo and also would finally put him into the offtank role + no more DS meta.

Even without Nano or dmg buff, it was completely busted. BIG FAT NO.

Felt like she had her Ult on a CD now. Big No here. Its already obnoxious to deal with her. She got her HP buffed, that should be enough for being a somewhat close range DD on her M1.

Kind of meme material, but also not to be joked with. Dude charged way more Ults and his E is already busted being a budget tank on it. No to this changes.

She need nerfs, not buffs!?

Big No, there is no room to buff her, but always room to nerf her. She is still to good without any buffs. Big fat No.

This change can be interesting with a slight buff like to 60dmg. Once he Ults, its over, and its also not fun tbh. I dont like the barrier interaction. if they wanna change it, then buff it or something but not be able to shoot it because it charges his Ult is weird.

Big No, his CD on grapple is already low and doesnt need any dmg buffs on top of it.

I like the change, it opens up more options to save your teammates. But also people would get way more frustrated with it. I guess its gonna stay a one-time thing.

Big No. His discord is already busted. His rightclick is already one of the stronger alt-shots even without discord. Zen doesnt need any kind of mobility without fat compensation nerfs.

This is so much fun!

Alright, I just tested that experiMENTAL and…some ideas are actually good and should totally be pushed in the game.

I’m a flex player (meaning I couldn’t test out dps changes) but here’s what I thought.

Sigma, Zarya, Ana, Wrecking Ball: fun but non-viable.
Zenyatta: Unimportant.
Orisa: Why? But why not. It’s not going to save her but it is quite pleasant to be able to move quickly. No opinion on that matter.
Reinhardt: It takes some getting use to it but ultimately, it’s not going to change much.

Now for the interesting part.
D.Va: High risk but high reward. Should get implemented.
Moira, Brigitte: Actually interesting. It should be tested in real condition.
Mercy: Interesting but I’m not sure if it’s viable. Here again it’s high risk, high reward. It does put you in a good position to do some headshot but it can be quite dangerous. Should be tested in real conditions.
Baptiste: Protective field felt actually more useful than invulnerability field in most situations. Maybe that’s just me but I think it was an interesting mechanic that should make it into the game. But I wouldn’t cry if it doesn’t, I can understand if many disagree.
Roadhog: Feels right but wrong at the same time. Interesting idea but should be more punitive if the hook is failed.
Lucio: BOOP. Not exactly a fan of Lucio anyway, don’t really have an opinion on this.
Winston: Revenge of the planet of the…scientists. I don’t know if it’s a good idea but…you know what? I think it’s good.
Mei: Let’s have some hot snowball fight and make Mei a tank. That experimental is pure madness and it feels like she’s not exactly viable sometimes but maybe in real conditions and with a few tweaks… She’s actually quite pleasant. And frankly, it feels like she belongs in that role. Her support ability to freeze finally gets some value because the DPS can make use of that, she has a very decent survivability and protecting value… She is a good off-tank.

As for the DPS, I couldn’t test it but from what I got from the enemy team, three traps to Junkrate might be a bit too much, Soldier is overpowered, Pharah actually says “Justice rains from above” and not “Justice rains from ARGH”.

Only works after hitting someone with Whipshot.

So basically it’s near useless against the target you just whip shot away.

2 Likes

I know most of this isn’t going live but I really want this change to go live

1 Like

Omg, I legit thought they were just fake notes, not a real patch.

2 Likes

sym players trolledd

You should test it out. Especially the Mei tank since it’s the biggest change that actually makes some sense.

Also, if you discover what are the changes to Sombra, let us know.

Yeah pharah moving while ultimate that’s litteraly what she need to be less dependent on Zarya …