Nerfs are live - not as expected

Another nerfs to make tanks even more broken, so new players could handle them easier and maybe pick them more often. Zen discord was especially pretty annoying on tanks.
I excepted at least Hamster ‘CTRL’ ability damage nerf, though :frowning:

I’m totally fine with discord at 25%. It’s the other nerf that seems unnecessary, and only just to try to force a meta shift.

4 Likes

they chose the wrong echo nerf, they should have nerfed her bomb damage instead of her primary

but beam nerf is fine

6 Likes

If they want to stop the burst damage on tanks stuff with Echo, the main thing they should be doing is reducing the damage per second of beam on targets less than 50% health; right now it’s 200 DPS, which is a lot. They can even increase the DPS of it on targets above 50% health a little bit to compensate somewhat since you only do 50 DPS for it. I would probably start off doing 60 DPS to targets above 50% health & 180 DPS for targets below 50% health.

See this is what I mean.

It’s insane
How are the devs supposed to do anything without pissing off thousands of people when large swaths of the community assert that tanks are both deleted garbage and broken.

See, to me, I think tanks are in a decent spot, but that may change as I get more experience on them.

It’s just astonishing to me how varied opinions can be on the balance of the game. It’s almost like none of us on these forums know what we’re talking about when discussing balance.

1 Like

They wanted to make her less lethal against tanks while keeping her lethality against squishys. Bomb nerf would be too much

3 Likes

no the skyreaperbeam needed to go this fixes like 75% of dva’s remaining problems on its own.

1 Like

nah sticky spam is definitely still a nuisance

increase sticky bomb cooldown up to 7 or 8 second
and delay time before sticky detonation to allow some counterplay

1 Like

And while we’re at it let’s reduce her primary fire damage to make sure she will never be anything more than a slight annoyance

I mean, a non hitscan DPS actually having lethality? What was Blizzard thinking :roll_eyes:

1 Like

no, she needs that quick cd,

a slight bomb nerf wouldve been ok

Different ranks, platforms, and servers, with adding some people complaining about roles they dont even know how to play, mix together in one bag, creating a lot of opinions on the topics of heroes balance.
Not even starting on background of many people playing this game being different. :man_shrugging:

Overwatch did great job at mixing up thier playerbase, and now, common different opinions are reasults of that.
And im just as biased as everyone else, normal thing actually

1 Like

ready to bet echo’s nerfs will barely do anything to her pickrates, this is not even close to being enough

1 Like

Having a hard time grasping what the ‘not as expected’ part is. Exact nerfs as experimental.

1 Like

Sticky bombs seems to be the only part of echos kit that’s balanced IMO. Beam nerf wasn’t enough. Still basically an ultimate on cool down against squishies.

why do people think like this?

we obviously want op hitscan nerfed as well. i mean c’mon, you think any sane person wants only hitscan AND echo viable? some of you just want all heroes to be overpowered and it shows

I’m fine with the duration, damage, previous range.

They just needed to make it last much shorter.

You either get it right, or it’s gone.

Too much room for error as it is.

1 Like

The can increase the damage on targets above 50% health to sort of compensate. The potential burst damage to kill tanks would be lower. Right now you do a measly 50 DPS on targets above 50% health. They could make it do 60-180 instead of 50-200 like currently.