Nerfs rolled back

Continuing the discussion from I like the Sombra changes:

To all the people who say they don’t listen to PTR feedback, take a look. They’re keeping the buffs and rolling back the nerfs on Sombra, exactly as people were asking, while ignoring the people who saw this change of playstyle and jumped on the hate wagon. When you look at things objectively, without bias, you see things much more clearly.

4 Likes

That makes 3 times they’ve changed things, out of…oh, I don’t know. Lots.
Hog, D.Va’s multiple issues, Mercy, Hanzo, Tracer, Ana, Lucio, Zen, Moira, Brig…he list goes on.

If they want to establish the image that they listen, they’d better keep working. I mean, she’s still being nerfed. So…your argument is invalid, OP.

1 Like

That’s total BS. She’s still being nerfed. Us saying “Don’t nerf her” and them saying “okay we just nerf a lil bit? touchy tha nerf?” is NOT them listening to feedback. If they were listening to feedback Brigitte would be getting reworked, instead of running Sombra into the ground.

2 Likes

No. They’re only rolling back part of it, it’s still a net nerf.

5 Likes

So what have been rolled back?

Yeah is there a list somewhere or something?

Has a small list of things that changed.

1 Like

the link the OP has an orange post talking about it. I don’t see the nerf anymore. The only nerf is that trans can be destroyed (which just means it needs to be used differently), slower speeds when stealthed (but higher speeds overall), and no more contesting while stealthed.

I mean, if we’re being really technical, we’re asking for them to be fully reverted because they’re not needed :stuck_out_tongue: They still come with drawbacks (i.e. reduced speed and no longer being able to contest points).

Most Sombra mains could already do the things these buffs allow, with the pressure of time. This just relieves the pressure for newer Sombra players and others who aren’t as seasoned with her, but it adds any drawbacks it gives us.

I’m 100% appreciative that they’re listening to feedback and I hope they continue to adjust her. But I have to say, these changes aren’t good if they take away her ability to contest points or keep her speed, even if it’s just the same 6 seconds as it is on live. It never addressed the core issues she had and why she was weak.

1 Like

Thanks. I like those changes, then again not many players play her in crazy style like I am.

1 Like

I think the idea they were going for is lowering her skill floor so more people will play her. I liked being able to contest while stealthed but didn’t get that opportunity too often. And fighting in the back lines I was never able to get the hang of because she only had time to drop 1 clip before translocating out. If you were good then you got 1 squishy down, 2 if one of them was low. That was my experience anyways, but I’m only bronze so I’m the one these changes were created for.

1 Like

It sucks they are still gonna keep the same speed and no contesting while invisible. People will be able to destroy her translocator that sucks.
Well at least they are listening right?!

there’s going to be an adjustment phase, and some of the people who mained her will inevitably switch to something else, just as sym mains have found something else to main now. The playstyle will change, it will be less running and more fighting. The couple matches I played on ptr, I didn’t have to trans out as fast, I was able to stay and get a couple more clips in before taking damage and getting out.

1 Like

That is true well we will have to wait and see with these “updated changes”

Oh yes, they surely do listen. Not like they ignored an entire group of people who played a certain hero for hours upon hours after they told said group if they give constructive feedback they will listen. But instead just slapped the group in the face and basically said “screw you, we’re nerfing this hero anyways.”

I think right now, most people here only WANT to see the downsides.
I’m not the biggest fan of the changes myself, it’s not really the ideal change for her, but with the reverted nerfs and the added hack>reload, it’s in no way or form a nerf anymore.

2 Likes

The majority of the feedback said not to continue with any of the changes and try something else.

1 Like

It still is a nerf. Her hack cancel is nice, but situational. This wont help her most of the time. Its not a core issue.

As long as Transloctor is destroyable (certainly so easily) it most definitely is.

Yeah, it’s a qol change, but it will make her flow way better.
And i don’t see the nerfs outweighting the buffs anymore.
In the long term, you’ll be back in the fight faster with permanent 50% than a few sec with 75%, the infinite translocator will give her way more room to play around (i can’t count how often i left an enemy on low hp because the tl runs out), the tl being destructable and then having only 2sec cooldown is also amazing and it being destructable by the enemy… well a two edged sword, at least you won’t teleport in front of a full hp D.va camping it when they destroy it first.
And the invis contest is more of a last ditch effort to maaaybe let your team stall a little longer. It’s definately the biggest nerf, on the other hand, the opportunitys to backcap or surprise the enemy bbecause you don’t set up the alarm on point are there, too.

1 Like