My Support Patch Idea

Honestly, I’m glad it’s 30% now, largely due to the pressure of being aware of Discord both as a friendly and hostile player. If Zen gets anything, I’d like it to be a more simple self-buff, since I think his supporting features are pretty solid.

I’d like to see Valk changed to heal the initial target for 80, and the rest for 60, with the same duration reduction you’re suggesting.

And if we go further, Valk increasing the range of resurrect by 5 yards.

With Moira’s and Baptiste’s healing nerfs, I am against her getting 60 HPS baseline.

No way. I don’t want tank Brigitte back.

Her current support role is a lot more fun to me, and I think it’s more balanced. I also don’t see the direct purpose of +25 damage to shield bash.

These are more interesting. Having damage orbs disappear on death seems heavy; I’d rather just have her orbs degenerate at a slow rate after she dies, but that’s IF she needs a nerf…which I’m not in agreement on.

Your third point makes this a trade, and I believe rightfully so. I do think you just threw out a random buff though, which makes me think you just dislike Moira (other 2 points included.)

If we made her orbs degenerate after death, I’d like to see a different buff. What kind? Something that keeps the idea going…like increased regeneration.

Degeneration = punishes dying.
Regeneration = rewards living.

TL;DR for Moira

• Orbs degenerate at 15 H/DPS after Moira dies.
  • Moira passive energy regeneration increased from 4.32 to 5.50 (or something.)

Numbers are - as always - subject to change.

Are we talking the recovery time on shots? Unsure how I feel about this, but am not 100% against it since his healing was also nerfed.

Moira and Bap’s primary fires are both AoE, they can multitask, deal damage, AND they have cooldown abilities to increase their healing output. In GM, Moira outputs 8k damage on average and 5k more healing than Mercy in a match. Mercy does 5k less healing and 0 damage.

Mercy is singletarget, she can’t multitask, and she has zero damage output.

Yeah, Mercy doesn’t have to reload, but Bap has tons of ammo (and its separate from his damage ammo) and Moira has gotten 3 resource meter and HoT buffs, AND when they are out of “primary fire healing” they have healing cooldown abilities.

Mercy needs 60 HPS to be a main healer. If you don’t want her to be a main healer that’s fine, but then they need to buff her damage boost and make Valk a more defensive ultimate.

4 Likes

While it’s probably not perfect I think these changes would definitely improve the game.

Mercy’s ult is bad. 10 extra health per second isn’t enough to warrant nerfing Valkyrie. She’ll most likely still be a ‘meh’ pick, even with these changes.

Bash is best used for cancelling key abilities, not doing damage. I’d be fine with the +25 damage, but that doesn’t warrant the repair pack nerf.

I don’t care about orbs leaving on death, but there’s no reason to add a 1 second delay. Her ultimate already charges fast enough (a little too fast, if you ask me). Just a nerf to a hero who only thrives against bad players.

Overall, your changes are good for specific ranks. Meta game in higher ranks wouldn’t change (except baptiste, but they’d have to ban 2 other supports), because nothing can compete with Ana/Lucio. Nice idea, but think of the whole game instead of only a portion of it

60 hps puts Mercy at main healer state, allowing her to be paired with Zenyatta instead of competiting against him. This change, alongside the discord change, massively strengthens dive comps as they will now have the same tools available to them as Orisa and Rein comps. A main healer that can keep up the tanks, utility that greatly enhances their aggression, and a defensive ult. Currently to run Mercy they must sacrifice a defensive ult, putting them at a massive disadvantage to other comp styles. Or they can run two off healers and not have anyone to keep up the tanks and enable tank aggression. Both of these are tradeoffs the other comps simply do not have to make and dive suffers for it.

Moira’s changes make her less oppressive to lower tiers while rewarding skillful players.

1 Like

Can you merge this with a tank patch idea? Tanks are more worse than supports right now.

Mercy’s healing beam lasts infinitely, Brigitte’s is limited to 2 seconds with a 6 second cooldown…

She also only gives a maximum of 50 temporary armour.

In total it puts her healing on par with the main healers while also having additional damage mitigation that they don’t in the form or armor. Which actually puts the sustain she offers at higher a couple of them. On top of that she gets a defensive ult.

It’s too much. She needs a powershift to be more in line with the other off- healers. She should heal more than them because her defensive ult is worse than theirs, but the difference is extreme and it’s not healthy.

1 Like

I would like to see how experimental shakes out before touching tanks. I suspect it will bring them in line with each other and the main thing about their viability will be their healer pairings.

1 Like

Nah she’d be a lot stronger. Plus buffing her healing would buff her ult gain to be as fast as Moira and Ana so her ult would be fine being shorter because she’d have it up more often.

Her ult isn’t bad at all.

2 Likes

PLEASE

2 Likes

Not ok with the two last moira changes and definitly not ok with bap’s nerf, he’s actually well balanced leave him alone. The only one who needs some changes here is ana.

What if we replaced all healer ults with Mass Rez?

Bap didn’t get a nerf, he got a buff. He’s statistically trash tier, and definitely needs a buff.

Ana doesn’t need a nerf. Mercy and Bap needs buff. If you brought the main healers down to Mercy’s level, healing tanks just wouldn’t be a thing anymore. And that would feel awful for both tanks and supports. The last thing we need is higher dps queue times because of people acting as if every single heal increase is exactly the same.

1 Like

Exactly. Rein/main tank players already DREAD having a Mercy on their team main healing, imagine how horrible tanking would be if EVERY main healer was as bad as Mercy at healing…

the Q times are already bad enough…

1 Like

Sorry about the bap one I misunderstood it, but he’s a support, I think a buff to his healing would be better than a buff to his damage. I don’t think a hero such as ana doesn’t need a nerf, she either needs a hero to compete with her overloaded kit or some changes to her kit. Not a nerf to her healing but to her healing nade or anti nade, or even a change a rework to one of her abilities (main ana btw).
I really think the buffs to mercy and bap would be very welcomed, but I think the reason mercy’s healing won’t get buffed is because of pharmercy, mercho, mercashe, mcmercy etc… Which is sad.

1 Like

this is a good change it would help her more in the mid fight and stop the inflation of her healing numbers being created by valkyrie’s chain healing due to the duration decrease.

But for real. Another developer support update is well overdue

2 Likes

You’re brave speaking about Moira nerfs around here :smiley: Im agree on all just don’t really get the mercy one :s

The Mercy one is allow her to keep up tanks. You see Mercy’s healing is currently too low to run her as a main healer. The result she has to be run as an off healer. The problem with that is she doesn’t have a defensive ult. So if the enemy has a defense ult to counter enemy ultimates and yours doesn’t, your team is gonna have a pretty hard time.

If Mercy had just 10 more hps, she could be run with Zenyatta, instead of competiting against him.

So then dive has a main healer + defensive ult just like every other tank comp.

Since she get a lot of synergy power, she needs a nerf to compensate. And Valkyrie is the longest ult in the game, and would be getting charged faster anyway. So it seems like a good nerf for compensation.

2 Likes

this is the best suggestion for moira i’ve seen yet. it gives you a time to react to her orb and also prevents her from killing you when she’s already dead.
well done! other changes are pretty great too.

1 Like