Nerf Brigitte shield already

My response was within the context of this statement

Which implies that brigitte can solo combo kill 200hp heroes which she cant. It was about brigittes damage output not her synergy with her teammates

She’s also way more avoidable than him.

This. For me it’s just her melee attack can be oppressive if you’re not landing shots, eating pellets and she closes the distance.

Good. It should be, she can do basically nothing outside of 6 meters. So getting within that space had better be oppressive. You wouldn’t face plant yourself into Reaper’s shotgun, and you shouldn’t do it to Brigitte.

1 Like

Reaper can be easily countered by any hitscan hero if he gets out of position.
You know: he doesn’t have a 600hp shield. At best he can buy 2-3s with his fade.

Her kit overall is just too forgiving.
Lowering her shield health/regen-rate would make her think again before rushing right into the team and combo.

Also this will lower time-to-kill Brigitte.
Not all heroes can flank her and damage her from behind (which usually result in a suicide).

Trying to take her shield down with soldier or mccree is literally useless.
She will self-heal, shield-heal a lot faster.

Other than Hanzo no one can deal consistent damage to her.
Maybe a Widow(GM ranked) as well.
But I am not a fan of SniperWatch.

If she is shielding herself, she is providing no value to her team. Roadhog did, and still does provide way more offensive potential, it is not even close. She shouldn’t have to think about attacking in melee range because all of her abilities depend on her doing that.

Her kit is not too forgiving. It just requires a different skillset than aim.

1 Like

Nope.
You can talk about skillset other than aim when referring to Reinhard.
You can talk about skillset other than aim when referring to Winston.
You can talk about skillset other than aim when referring to Mercy or old Symmetra.

But Brigitte is the ultimate faceroll in fps game.

No. She is not. Just stay 6 meters away from her, it is not that hard.

1 Like

I’m just gonna go ahead and say you main fast heroes or rienhardt, most likely tracer. If you dont then how are you getting even slightly angry about briggitte.

But in the chance you are a tracer main. No she doesn’t need nerfs, the tracer hard counter needs to have someway to deal with her.

Besides it uses every ability on kit, she needs to be within 6 meters, and she can’t get any sort of healing. So how to deal with brig, is to swap off tracer and learn and play different heroes.

And to OP, haven’t they already stated they feel like she’s in the right place as a hybrid? Multiple times actually?

She’s fine. She doesn’t need another nerf now. Adapt.

Because Widow is also a 2 star hero. That and while she does have a lot of abilities, none of them are difficult to use. But compared to a hero like Mercy, Mercy should have 1/2 a star rather than 1 because she has a lot less to worry about.

I love watching Brigitte trying to kill someone with heals on them… I just gotta laugh as she swings away not getting anywhere. Then when the fun is over, I just kill her.

Yes but even if reaper is in your face he can still miss his shots and has to reload.

Reaper had to have his reloading toned down with the wraith change because it was holding him back. Tracer also is not his primary target, and it’s actually very easy for him to hit his primary target, which have bulky models his gun is designed to do well against. They both have weapons that take their jobs into account, because that is the part that’s important.

ETA: Reaper is also more mobile than Brigitte.

You’re right but let me elaborate cause I tend to just type in one liners and leave threads lol.

What I meant earlier is that for me, the frustration I see when people face Brigitte, stems more from the melee rather than the abilities. There is a lesser need to aim, and it has an “endless rate of fire” (like an annoying turret). Meaning, it is constantly there hitting once the distance is closed. Then, that’s where another aspect of frustration comes in, where options to escape or resist become limited when her melee is used in tandem with her stun (which fortunately now isn’t so bad with the increase cd).

Reaper on the other hand is fairly mobile and can kill fast but most Reaper players, and with RNG, don’t have the greatest accuracy, and his mobility doesn’t necessarily limit the player from moving (although I use wraith to close the gap). So, I think when a player dies against Reaper, they probably feel it is more justified than against Brigitte (and ironically they question their positioning rather than complain).

Its true a Reaper player would seek beefy targets rather than Tracers, and Brigitte should go for Tracers. However, if a Brigitte player chooses to go after anyone else, its not much more difficult to hit compared to Reaper having to hit smaller bodies (we know how much Rein and Hog mains complain about fighting Brigitte even though in a theoretical vacuum they should win those fights).

I think in the end people will continue to feel that she is cheap, frustrating, or even oppressive regardless of her usage rate or limitations just because of the relative simplicity of her melee attacks.

The beefier targets are harder for Brigitte to do anything against though because of her low damage. She screws up even a little against Roadhog for example, it is game over because he’s gonna heal up anything she managed and take her down.

Her melee attacks aren’t very missable, but that’s kind of the nature of hard to dodge attacks.

What people want is for her to work poorly. I don’t think that is reasonable.