New dev update is just salt in the wounds

We must have different definitions then. They literally gave you the main thing Mercy players seem to want - 60 HPS - in a limited fashion. Clearly they understand what you want but disagree on how much of it you should get.

Not every ult is to be game changing. Unless of course you think Moira, Doomfist, McRee, Sym, Tracer, Widow, Orisa, Roadhog, Winston, and Wrecking Ball’s ults are all game changing (and that’s with me leaving out plenty borderline “game changing” ults like Sombra).

The faster charging ults, like Moira and Orisa, are supposed to be used toward the beginning and middle of team fights. And used often and not saved. They help you win evenly matched team fights to start instead of being team wiping or counter acting team wiping. That or they force the enemy to vastly outplay you or use ults that take longer to charge, thus you’ll have yours back sooner to gain a huge advantage in a team fight. A mercy being able to chain heal 60hps to a decent sized group often is scary.

This is a good buff. It’s really saddening to me that many have been asking for any and all buffs, then when one is given, this is some of the response to it.

2 Likes

Mercy mains wanted their actual healing back, not valkyrie giving them what they should have. Shouldnt have to waste an ultimate just to heal the amount she should be. Its a buff to insult the players as a response to an unnecessary nerf.

I should ask the militia, short of making Mercy the single most powerful entity in Overwatch, what would alleviate your bloodlust? I am a mere moral, and unworthy of drawing breath, but it seems to be that adjusting her ability to make it more powerful would be a concession. After all, Mass Resurrect was a spectator style ability as well.

Which they literally gave you, in a limited fashion.

“If it’s not exactly what I want regardless of any other factors, it’s an insult!” Come on now, is this tantrum really necessary?

Limited fashion isn’t enough. Its still a nerf that shouldn’t have happened because 60hp/s was fine.

Support ults when compared to Mercy

• Break the sound barrier and apply it to your nearby teammates as a massive burst of shield.
  • Become an invincible, transcended robot that can fly around and heal every teammate in the vicinity for 300 HP/s, oh and it’s the only counter to certain abilities
  • Inject a friendly hero with smurf drugs that make them tougher, make them deal more damage and generally cause them to become incredibly strong
  • KAMEHAMEHA
  • Raise a flag and give everyone armour…???

Okay, I’ll admit that it’s hard to make Brigitte’s sound exciting. But it’s definitely better than Valkyrie, which is literally just called ‘Moth’ because all Mercy does in the ultimate is fly around and be annoying.

4 Likes

It’s not even a buff. They just reverted the nerf they made to her.

It was bad before this nerf, worse with the nerf and will still be bad now they’ve reverted the healing to 60 HPS.

2 Likes

And they’re in the progress of fixing it. Small steps to balancing are better than drastic changes, wasn’t that the problem with Mercy’s rework in teh first place?

They aren’t ignoring, just they don’t agree.

Don’t make the mistake of disagreement and inattention.

They aren’t doing a rework/revert, at least not now. Just accept it and move on.

6 Likes

A new update and Mercy mains complain. Nothing happens and Mercy mains complain.

Color me surprised.

6 Likes

explain to me how mass-ressurection isn’t less boring or mind numbing? New to the discussion.

Because it was actually an impactful ultimate, Therefore making it enjoyable if you could get it off. Whilst current valk is completely pointless and you can play just as well without pressing Q once, because valk is just a free spectator button.

Exactly this.
it isn’t a buff people its a revert of a nerf while at the same time keeping the primary healing nerfed.

1 Like

If they fixed the problems with the character I’m pretty sure the complaints would dwindle to nothing. Just like it has with lots of other characters.

1 Like

But the toxic ones can’t push the victim narrative unless every action and inaction, whether they have anything to do with Mercy or not, are personal attacks against their very existence.

Semantically the same thing. So tell me, why are people complaining that they’re reverting part of the rework that people have been screaming for them to revert? Why are you not praising them for finally reverting something? Because it’s not an “everything in one go” change like the one that messed Mercy up in the first place?

2 Likes

because reverting it back to a point where it was still hated and viewed as weak isn’t the solution. why should that be praised. nothing was accomplished.

Is that not exactly what a TON of Mercy players have been asking for???

Because they’ve already reverted something before. Remember when they nerfed her healing per second from 60 to 50? Yeah that was a revert.

doesn’t answer my question as far as I’m aware. I asked how is it less boring / mind numbing? Because I remember it being so. Has nothing to do with how it impacted the game or how enjoyable it is.