New Battlenet Crashes BOTH My Computers

The new 100% cpu usage feature is crashing my computer. I can’t even install Battlenet after trying to reinstall because the installer maxes out my cpu usage, even after swapping to a different processor. I’ve even used an air-pump to try to keep my cpu from overheating, but it can’t get through the install without dying. When is a fix going to be put through? I feel cheated…

1 Like

You and hundreds of other players are out in the cold, but hey it’s totally your fault guys - some blizzard employee
jokes aside I hope they resolve the issue soon, my computer barely made it through the update.

Howdy!

With the latest patch, you are not just downloading and then installing. It’s restructuring the game files and installing, it may also lower download speeds or stop the download to do this periodically. This process can increase CPU usage greatly though as long as your system doesn’t have any Overheating or power supply issues due to your CPU being under heavy load it should be fine. Our goal is to help players who run into issues narrow them down and resolve them.

We offer more information about this Here and Here.

If you swapped out to another CPU it could be a power supply issue or settings issue.

Thank you!