My Support Patch Idea

These are my current ideas around supports. What do you guys think?

Ana

• No Changes

Lucio

• No changes

Zenyatta

• discord nerf reverted

Mercy

• 60 HPS
  • Valkyrie duration reduced by 3 seconds.

Brigitte

• 90 total healing over 2 seconds, down from 110 on Repair Pack. (45 hps instead of 55)
  • +50-100 shield health
  • +25 bash damage

Moira

• damage orb now disappears on death
  • damage orb now has a 1 second delay before dealing damage
  • coalescence charge rate increased by 10%

Baptiste

• damage nerf reverted
20 Likes

Edit: 45 hps through 2 secs = total 90 heals.
Oh, sorry, now I see it.

As in 90 total. So it’s hps of 45 instead of 55. I will reword it.

1 Like

I actually like…all of these. None make a hero OP, you make Moira way less annoying, you powershift Brig in a healthy way, and tbh I think Ana would still be #1 support in a lot of comps/at the higher ranks which is arguably a good thing.

But all other supports would be viable in their own way and own comps. It could literally be the golden age of supports.

Nice!

8 Likes

50 - 100 = -50
Why negative 50 shield hp :sob:
Joke because math

16 Likes

How about activating Valkyrie no longer breaks beam connection?

10 Likes

Haha thanks. That was literally all my goals with these changes

Her healing isn’t a problem. It’s already been nerfed and doesn’t need any more changes.

This is nice but isn’t worth the healing compensation nerf.

This accomplishes nothing. Her combo is exactly the same, it just allows shield bash to be used to finish low health targets (which could just be done with a melee instead).

3 Likes

That doesn’t help her viability at all but it’d be a nice QOL change I guess.

5 Likes

Brigitte’s healing is absolutely a problem. Repair Pack shouldn’t be giving out armor and have healing on par with a Mercy beam. It adds too much sustain to her teams

This takes a little healing power out to bring her in line with other healers but gives her some of her shield power back.

3 Likes

Is a compensation nerf really necessary though? As of now, the only problem with Mercy is her healing output. Valkyrie, as it’s current iteration and job, is fine.

5 Likes

Ana and lucio need small nerfs, zenyatta ok, mercy yeah ok not exactly what I wan’t but i’ll take it, I don’t like these Brigitte changes at all - The only way i’d accept less healing on repair pack is if we got a lower cooldown along with it, moira ult cost increase is good but others are not needed, bap buff is cool ig.

And those changes are required why exactly?
If you want to nerf Moira, you have to buff her in other areas.
You literally nerf Moira and leave Ana unchanged.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think it is because it returns a lot of power to her in terms of synergies. The 10 hps buff in my mind isn’t really about healing output at all, its more about allowing her to fulfill the job of a main healer and getting the power boost that comes with that.

That’s tru.

Idk, I just feel iffy about nerfing an ability that’s fine - even if it’s just too balance out the hero as a whole. :man_shrugging:t5:

Terrible. Anti heal needs to go at a bare minimum

Also terrible. His self heal needs to go down to 10/s

Give him 2 or 3 heal orbs instead

I am OK with this

Yes and also Allow whipshot to bypass barriers

All the no. A flanker dumb enough to jump Moira with an orb up deserves to eat it.

Also heal nerf reverted

lol no, anti has been in the game since near-launch and is not a problem. Ana is fine, other supports are just bad (aka Mercy mainly)

you’re insane

are you trolling?

ok trolling

trolling x2

4 Likes

Yeah, but I think balacing a hero as a whole by paying attention to their place in the game is important. And of all her abilities, I feel like Valkyrie is the one that both can most afford to lose power and feels the most off. It’s one of the longest running ults in the game, after all.

1 Like

At this point, I only think Ana needs a nerf if the developers intend on keeping Mercy the way she is. Most of us are optimistic though and are hoping for Mercy to get buffed so Ana doesn’t need to be nerfed.

4 Likes

Personally I would rather take a self healing buff for brig but the shield buff is fine too