My Mercy rework!

Will you enjoy this Mercy rework?

We give her two-ults Valk/Rez with some adjustements of course.

Ult-one Rez: Ult will work exactly as before you can REZ 5 people, this time the revived targets can start take damage instantly with zero god-frames, Mercy will sacrifice her own life using this ultimate.

Ult-Two Valk: Mercy can fly for 9 seconds mixing her two-beams at same time HEAL/POWER.

Nerfs:

A) Guardian-angel will have a 3 seconds cooldown and you can’t reset/reduce the cooldown. Guardan-angel max range will be reduced to 20 meters, valk no longer will increase the range of this ability. Guardian-angel speed will be reduced 20 to 15 meters per second.

B) Her ultimate gain ratio will be reduced 10%

C) Her healing per second will be reduced to 50 instead of 60

D) Regeneration will be reduced 20 to 15.

With this rework mercy will be FUN again but with some sacrifices, in addition her counters will be able to punish her increasing guardian angel cooldown, also the character will be a lot harder to play correctly.

Hate to say it, but this alone makes it useless. Many people forget that the state Mercy was in prior to her rework was her just barely surviving, she had just gotten out of F-tier, her pickrate skyrocketing solely because of the SR exploit.

You gotta understand that when running Mercy, she is most likely your main healer, so to rez a team and be dead is pretty useless. Given that 5 man rezzes were exceedingly rare so rezzing any less than say 4 is a waste of time, but even then 4-mans were highly uncommon. This just screams a hide and rez playstyle.

I’d like to remind you that when Mercy wasn’t completely invulnerable she was a troll pick, given that a dead Mercy, even if she got her rez off, was a useless one. Imagine how bad she’d be now if she was guaranteed dead.

4 Likes

An interesting set of suggestions and thanks for posting. Unfortunately I’m on the fence with your suggestions.

Does Guardian Angel’s cooldown nerf also happen outside of Valkyrie or is this specific to if you use Valkyrie? If it’s three seconds all round then that will suck as Mercy’s main defense is her mobility while other healers can generally use a weapon to defend themselves. Mercy can’t easily get her pistol out without possibly sacrificing a teammate in the process.

Mercy sacrificing her own life for resurrect while teammates could die in the cast time also makes me feel that it’s rather useless. It also doesn’t address the original problem of hide and res (which could be addressed by adding a short LOS delay condition like McCree’s high noon).

Mercy’s healing rate being nerfed back to 50 HP/sec makes me wonder if she’ll become a troll pick, I don’t know for sure though.

Overall it sounds to me like these suggestions, while they should make her somewhat more fun and exciting again, could also make her underwhelming in terms of balance.

Mercy sacrificing herself for rez would only encourage to rez 4-5 people and not less since it would be way to much gambling. I had games where I solo rezed a Reinhardt because he was super important to the team. With your ult nobody would do that and always wait for big rez.
Having 2 ults doesnt seem that good since rez will always be the better one anyway. But overall putting rez as her ultimate would be a good change.

Frankly Rez needs removed from the game… not restored.