My take on PTR changes

I’ll keep this as short as possible but there’s a lot to take in.

Blizz is attempting to break double barrier by creating extremely large windows in which Orisa and Sigma will be exposed.
-1 additional second to Orisa’s barrier CD
-1 sec CD on barrier redeployment
-Slower Recharge on Sigma’s barrier

However at the same time they are nerfing the heros that do best against it. Seems backwards but I think it’s being done to address complaints and also to encourage people to try other heros.

On that Note they are buffed Hog in two ways. They increased his damage output by giving him his old 6 clip scrap gun (more barrier break) but more importantly Hog can more reliably Hook Sigma. With his delay on his barrier and Kinetic Grasp not blocking it Hog will have very clear windows to grab him. What takes the cake is Sigma has to play inside that 20M range to be effective.

Next big addition is that they are trying to buff Dive.
-Winston Barrier Buff
-D.Va got a resource buff to her DM
-Tracer has been given a 3M range increase (although due to her bloom it’s hard to say how much this will do)
-Moira’s grasp heals her 10HP less making her easier to duel and dive
-Lucio has more speed for his team

So pretty much they are nerfing Double Barrier hard and trying to replace it with Dive again. The Lucio buffs may also help Rein Deathball.

Overall I think it’s a step in the right direction (although they prob over nerfed the barrier tanks to the point that they can’t be used with anything but each other). I also don’t agree with the Doom and Symm nerfs. They are being used against double barrier, once that meta dies they will go back to being poor pick choices but even worse because they will retain the nerfs for being good against what they are meant to counter.

1 Like

The shift in meta would have balanced Doom right back out. I feel like he’s going to feel underwhelming with the shift.

That’s the issue. They are breaking double barrier (and the tanks who make it up) which removes the reason to pick Doom and Symm. Especially Symm.

They nerfed her turret damage too. I just don’t understand it.