My opinion on mercy changed a little

Hope you can land dem sleep darts reliably. Otherwise you’ll get farmed on Ana in a dive scenario.

1 Like

I agree…

I think Mercy is a cute pick for setting up a Bastion-centric comp with the guaranteed Batiste-Rez, but I think that the reality will be that she just can’t keep up with the amount of damage that will be going out, and the niche simply isn’t enough to get rid of GOATS in pro play. And I think people are forgetting one particular hero that completely pubstomps them, Sombra.

Baptiste, Bastion and Mercy? Respond with Sombra as their DPS, who counters all three easily with an EMP, and continue running GOATS as if nothing ever happened.

Perhaps I’m wrong, and I hope I am. Otherwise, I expect Ana to be the actual choice pick in pro play or Moira. Both of which can handle themselves a lot better against Sombra than Mercy could. Playing immortality field into the enemy team followed by a Nanoboost may also be a pretty strong strategy for 2CP over damage boost or Rez, and the faster tick rate of Moira’s orb through matrix allows her to burst heal a lot faster on AOE than Mercy could by switching between team mates.

Mercy could have really benefited with having more than one slow rez I feel, since even with it’s cast time + immortality it would still be incredibly easy to cancel, especially with the new boop changes. Her beam only gets benefit from Baptiste when damage boosting, both of which still pales in comparison to a nade, IMO. The two just don’t really pair all that well, and I think Bap would get more value with a different support that can utilize more of his kit.

I suppose in ladder something like that will be common, but we’ll see how it pans out and what the pros decide to play in OWL. Personally, I’d be surprised if people decide to run a Baptiste/Mercy duo and not just another variant of GOATS after these changes, but it’s anyone’s guess.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

I mean, you can’t say with 100% certainty that Ana won’t still be better than Mercy when Goats is dead. Let’s just wait and see what happens.

2 Likes

I wasn’t saying Mercy will be 100% better than Ana when GOATS is dead, I was speaking in general terms of who is the better support in DPS comps, which Mercy is by far.

1 Like

What rank and region, OP?

It’s awesome that people are starting to see for themselves what Mercy is rather than taking the word of the anti-Mercy faction

1 Like

The big thing to remember is Mercy doesn’t have to be the best healer in the game, after all most teams have at least two support if not 3. So long as she’s in the 3-4 she will get picked decently. Given all the nerfs flying around these days at Brig, Lucio and such her competition is dwindling.

Right now in terms of good healers it seems to be Ana and Zen are almost always picked, with Moira and Mercy not far behind based on the situation. Lucio and Brig are kind of the dog house outside of Goats.

Though the new healer Bap might just push Mercy more. I mean she does 50hps to one target, he heals for 60hp per shot and can fire more than one round a second…

Frankly Mercy needs more healing, but people hated her when she did 60hps. My only idea is she needs healing in a way that’s not a direct heal. A thought I had a long time ago was perhaps let her heal/boost any ally that walks through her beam?

Perhaps a reduced 20 or 30hps heal for targets touching the beam, but not the target? It would be funny seeing Mercy Lock onto the tank and then fly around her team to drag the healing beam through them like a game of jump rope.

Hey, intelligence.
Not bad

4-1-1 has been used in contenders, Mercy solo heals it perfectly fine.
Mercy is a main healer, just not in the current tank heavy meta

4 Likes

Well at least Ana can help snipe the Pharah out of the sky where Mercy can’t. Because we all know your dps ain’t doing it hehe.

Mercy is 100% a Main Healer and don’t let anyone tell you different.

2 Likes

I really just wish papa jeff would try 55 hps

Whether or not a dps meta emerges is essentially contingent on Mercy (and maybe Baptiste) being good enough to support it.

She’s definitely not garbage, and she’s definitely a main healer, but she needs a tad more healing to properly sustain such a comp.

I’m glad to see a positive post looking at Mercy!

She’s far from garbage, and as many have pointed out, is even being used at the highest tiers to solo sustain a 4-1-1 comp.

1 Like

Yeah Mercy is just SupportModel_1.
That’s all she should be. Leave being the top tier to the higher skill supports like Ana, Zen and Baptiste. Maybe Lucio at his highest level of play if he’s still viable.

eh, she still needs changes though… like say, these ones.

I’ve killed Pharah as Mercy main, many times, and my aim isn’t particularly good

1 Like

True tho. It’s especially easy in Valk, but even when not in Valk, I can use superjump to get up in the air and shoot the Pharah down. They never expect it, lol.

Same with widows…the key to the kill seems to be as you say that they cant believe a Mercy is killing them

Sounds like we need have the nerf hammers brought out again because that is what we do here at OW with heroes that are “fine” we make them even more fine. :rofl:

1 Like