NA East Servers

There seems to be a problem with the NA East servers, as I can’t connect to a game with less than 90 ping when it was usually 40 or so before this update.

10 Likes

Blizzard randomly shut down the East Coast servers yesterday. This has happened in the past on patch days but the servers normally come back in the evening.

That is currently not the case (it’s been over 24 hours as of this writing) and is an incredibly disappointing move by Blizzard if this is a permanent decision not to have geographical server diversity. Meanwhile, other developers like Valve are introducing evolution like sub-tick rates into their top esports game.

Not to mention this impacted latency is going to continue alienating and driving gamers away. No one wants to play competitive games with high latency.

4 Likes

There are other servers that they employ from time to time, but the only two US servers listed on the connection troubleshooting page at this time are Chicago and Los Angeles (see below). They haven’t specified if they activate the others during heavy traffic, when another Blizzard title has a big patch, or something else entirely. No announcement happened about adding additional permanent servers, so I would not count on them being available on a steady basis.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten a game in more than a half hour. Eternal queues.

yeah, I’m getting the same thing, going from 30-40 to 70-80. I really dont feel like playing the game at that high of a ping. While it is still a playable game, it tamps down on the enjoyment of the game.

4 Likes

it’s like these Californian developers only care about themselves. while they get to enjoy the game with low ping im forced to play on 70-80 cuz it forces me to connect to the central server when i used to get 30 on the washington dc server.

1 Like

they think 60+ ping is playable lmaoooo

4 Likes

Yes, the same thing happened when Season 3 launched (you can find threads about it here) and back then it took like a week for the servers to come back.

Hoping they do come back, this 100ms ping experience is terrible.

3 Likes

Forgot about this reply from the staff back in March. It does sound like they are indeed temporary.

i consider any server outside washington as unplayable, they all have the advantage over me since most people live by the servers, and i live in Miami,FL, i dont have fast internet so, for the server to not be near my side, just feels unplayable and feels bad when i walk past a corner and die because someone else has a 20 ms ping over my 80

1 Like

Wait there is no permanent east coast server? That explains a lot lmao. Playerbase has dwindled a lot so I’m guessing the east coast servers are getting rarer. Perhaps its time to quit OW2 if AAA company can’t be bothered to have functional servers for all of NA.

1 Like

I don’t work at Blizz, but they didn’t announce a permanent one, so I was making a guess about the situation.

bump because this is a huge issue that blizzard apparently thinks will just go away if they don’t talk about it.

3 Likes

id pay blizzard to put the east coast server back up at this point.

living in the south-east is a nightmare to play this liberal a55 game.

1 Like

bump because this is a huge issue that blizzard apparently thinks will just go away if they don’t talk about it.

Right? Another bad byproduct of Blizzard yanking the east coast servers is that I now get queued more often into west coast servers (even though I solidly live on the east coast). Sigh.

2 Likes

Small Indie Company!

2 Likes

BUMP cause we can’t get a response

2 Likes

Getting hitregs on large objects/turrets now with 40-50 latency and 20-25 ind. You need to admit that along with the rest of the jacked-up bugs from this patch you screwed up the servers. Customs are working fine with hit registration, so this is a server latency issue OR you’re controlling hit registration which is bs, but in the patents so it makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.