❗️Nerfing Bastion didn’t fix the problem, It just made him rely more on a Shield

Read this article fully, It has valuable information if wondering why certain nerfs should be revoked, etc reasons.

Back in the day, Bastion used to be about relocating etc, You can even see it on a youtube too. But it’s very obvious it’s just a back in the day thing, hence all the Youtube videos were made during the time Bastion had less spread, more time to transistion, etc.

Now instead here is how he now works now he has to sit behind a shield, piss enemies off, etc. This is not nerfing Bastions, It’s pissing players off by being a Shield Gun, Giving Bastion a bigger reason to be nerfed. So he already got nerfed but now his new strategy is going to require him to get nerfed again at some point in the future.

I’ve seen YouTube videos of Bastions absolutely eating people without a shield, and it tells me how badly people wanted him nerfed, They wanted Bastion needed because they couldn’t focus a Bastion outside a shield. This is a Team Game. Basically, people’s inability to work as a team.

You guys say he NEEDS A NERF
But you’re the same people forgetting the easy 3 steps to remove a bastion from the area.
1: Find a safe position for your team to shoot the shield
2: Shoot the Bastion and Shield Tank when shield is down to force them to back into cover
3: Approach point and force yourself into the enemy team, Focus down the enemy Bastion as he is sensitive in a 6v6 where NOBODY can plan to protect eachother but instead to fight the enemies while Bastion is out of protection shoot him out.

Was it that hard? No.
Did the players make it seem hard? Yes.
Why? Because they failed to play as a team in a team game.

BEFORE AND AFTER THE NERF BASTION WAS KILLABLE. READ ABOVE IF YOU HAVENT DONE SO

Outside the Shield without a nerf, Or inside the Shield with a Nerf Players will always complain about Bastion.

Not only nerfing Bastion, But nerfing almost every character DOES NOT PROMOTE TEAM PLAY, BUT DEDUCTS IT.

If you’re uncomfortable with completely reverting Bastion, you could try this:

No need to return headshots if not comfortable with it, But at least turn the low spread.

Change Iron Clad from 20% to at least 27% and up. Increase healing time by at least 20% more.

Start focusing on his DPS rather than Sustainability.

If you want to keep the 300 HP, at least make Tank mode 10 seconds, AND FIX THE SPEED ON THE PROJECTILE its so hard to get used to shooting projectiles after shooting bullets, At least increase speed by 20%.

Make his Recon weapon his Secondary weapon not his main. You buffing recon doesn’t fix his Sentry mode.

As a Bastion main, Players expect TOO MUCH from you yet it is known how Bastion got Nerfed, but people still put pressure and do NOT contribute. And sometimes immediatley ask for a switch.

If you really care about one of the great Defense heroes Bastion, than I do not know what to say or consider about his future progress

Please, We love Overwatch. But nerfing Bastion or any other character does not make this a better team game, It just makes the game require less communication skills and less contribution and promotes slacking on this game.

21 Likes

I used to main Bastion and loved this play style. It’s like he went from being effective without a shield to needing a whole babysitting squad of shields and healers to protect him.

20 Likes

Exactly.

If people can’t shoot characters OUTSIDE a shield, That are IMMOBILE and BIG, It’s quite sad.

3 Likes

Making Bastion worth using again?

Making Bastion’s damage feel like less of a Tickle and more of… Ya know… Bullets?

Where do i sign up Exactly?

I Agree With This.
Even though the Recon buffs at least helped… But Sentry didn’t need to be Touched…

11 Likes

Bastion really needs his shield back.

1 Like

The problem is that Bastion atm is really not rare in qp and you needs teamwork to counter him.
And teamwork never happen in qp that’s why Bastion piss people off

Problem with 35% Ironclad was that it made him impossible to kill even if you took down the barrier, fights revolved around who’s Bastion died first at the time due to him being so tanky and high damage.

Main problem with Bastion is that immobile heroes suck currently when mobility is so valuable to have in this game due to it having little counterplay, not to mention being a sitting duck in a game like Overwatch is practically asking to die. His Sentry mode needs an overhaul and Recon needs some changes to make him viable.

I’d argue immobility is impossible to balance. You either give something too much firepower/defense to compensate that it ruins the casual experience or you have to make it so weak that it can barely be used (See: Torbjorn’s turret).

