My friend, a Widow main, quit OW last night

@Veluna yours is precisely the type of “complain until nerf rather than adapt or counter” attitude that has ruined the game. All those mechanics you complained about were in the game at the same time where most people looking back would say the game was at it’s best and most fun.

The whiners have gotten and continue to get most of the things they campaign for and as a result we have a roster of gimped heroes that aren’t allowed to be as fun as they could be to play. Long time players are rewarded with less fun and less of the things they loved about the game and so are quitting in droves. The complainers didn’t know how good we had it at certain points in OW1 and now look at the game.

4 Likes

Which is amusing as I love to counter pick the hell out of people. I’ll gleefully CP Sombra into ball or brig the moment I see him. Immediately abused a sym/junkrat team go Pharah as Ill have blast not being countered all game.

A widow maker in play. Sure I’ll counter widow via mercy and reverse all your long range picks to nothingness unless you work extra hard for it.

1shot is fun for the widow, not much fun for anyone else so no one really gives widow players much sympathy.

Blizzard keeps giving me what I want which is why I’m here still after 6yrs. There are some concessions but since I don’t 1trick one hero I can adapt and play some new hero or style as times change.

Adapt to the whiners I guess or counter back. I’m here for the flex player dream and rock paper scissors this game.

I gonna have to heart your post because your troll broke all limits of cringe and made me giggle.

2 Likes

So are supports, but this community has been gaslit into thinking that’s fine when it’s objectively not.

1 Like

They really should nerf Rein hardt’s one shot. The charge magnetism on Symmetra’s big hurtbox is annoying.

1 Like

It’s quite literally a copypasta.

3 Likes

Am I your friend? You basically described me (minus the merch) right when the range patch for her dropped. ‘F*** this game’ was my reaction - uninstalled right away.

I still come back from time to time to see if they backtracked.

1 Like

“Sorry we yanked the engine out of your truck and slashed the tires. Here are some bumper stickers you can buy from us!”
:joy:

Man, DON’T YOU GET IT?? I HATE IT when someone with better aim and decision-making beats me! I should have the right to walk around with a bottomless health gauge while the enemy team cowers in fear!

You remember Arby ‘n’ the Chief? People who hate snipers should revisit that.

2 Likes

Seems to be common that people misspell ‘Ana’ around here.

I’m a big fan of Widow people either they stay in my team or opponent team. Especially when 2 Widow have a duel during match, those bullet tracers that keep cross flying each side are so beautiful and excite up the match for me. Make me mad seeing Blizzard destroy her like this :cry:

Personally I find Widow to be more stationary than Hanzo which makes her easier to kill for me.

Well, you kinda need to be very very good at widow to get consistent value now. Widow should get her 200hp back, and also a bit less spread on her smg. Widow is a very easy target to dive without mercy pocket.

You can be a sniper without being able to one shot kill

1 Like

widow is the least optimal pick in almost every situation. sustained damage is king, and hanzo does everything she does better with more mobility and better utility.

The OW playerbase just refuses to accept that snipers are a part of shooters and kicked and screamed until they nerfed her into obscurity.

Widow is not good in any way shape or form right now, and if you honestly believe that it says alot about you as a player.

2 Likes

This attitude is why Overwatch is the worst reviewed game of all time on steam.

“lol dont care adapt or leave” Is such a bad take, because the same should have been said to you.

There is still a good amount of widow on the t500 leaderboard, just ppl have to be real strong widow players now since the hero is weaker. Still a strong pick especially on certain maps. But just like tracer, the average player wont be good on the hero, and is better off playing something else. And that is okay.

1 Like

top 500 doesnt say anything about the balance of the game. if only the top 500 players can make it work then the character is weak. Its funny yall want things nerfed around normal play, but the second they become bad in normal play “oh top 500 can do it”

thats just arguing in a circle and refusing to accept that you can be wrong.

I think you are trying to group different people together. Imo the game should be balanced for gm or higher. Not just t500 tho. I hate playing against a good widow, but I also wont deny the hero is still strong with the right conditions, and it shows at high lvls of play.

fair enough. Im just speaking from how i see most forum users act

2 Likes

Widowmaker is often the most popular hero in the game even more than tracer at many points which is the other top contender, worth like 3.5x rein in terms of popularity.

If you make Widow suck to play you’re basically killing OW2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glk_R0ML3Co

You’d be better off deleting Rein than Widow.