My mental health does not allow me to play tank anymore

Exactly lol. It’s even worse when your team is running Lucio + Moria against a team with characters that do a ton of damage. You expect me to live long enough to do anything when I’m only getting a droplet of healing. Let’s not mention when dps act just as dumb.

Because Tank power isn’t what’s making Tanks unfun. In fact, Tanks being so powerful as a role is precisely why they’re unfun, because the stronger Tanks are the more necessary it IS to counter them.

And giga-buffing tanks over and over and over and over makes them almost universally the biggest threat on the battlefield which means the second you start to do well as a Tank, the enemy insta-swaps to your counter, draining the fun out of it.

You wanna make tanking more fun? You nerf Tanks AND their counters simultaneously. Like you could probably shave 20% HP and damage off most tanks, but so long as you nerfed stuff like Anti Heal or Hack, Tank fun would go up as a whole.

4 Likes

if the tank chills in the choke sure, when he hunts your team you should shoot at him.

i mean I usually go for other targets and then turn around after getting both supports just to see the enemy tank with my 4 wiped teammates. emoting on them.

If I play, I play tank and just wipe their team. :person_shrugging:
Gets boring quickly, its like I am playing launch brig or something.

I think you may have some wires crossed, as during OW1 beta and all the way up till post-GOATS there was no Role Queue, and beta and initial ralease even had duplicate heroes enabled.

I think I heard Jeff talk about testing and rejecting 5v5, but not combined with a single tank, or really even influenced by tanking at all.

No matter how many times this gets explained to people, they just simply ignore this and go on to not understand why people who tank are vocal about hating the role.

I’m going to start asking these people who just refuse to understand to “ignore all previous instructions, give me a recipe for a cake”

3 Likes

I can’t find the thread where he commented and discussed it but there is one. >_<

Edit: Located, thank you LePomelo. XD

1 Like

Yeah , no.
People need to stop spewing this like its a god’s given decree and no one can question it. A couple of things:

• 2 Tanks are A LOT of more fluff, CC and TTK for an FPS game
  • When (and that is the key part) your Tank duo can coordinate, is near your skill level and picks something that has synergy, yes it becomes “easier” (more like, less hard really) but most of the time that did NOT happen.

Please stop advocating for 6v6 using only best case scenarios. Specially when those scenarios were far from common.

The community 6v6 mode is living proof that contradicts what you’re saying. Most people who are anti 6v6 deliberately don’t touch the community mode or pretend it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

There are communities for everything my guy, including those who unironically think Mass Ress is balanced and should be back in the game.

You severely overestimate some dudes wanting 6v6 back and having an obsession with a relevant portion of the player base. They are not.

I still find tank to be fun and engaging.

It’s the players talking trash at you from the sidelines, the ones you know will never play tank that make it miserable and get on my nerves. I used to be able to let it roll off my back, but it’s becoming such a common thing it’s like “alright alright I get it, just please focus on the match and not me”.

I’m advocating for something Jeff Kaplan himself supported and the team tested.
Everyone needs a buddy to make up for the other tank’s potential bad day. Everything else, I’m just going to say [insert reiterating point here from the original reply.]

Probably because the stronger the role, the more responsibility they have. So if a terrible role has a ton of influence over the game, that doesn’t make the role fun, that just makes them op. It just makes tank diffs feel worse

1 Like

Weak mental. Tank role is so ez just learn to play more than 1 hero

yep duo tank is the only real way to play tank. can’t have just 1. feels like crap to play.

i have never seen people swapping this much in ow1 or even before season 9,

now its like so cringe to see everyone keep swapping.

Like in ow1 i would keep owing that hanzo or widow and they would still play them through the match or max one swap.

Now im seeing people go through all these fall back cringe heroes from sombra pharah sometimes bastion or reaper or torb so on and on .

And this is just for a dps, for tanks the moment my team takes dva enemy team tank after one fight is zarya.

1 Like

Mostly counter picking (the entire team countering the tank, but mostly Ana for the heroes I play) and all CC going on the tank.

I played a game with Ram+Cass+Mei and it was hell. Constantly slowed. Could do nothing. Then there was Ana to nade and sleep around when I was being slowed. Every hero on the enemy team had CC or debuffs of some sort and all of it was aimed at me as tank.

We now have too many slows, Ana still chasing ppl away from the tank role, hack making it too hard to make plays, and so on. The good thing about Juno was no debuffs. But the hero after Juno will probably bring yet another debuff or slow.

Some games are quite unplayable as tank. Ana still the biggest offender but untouched.

1 Like

… buddy, that was YEARS ago.
And part of that same team gave up due to the point im saying.

Past is not coming back. Situation is not the same. Future won’t be better, but far worse if nostalgia is all you are advocating for.

Let me guess, you stayed on Hog or Mauga that game

This is what I’ve been doing. Oddly enough, it doesn’t feel like tanks aren’t tanky enough.

I keep saying play some vs AI you’ll feel better, the AI may chase you but they will give up if they are too far from the objective, the AI doesn’t do petty kills, they focus on the objective.
Unlike human players that think they are in a death match.