Nerfs rolled back

Yeah, it’s a qol change, but it will make her flow way better.

Yes it certainly will. Its the only patch note i really like. But even Fitzy only considers it a bug fix, since every other hero can already do that.
I’m not grateful to get things which should be mandatory in the first place.

And i don’t see the nerfs outweighting the buffs anymore.
In the long term, you’ll be back in the fight faster with permanent 50% than a few sec with 75%,

Only over longer distances. Mostly coming back from spawn which happens if you die (which you want to avoid) or at the beginning of the game. Mid team fight where you need to reposition quickly over shorter distances you are slower.

the infinite translocator will give her way more room to play around (i can’t count how often i left an enemy on low hp because the tl runs out),

This could have been fixed in other ways, like improving her base movement speed to more reliably finish of low health targets.
Just by itself it is a buff, but they made the translocaor destructable by enemies which robbs you of viable places where you could have used it offensively or to bait enemies to camp it, to get a number advantage in the teamfight.

the tl being destructable and then having only 2sec cooldown is also amazing and it being destructable by the enemy… well a two edged sword, at least you won’t teleport in front of a full hp D.va camping it when they destroy it first.

Just learn to keep track if someone is camping it. Then you can take advantage of it. Making enemies leave their team not contributing and waiting for you is a good thing.

And the invis contest is more of a last ditch effort to maaaybe let your team stall a little longer. It’s definately the biggest nerf, on the other hand, the opportunitys to backcap or surprise the enemy bbecause you don’t set up the alarm on point are there, too.

Backcap is harder since you need to decloak first to contest which gives you away with her voiceline.
Its not only stall. You also cant force enemies back on the point by contesting anymore, since they can just shoot you when you are visible.

Only over longer distances. Mostly coming back from spawn which happens if you die (which you want to avoid) or at the beginning of the game. Mid team fight where you need to reposition quickly over shorter distances you are slower.

I give you that, when you just want to get back on ppint from your hp pack, 75% is better. But it’s not like she’s only invis. 50% is still 50% faster than everone else

This could have been fixed in other ways, like improving her base movement speed to more reliably finish of low health targets.
Just by itself it is a buff, but they made the translocaor destructable by enemies which robbs you of viable places where you could have used it offensively or to bait enemies to camp it, to get a number advantage in the teamfight.

More speed won’t help her finish off targets faster, she needs some kind of burst or more reliable damage for that. Or more time when more killing power is not an option and that’s what we got.
The baiting is kind of a gimmik, sometimes it works, most of the time they will just keep shooting you and then turn around when you tl.

Just learn to keep track if someone is camping it. Then you can take advantage of it. Making enemies leave their team not contributing and waiting for you is a good thing.

Yeah, but this game can get really messy, it’s impossible to always keep track of everyone

Backcap is harder since you need to decloak first to contest which gives you away with her voiceline.
Its not only stall. You also cant force enemies back on the point by contesting anymore, since they can just shoot you when you are visible.
[/quote]

You can just wait on the point for everyone to leave and then pop out. Easier to do than time your invis/hiding spot perfectly.

I think that describes a unwanted side change with side effects. Not a big nerf but not a buff yeah

“Nerfing” is subjective. I see her upcoming changes as a QoL that will make her gameplay a bit more consistent. But they’re obviously still tweaking with her abilities. I’m sure by the time she hits live she’ll have even more tweaks to satisfy the nations.

1 Like