[Razer Synapse] FPS Won't Go Above 64FPS

Heres my DxDiag

No, just adding in some data from a properly working game to help add context to the problem for troubleshooting. I literally built this PC yesterday, EVERYTHING is fresh. New CPU, memory, motherboard + latest BIOS, NVME drive, a fresh windows installation, brand new Overwatch installation, only the most current video driver has ever been installed.

I am having the exact same issue, just started happening today. 5900x and 3080fe. No clue what is capping it.

1 Like

I played around with my game installation on my system (GTX 1070, i7-Core CPU). I am getting uncapped framerates to the normal expectations of my system. I have tried multiple graphic card drivers and reset my settings in Overwatch along with changing any others that I can.

I simply can’t duplicate the problem you guys are reporting. I am not necessarily saying, “this is not the game’s fault.” However, its more in the ballpark of something with specific system setups not playing nice with Overwatch.

Thank you both for sharing your DxDiag files, the only thing I am finding common is that you both might have the game-performance boosting app Razer Cortex running on your systems. Try turning off any auto-boosts for Razer Cortex and see if that helps.

1 Like

Hi I have years playing OW with 144 FPS after a update part of Nvidia or OW , I have the same problem . when I died my dps go up 144 . but when I return to the game is 60fps and for me now is impossible to play normal , I miss to play OW just my eyes can see how low is 60 fps and I unplayable :(.

Was seeing the same thing and was driving me nuts. Went to my system tray in windows and closed out all razer synapse and then the fps shot right back up to 155fps. something seems to be gross with that (although it seems unlikely everyone is running razer stuff), and it recently did have an update

7 Likes

bro … no way that actually worked for me! no way! thanks so much i had literally tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling OVW

Can say that going to task manager and ending all “razer synapse” programs did indeed fix the problem

WORKS!!! I close all the RAZER SYNAPSE and my FPS are now 140 - 150! I can’t believe all this problem is for razer synapse :rofl:

1 Like

that is why I never update anything if it is stable already

pewburty gave the right answer and it seems to be a fix for everyone!!! I found out what the actual thing in razer synapse is doing though! If you experience the problem go to Connect → Apps → turn off overwatch.exe!

Good to hear that the Razer Synapse causing the issue. Please note, this does disable the Overwatch exclusive color-changing features when the game is running. Its curious because I use Razer products and I am not having these issues, but I don’t think Synapse is fully up to date for me.

I will pass the word on and see if the Overwatch Chrome API needs fixing.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you so much! And there was a Synapse Update as well afair.

2 Likes

One more thing: disabling Chroma Connect (to prevent OW driving colors) is enough. You don’t have to close Synapse.

5 Likes

Pewburty you are a LEGEND THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 Like

LOL this worked. Can’t believe it. Originally troubleshooting I was closing everything the task tray but didn’t closer razer because I thought “no way its from razer”!

Closing Razer Synapse worked for me too. Thanks, everyone!

I have a Razer Viper Ultimate, and a Blackwidow keyboard. It seems I have to choose between my love of pretty colors and FPS. I’ll probably pick FPS :slight_smile:

I wish, wish, WISH I had checked here before spending all evening trying to work out why suddenly I had this weird bug. I tried everything I could think of, stopping only just at deleting and reinstalling Windows :confused:

I got so fed up I ended up playing CoD instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for finding the fix, I’ve disabled Razer Chroma and all’s good now.

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info that has been shared and I’m glad a work around was found. We’ll make sure that it gets passed along to the Overwatch team (if they aren’t aware already).

For those that still want to use Razer Synapse it sounds like disabling the lighting options by going to Connect → Apps → Turn off Overwatch.exe is working.

1 Like

Just FYI, Razer chroma controls also cause microstutters and hitching in Doom 2016. The software is NOT good for gaming performance. I permanently disabled it back when I discovered it was causing the performance drops in Doom and haven’t looked back.

1 Like