Hey, this is my first post but I have been trying for a while now but no matter what I do my sound wont turn on. I have tried other games and applications and it works but for some reason it doesn’t work on overwatch. Yes my volume in the in-game settings are all the way up and, I have put the output for my headphones. Am I the only one?
Can you add your DxDiag here? Maybe we can spot the issue.
Instructions in the pinned thread here:
No, it will not let me. It says it will not allow me to send a link as a reply, and when I tried to email it it sent me about 4 error notifications.
Here are some instructions for including it in your reply:
- Open the text file and copy all of the text.
- Paste the text in your reply.
- Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
If your DxDiag does not fit in one message post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.
I don’t work at Blizzard, so I’m not sure where you tried to email the DxDiag.
the numbers are c4wmJM7P
Make sure Overwatch isn’t muted in the volume sound mixer:
- Open Overwatch.
- Right-click the speaker icon in your Windows bar (bottom right corner) and choose Open volume mixer.
- Look for Overwatch’s sound level – make sure it isn’t zero.
Also, are you using Nahimic or Sonic Studio? If so, you may need to update them.
Wow I feel stupid. thanks for wasting your time to help me!
It’s okay, thanks for reporting back, as that solution might help someone else.