My FPS cap keeps changing

My Overwatch FPS cap switches between the set cap and 65 fps. It does this even after a complete reinstall of overwatch, resetting my nvidia settings, or doing any of the other things people normally list. It happens randomly in training range or in game. It doesn’t even feel like 65 FPS, my input lag gets worse whenever it is capped at 65 FPS. I even tried capping my FPS at 60, and it would switch between 60 FPS capped and 65 FPS capped.

1 Like

The same is happening to me. Suddenly since yesterday the game goes at half of the FPS that it should (around 60 when it should go at 144) and it also feels really laggy and choppy.

Have the same issue.

If you have a specific setting for quality/performance in the GPU driver software, it can override the fps cap.

It isn’t that, it is something else. Like I said, I reset my settings in my Nvidia driver. Also the FPS cap isn’t set at 65 the entire time, it keeps switching.

I’m having the same issue.

Did you recently update your drivers to 471.96? This is something a few others said could’ve caused the problem.

Same issue. I get a constant 141 fps with no drops on my 1080ti. I logged on today and I’m around 65ish fps and the game runs like poo obviously. Updating windows and going to try a few other things. I was looking forward to playing on my dayoff (Saturday) so this is frustrating!

1 Like

Let me know if you find a solution, I’m having the same issue.

Using old drivers doesn’t fix. still have 64fps cap.

I know you are using old drivers, but did you ever update to new drivers and even when resetting back to old ones later?

The problem started yesterday when I was already using old drivers. Then I upgraded to 471.96, and same thing. I uninstalled and went back to the old one with the cleaner tool. No change.

1 Like

Which card is everyone using? I’m updated on the latest drivers but not seeing any changes to the cap or performance in-game. Collecting this info could help narrow down the issue. However, since it’s not affecting all cards, it will probably be something nVidia has to remedy.

I have a 1060 6gb, saw people saying they had problem with 30s series as well. I also have T-force ram 4x8gb ram and ryzen 7 1700.

I have the same problem with a 2060 super

Actually there is a second thread where people are also troubleshooting. We should probably continue this thread in there. [Razer Synapse] FPS Won't Go Above 64FPS

EDIT: [Razer Synapse] FPS Won't Go Above 64FPS - #30 by pewburty-11474 This is a link to the solution in the other thread. More specifically, try turning off the linked chroma settings in razer synapse apps.

1 Like

I went to the other thread and found the issue. Close razer software in task tray and my frames immediately shot up. LOL