New Brigitte is dead

Okay I’ll explain. I disagree with some of your premise.

First off, she is still the tankiest support in the game. In fact, she’s the tankiest hero in the game besides the tank roster.

Depends on what you mean by frontline. She shouldn’t be in front of her tanks.

You shouldn’t be pushing ahead of your tanks. Not only that, but you’re supposed to play her against dive, a team comp that comes to you. I keep seeing a weird widespread misconception that Brig should be able to “get to” places, but that isn’t the case. She’s supposed to stay huddled with her team and wait for the enemy to come to her to make dive attempts difficult. (unless yall are up in players, then obviously you can push)

It isn’t controversial, it’s used differently then how it used to be. Whereas before you would use it as healing because it was a burst heal, it’s now better to be used to give armor so your squishy teammates are less likely to die from a burst of damage.

Not necessarily true.

She is still a very, very good pick against dive. But due to her decreased survivability she isn’t as good against other comps that she used to be somewhat playable against. Her weaknesses are more obvious now. Don’t play her against strong ranged damage. Play her against close range fighters.

3 Likes

I see. They want her to be more viable as one of two healers is what they’re saying. Before the patch she was kind of a tertiary healer that only worked with two others. Saying that current Brig is a main healer would be very short sighted.

Is it possible that her changes require you play her differently than before?
I mean there were many saying DVa was dead after the armor change after s3, yet, still going strong.
Maybe more time to see?

1 Like

Yeah tankiest support, but her gameplay is compleetly different than ana, or mercy (i think you’ll agree with that) . She is the only support that has a melee weapon, that makes you to keep close distance between you and your enemy to keep your inspire and heal others, and because of that she needs survival. Tanks,when they took damage are usually healed by supports, but support usually don’t have any time to heal another support(like Brig) . That’s a differense

1 Like

What about Zen then? Will they nerf his damage to increase his healing since he’s the only one of two supports?

she is kind of in a weird limbo spot were she doesn’t have the consistency to be a main heals but she doesn’t have the utility to be an off heal, I’m not really sure what they can do to give her the consistency she needs and I’m not 100% convinced giving her an additional 50-150 barrier strength is the answer like alot of people think.

She has the utility, what she doesn’t have is the ult of an off healer. Rally is a tempo ult, which is a trademark of main healers.

2 Likes

I will surprise you, but against dive you need a survival too. Your selfhealing now can’t compete even winston’s gun, but if for example Soilder 76 are shooting, you will be dead in 1 sec. Because you can’t escape, and at the same time you need to keep aura. New nerf makes her a very easy target to kill

3 Likes

I wanna point out also that if winston puts a shield on her, her inspire will get line of sight blocked, if the other support isn’t a mercy or zen, pretty much chances are the other support will be blocked to heal her, armor was nerfed against beam attack, winston beam goes through her shield.

3 Likes

Can someone explain why old Brig couldn’t fit in a 222 scenario? Cause Zen can have low healing and he fits 222, why couldn’t old Brig with low healing?

1 Like

Your playing her wrong, thats why your frustrated. This was a rework, you literally cant play her like you are used to. She works great behind a Main tank with a shield. She isnt supposed to be played on the front lines anymore. Shes actually a support now… the sky isnt falling, I promise.

2 Likes

So if you behind tanks, how you suppose to use inspire? You just lose a half of Brig’s potential . If you keepin distance you cant properly heal your team, because your inspire is 70-75% of healing amout

2 Likes

Try to adjust to her new playstyle, dont just hold up your shield and run in the frontline and expect the same kind of survivability.

I’ve been playing her a lot lately just because I wanted to see what the rework was like and I’m not struggling at all (but I think she now suits more of my playstyle, so she meshes well with me now)

I don’t have my shield breaking, because I’m not relying constantly on my shield to live. I do think it needs a minor buff (maybe 50-150 max) because of her melee playstyle, but if you can hit those whips and move in with your tanks she’s great.

I mainly play her on KOTH maps right now, because the environment/layout fits well with her playstyle.

With that being said I still believe she’s not dead, people need more time to adjust to the new playstyle and then after that I’m willing to entertain the idea of looking at buffs.

2 Likes

Whipshot.

I maintain about 30-50% inspire uptime right now, but her health packs are actually what’s keeping everyone alive. Her healing now isn’t a joke nor does it rely on having inspire up 24/7

3 Likes

You can forget about Whipshot, because it can’t hit person behind shield, so you will not get value from inspire. In new system team has at least 1 shield tank

4 Likes

No. Just… no.

That is how I’m keeping my inspire up constantly.

Wait for shields to drop, get the person who moves out of position, move in with tanks.

If you want to ignore an entire part of her kit I don’t believe it’s worth having a discussion.

2 Likes

300 HP Shield
18 HPS Inspire
Test this and lets see if inspire healing will be too much for more often inspire, if it is, nerf it again to 16 HPS.
Keep Self healing 10 HPS.
I wanna try/test this.
If too much shield hard to break, decrease regen rate to 75 per second.

But…but…but skill.

1 Like

Flail procs inspire, they made it easier to hit and brig has only 0.3 seconds of vulnerability now after using it. What’s the problem? Your over thinking this. All you need to do is keep inspire up. Flail is 4 second CD and inspire lasts 5 seconds. Sprinkle melee hits here and there and your golden. People just cant play her braindead anymore.

2 Likes

Because Repair Pack was a single target burst heal on a 6s CD that overhealed into armor, and Inspire requires dealing damage via Whipshot or Primary to proc. Brig didn’t fit the main healer role, so the Oh-So-Wise Blizzard decided to make her worse by giving her the healing output of a main healer, but without giving her any of the mobility/damage/self-heal capabilities that other main healers have.

The reason Zen fits 2-2-2 is because of the way his kit is designed. If we look at his health, we see that he has low health. He has no mobility. He can only heal a single target at a time. But as compensation, he has high damage output, utility in Discord and a very strong ult.

Old Brig could have fit in 2-2-2 with some minor tweaks but once again Blizzard overdid it.

3 Likes