Need a surrender button!

The game is so broke i dont want to spend 20 mins in a match with attack torb or sym afk in spawn.

Sr is a joke why not get rid of the bad games with one tricks, smurfs, leavers, non mic, toxic people, intentional delevelers.

Bassically i want to surrender everyother game because the matchmaker puts you at perceived 50 50 wr and if you are playing at your plateau then every other game will be unwinnable.

So there are 2 options derank and stomp noobs with your hidden maine or learn new chars in ranked further ruining the game.

So i say please for the love of god give us a surrender button bc im sick of wasting my time on a broke matchmaker.

How hard is it to do a char select like apex for the love of god i dont want to be on mic please give us a ping system broke af game

2 Likes

There’s no reason to not have a “surrender” button, none. If everyone on a team hits the “surrender” button the match should win and the other team gets the victory, both teams got what they wanted.

3 Likes

There are forfeits in alot of sports. The competitive mindset also entails knowing when to give up to save time and energy.

2 Likes

False, you’re thinking of a quitter’s mindset.

4 Likes

I play video games for something to do, there is no fun in a 2v6 in a competitive video game. Yes I realize that you get smoked sometimes, but being forced to fart around for 5 minutes is a waste of time and I don’t want to do it. The ultimate goal is fun, and a surrender button sounds like a way to get into more fair, fun matches.

2 Likes

Really false?

Boxing has a white towl

If the season is not going well for teams in the NBA, MLB, and NFL. The teams opt to give up on the season and rest their best players to save time and energy.

In the NBA cases they even want to lose games so they can possibly get a higher pick in the draft. So they can better increase their chances of winning next season. A quitters mindest could work in a competitive environment lol.

4 Likes

Just because a boxer taps out or the NFL displays non-competitive behavior doesn’t make a quitter’s mindset magically competitive. If you’re going to queue for competitive, then compete - don’t go into the match looking for an easy out if things are too difficult for you.

3 Likes

It’s a video game dude, your acting like this is feudal Japan. Sometimes you lose, I don’t want to sit in a lost game, this shouldn’t be a difficult concept to understand.

4 Likes

It’s a competitive game, and *you’re acting like it’s quick play.

If you’re going to queue for competitive mode then compete. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.

5 Likes

Yeah man surrender button perfectly okay for somebody with a comp mindset… Alternatively punish players for throw picking and create and environment where gold portrait noobs are not allowed to que in with players of lower ranks and sounder mental states

3 Likes

Competitive can mean different things, I just want to play against other people on my skill level. The ANYBODY WHO DOESNT TREAT THIS GAME LIKE IT MEANS THEIR LIFE IS THROWING, is kinda ridiculous, competitive or not, games are entertainment, their is no prize pool, I want to have fun, and that’s what I’m going to try to do

3 Likes

mate you are definitely the problem with comp. The game punishes players who pick the wrong heros into bad comps and accepting constructive criticism and working with the team is the most core and basic mechanic. Maybe you should check some guides online, I can link if you would like man :slight_smile:

A quitter mindset still works in a competitive enviroment tho. Also ur assuming I or the other players go into a comp match looking for an easy out. That is something you can never prove tho u can certainly try.

However what we are looking for is a competitive match to compete. Yet in a lot of cases in my own comp games the matches are unbalanced for both me and the enemy team. The feeling of having a competitve match is not constant in the competitive mode for OW.

Instead of wasting everyones time including the team that is winning because most of the time that team is just sitting on the objective waiting for the other team to get their act together. That’s so competitive that they have to practice their patience sarcasm. Forfietting should be allowed.

3 Likes

For sure, it works to weed out the non-competitive people. You try to justify it all you like, it’s no skin off my back - I doubt I’ll ever see you in my games. I’m just sad that kids aren’t raised with competitive mindsets these days.

3 Likes

How is justification when its simply part of a competitive scene? Whether or not a person, team, and/or organization should be taught to tank is not the point of this thread. If you want to take the discussion to that end than I recommend you start ur own thread.

With that said other than spouting “have a competitive mindset!” you gave no other reasons why forfietting should not be allowed in comp.

1 Like

I actually never said it shouldn’t be allowed - it already is. Quitters can quit whenever they want, there’s even a button to leave.

What I said was that if you’re going to queue for competitive mode you should be trying to compete, not going in with a mentality that if things are too hard for you then you want Blizzard to give you yet another way out. I think it’s disgusting, personally, but nothing is keeping you from quitting. Go ahead and quit, and more power to you.

3 Likes

This guys brought up a surrenser option for the match.

Here u are going against it using urself as an example.
shrugs

1 Like

I think you’re confused. When I say I queue for competitive to compete, even if the odds are unfavorable, that is in no way going against myself. I’m a competitor with a winner’s mindset, while you’re trying to argue that a quitter’s mindset is competitive.

Good luck to you, may quitting bring you success. Somehow.

3 Likes

A quitters mindset has already been shown to be beneficial in a competitive enviroment when applied correcty so ur concern is not needed but thank u anyways.

1 Like

You’re most welcome!

3 Likes