I’d much rather see sentry mode simply be a tank mode without the cannon and reduced mobility, but not immobility. Or something along those lines.

5 Likes

This is basically why, As a Long time Bastion main myself…
I believe Bastion needs to be a Glass Canon.

Extremely High damage output, With higher risk.
Right now Bastion is just low Damage output, And the most risk.

That, and most Bastion mains just want to be rewarded for their aim.

^,~

3 Likes

Actually he deals some of the most damage in the game. Compared to an actual glass cannon like Zenyatta he’s more like a paper cannon even with being semi-tanky. There’s just so many things that can screw him over.

He Would Deal high damage, If his gun wasn’t turned into a literal Trumpet.
:upside_down_face:

In all seriousness, You would have to hit Most Of your “Pellets” To do any real damage… Which Tracer has fun dodging like it was rain on a summer afternoon.

4 Likes

Why not give Bastion an ability to construct his own walls, similar to Mei’s icewall, but smaller, weaker, and permanent? Think of a defensive character that can add extra blockades to deal with during a defense.

Get rid of the Ironclad passive, and give him Torbjorn’s scrap generation/recovery passive.

Um, you seem to be forgetting with the “it’s so easy to bust down shields (sic)” issue is that you have Orisa, a Hero who can replenish pretty sturdy barriers at a really fast rate, alongside Heroes such as D.Va, whose Defence Matrix erases shots from Heroes such as Junkrat and Bastion who are the most effective at barrier breaking, and Reinhardt, whose own barrier can be used to fill-in when Orisa’s is down. Heck, even Brigitte can fill this in to a limited extent if the other two tanks are busy or have their abilities on cooldown. This makes it really hard to bust through, and is part the reason why dive is popular (why waste time busting so many barriers when you can simply hit them from behind).
This isn’t to say that Bastion doesn’t need help (he feels somewhat pointless outside of mid-range, and while the critbox on the back of him in Sentry mode is useful to frontal assaults it is stupidly vulnerable to flankers); I am just pointing out that handling barriers is a pain in the rear when there can be so many (it also shows how powerful mobility is in this game).

while i do agree bastion needs something, but if they did all those buffs where it takes a whole team to work together to take care of him is the definition of op sadly…
i think if they should start with something it should be his movement speed and transformation speed for ult and sentry so it is quicker and easier to reposition/ get to safety/ heal/ etc…

You forget if a whole team focuses on mainly the shield it goes out quick even if replaced

Reinhardt is 2000 shield per time, And if it is focused you wouldn’t believe how fast it can go out.

2 Likes

I know how fast they can go out. But even with Junkrat AND Bastion focusing on those barriers, Orisa can still have pretty high uptime and D.Va can cover most of the gaps. In addition, you need LoS for Bastion (and most other Heroes; only Hero who can do a decent job outside of LoS is Junkrat, and he can’t quite bust them down quickly enough), as such putting you at risk of being melted yourself.

Nah, If you attack Bastion from above or sides when he doesn’t expect its extremely effective, Or just follow instructions I wrote in topic how to take out bastion

1 Like

In which case, you are going to a flank approach, which works primarily with dive, and is part the reason why dive is so popular (namely, you can easily counter pretty much every other strategy on most maps). And what I have said in my post above is saying that the approach of “melt the barriers” is hard to do without having a similar comp to the enemy (since otherwise you are left only with Junkrat, who is good at melting barriers but not THAT good).

And like I said, if a whole team focuses a barrier it melts very quick.

1 Like

And like I said earlier,

In addition, Bastion and Junkrat are the main Heroes able to bust down barriers, and if the enemy has a comp focused on protecting Bastion (so Orisa, D.Va or Reinhardt or maybe even both, possibly Brigitte, Mercy, maybe a Junkrat, and of course Bastion), then it becomes hard to try and bust down that much only using Junkrat (who is the only Hero effective at busting down barriers without requiring LoS), so then you need to get into LoS, but of course Bastion is so deadly you want some barriers to give your guys just a couple of seconds longer, so you go grab Orisa, and probably D.Va, throw in Reinhardt or Brigitte for some extra protection, probably Mercy to maximise barrier-breaking potential…hang on, MIRROR COMP!!!