My easy fix to the Jesse McCree name problem

Have Matt Mercer isekai into Overwatch and play himself as Jesse McCree.

Could make a funny side story. (or main story)

That way, Jesse McCree can just become “Matt Mercer”

And the Jesse McCree name can fade into the background

And we get some 4th wall jokes from Matt Mercer.

1 Like

Or just rename his first name.

Joel mcree/whatever mcree.

The only iconic part about his name is “mcree” anyway.

That would be a compromise.

2 Likes

I dunno whatcha heard,but my names not joel

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t know what that ref is to.

So I would not try to twist it that way. (Because it could just another ref to the same person.)

I think it’s a reference to the dead actor called Joel mccrea.

Or…

Matt Mercer isekai into Overwatch verse and manifested a STAND that has the likeness of McCree.

What if his real name is something like Eugene Kovać or Ted Smith or something and he was a totally boring kid who reinvented himself and changed his name to something more cool and cowboyish.

Honestly I don’t know what was mention recently or about to be in the Deadlock short story. (because reasons.)

But gonna assume that option has already passed.

Or simply don’t change anything, cause it’s just a name

11 Likes

What is this stuff revolving around McCree’s name? I don’t get it.
Can someone tell me what’s going on?

The name Jesse McCree was also the name of a Blizz dev whos been caught up in the recent allegations for misconduct, so there are people wanting the in game characters name changed

2 Likes

Oh right, ty.
Was the guy named Jesse McCree misogynistic or something?

They found him participating in a group chat with that Afrasiabi guy, you can find the screenshot of it floating around

1 Like

Yeah I saw that and that was shocking.
I quit OW just before the claims of gender bias, so probs best I got out of it sooner rather than later.

Jessie McCree would be a better solution if they were to change it.

1 Like

The easy fix is to build a time machine, go back and not name the character after a scumbag. :yum:

This is my solution to many issues regarding Blizzard these days.

billy bob joel mccree the third

1 Like

Just change his name to Joel McKenzie. There you go :smirk:

1 Like

Have you ever thought that it’s Mcree that get isekai’d to the real world and pose as Matt Mercer? You’ll never know.

You don’t want brigitte lookalike with a golf club in overwatch whacking Mcree straight in the head. Trust Me.

Or maybe we learn something from all this, and don’t name fictional characters after real people, as real people can come with baggage that might be problematic later.

Unfortunate, but something that should be considered going forward.