My sound doesn't work

Hey, this is my first post but I have been trying for a while now but no matter what I do my sound wont turn on. I have tried other games and applications and it works but for some reason it doesn’t work on overwatch. Yes my volume in the in-game settings are all the way up and, I have put the output for my headphones. Am I the only one?

Can you add your DxDiag here? Maybe we can spot the issue.

Instructions in the pinned thread here:

No, it will not let me. It says it will not allow me to send a link as a reply, and when I tried to email it it sent me about 4 error notifications.

Here are some instructions for including it in your reply:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

I don’t work at Blizzard, so I’m not sure where you tried to email the DxDiag.

the numbers are c4wmJM7P

Make sure Overwatch isn’t muted in the volume sound mixer:

1. Open Overwatch.
  2. Right-click the speaker icon in your Windows bar (bottom right corner) and choose Open volume mixer.
  3. Look for Overwatch’s sound level – make sure it isn’t zero.

Also, are you using Nahimic or Sonic Studio? If so, you may need to update them.

Wow I feel stupid. thanks for wasting your time to help me!

It’s okay, thanks for reporting back, as that solution might help someone else.

Overwatch bug that I noticed around february or march 2022: there are never sounds in game when enemies use their ultimate abilities nor enemy ability and footstep sounds when enemies are nearby.

This post is 2yrs old. If you’re experiencing something you believe to be a bug, please use the #bug-report forum to report it, not tech support.