NA player Samito "smurfing isn't a problem and I invite the forums to counter me"

Someone did some research a while back and nothing outside of comp affected their placements. They tryharded, they slacked, they did arcade; nothing mattered. They were always seeded around high gold and progressed normally.

My bet it’s he really is not like that, that how ends getting money now(he just sold his butt).
The sad thing he still mock on players…in the end “Moira player using actual logic” it was just :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. Lets not forget that the forum user Moira got his youtube comment deleted when he showed his thumbnail was a lie in a previous video.

2 Likes

I agree 100%

To me, another good analogy about smurfing is like a high schooler beating up elementary school kids. Can you do it? Sure. Is it cool / impressive? No.

13 Likes

He’s absolutely right. Smurfing isn’t a problem if you don’t care about the enjoyment of average players and therefore the sustainability of this game.

If even one game is affected by a smurf, it’s a problem.

10 Likes

Spends have the video talking about balance
Brings up Doomfist once, but spends half the video spamming him

Why does this guy have a voice we should listen to?

Don’t really mean to derail the thread, but how could they figure out they were initially seeded in gold when you can place anywhere between bronze and high masters on a fresh account?

This is completely true.

“Smurfs”, are only people who intentionally try to stay at lower ranks where they don’t belong to stomp players there. If you’re not purposely trying to do that, then it’s not smurfing.

9 Likes

They looked at the SRs of the other players in the game. The first game of a new account was with and against high gold players (maybe ranging to low gold and low plat but averaging out to high gold).

Lol he says the only reason forums hate him is because they’re mad at losing

8 Likes

Samito sounds like a guy struggling to be relevant but not sure how to do it. And I don’t even know the guy.

Seems like a very easy way to get misleading results especially if they didn’t do it with a lot of accounts, I’ll treat it as any other anecdote I guess.

I like how he brings up throwing and how that is reportable as opposed to smurfing and fails to mention how a smurf gets to a lower rank

1 Like

I guess we know what will be the next parroted phrase.

Congratulations, you have the mentality required to kill a game.

1 Like

Don’t give this twonk the clicks, the only reason he farts out this trash level content is to bait you. He is proof incarnate that being good at a video game in no way makes you smart.

8 Likes

High ranks are not worth the frustation.
Smurfing is one of the only few ways to still have fun with this game.

too many people equate alt accounts with smurfs. If a high rated player places say plat then you have to look at why. If they threw that’s reportable as he said if they didn’t then the system is at fault not the player.

Can people fill me on what this guy did? His ending statement on the forums REEKS of passive aggressiveness, like you guys really hurt him or something.

2 Likes

The only difference between a plat Moira and a gm moira is how many throwers or ball players you get in your matches

2 Likes

To be fair, Jeff has said this exact same thing. I don’t know Samito or if this what he does, but I do agree with the general statement.

In fact, there used to be a system for getting rid of smurfs more quickly, but people on these forums complained about it so much they removed it. It was the streaking system that when you got a lot of consecutive wins, it would try to quickly move you up rank. By asking to have this removed, the forums asked for smurfs.