Mtchmaking is still rigged

Congratulations on making your game double (triple, quadruple…?) price becasue it pisses you off. OWers must the ultimate dupes. ‘Product doesn’t work properly… so I’ll pay multiple price.’ Genius.

I agree. But instead of the casual player getting stomped 90% of the time, 50% ain’t so bad.

Hey, blame Blizzard for developing the rigged matchmaker algorithm, not the person who wants to have pleasant gaming experience.

2 Likes

I know this can be just called some conspiracy theory, but what if either they made it crap to trigger players to pay double, triple, etc… or maybe just discovered through the seasons that it gets them extra money, so they are kinda ‘reluctant to fix it’, and that’s why these ppl are truly dupes being duped?

Even if none that is true, imho it’s like ordering 3 toilets for a condo you live in alone you know. Bit sad.

1 Like

It also doesn’t help that loss steaks cost you more SR compared to win streaks. Had a 7 game win streak and gained like 215 sr and had a 7 game loss streak and lost 305.

2 Likes

Stop here then.

If some normal people like me and you think it would be a terrible business decision, people who have gone through years of expensive college and university learning to make money and whose entire job and livelyhood revolves around trying to make the most money or they’re fired would also realize it’s a stupid decision and they wouldn’t do it.

game forces 50 percent win/lose ratio, meaning if u go over 50 percent winrate expect not only to face harder opponents but dumber teammates.(i think it goes away after diamond along with performance sr).

2 Likes

People are already buying second accounts to reset their MMR (blizzard refuses to do it despite the numerous requests… I wonder why).

2 Likes

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yes. This is a !#;=ing sentence Blizzard.

1 Like

Ok but that’s not a business model.

Companies want to sell more games and make more money yes, but purposefully having your game suck and hoping that somehow it makes you sell more copies is a rather stupid thing to do.

Not to mention how buying new accounts is basically a useless action to actually “Reset your mmr” and does little more than taking a break from the game for a little while would.

By the way, yes, your “MMR certainty” the thing that makes your MMR become a little more stagnant when you’re hardstuck plat for 6 seasons in a row does decay/change over time and as you play. It’s not static.

That’s what rigging is. People aren’t saying “Blizzard intentionally designed the game to make me lose x amount of times in a row!” People are complaining that the method they use to handicap is heavy handed and not well designed, leading to over-corrections (wins/loses in a row).

I don’t know if you noticed this, but people are incompetent and stubborn. Money does not equal quality, especially in America where that money just goes to ‘administrative costs’.

This is why Blizzard needs to wake up out of la la land. They think they are so secret and clever when really what they are doing is creating a toxic environment where everyone is just gaming the system rather than the game.

Re-release the game as a movie. I love this idea.

Rigged, in this sense, just means that yeah, it’s not random, but also they are doing it poorly.

I will add the new definition to the ledger, thank you.

and you’re just trolling anyone who has an issue, regardless of whether it’s valid or not. I assume you’re one of those people who sneer and call people snowflakes.

Look a friend for you Douchess

2 Likes

Guys wtf? I loose 1200rs. Only give idiots my mates. Who change for mm?

2 Likes

Maybe you judged to quick.

Ignore him and play on

No it’s not.
Rigging is intentionally fixing a game to make it either a win or loss for one side

Yes they are. People have been very blatant in their opinion that they are doing that.

They don’t handicap anything.

They think you’re better at the game than you might be so they treat you like exactly as good as they think you are.

It just so happens they’re not always right and people complain when they aren’t.

Okay, but even incompetent and stupid people don’t do something that has literally no inherent benefit to doing.

Money doesn’t equal quality, but it does equal scrutiny and some Corporate big wig is not going to allow some moron to trash their multi-million dollar project and ruin their profits, especially not right after a big loss with the cancellation of the Titan Project.

Yes, they do. That’s why everyone is upset. Because they do it poorly, which is unintentional rigging. Go find that post where they explain what the hidden ranks are, and how they do their best to ‘evenly match’ the teams. That’s what handicapping is.

Handicapping, in sport and games, is the practice of assigning advantage through scoring compensation or other advantage given to different contestants to equalize the chances of winning.

The devs literally use the words “equalize the chances of winning” when they talk about their system.

Then they wouldn’t be incompetent, would they? Your faulty conception of quality, or the assumption that Blizzard is infallible simply because they are a big corporation, is making this difficult for you to process.

1 Like

It’s more like them not putting a highschool basketball team against a collegiate one.

They’re not making one team inherently worse or better, which is what handicapping actually means, they’re trying to find teams that they think would have a fair matchup against eachother instead of just throwing a team that may be wildly better against another one.

Handicapping would be them assigning an extra bot to a team to give them a better chance of winning.

The only handicapping that exists in Overwatch as far as I know is when they are unable to find another evenly matched 6 stack, so they put them against higher tier opponents to make up for it.

And that scenario yes, I would agree they shouldn’t do that. Even though I disagree with it though, they do have reasons they do that.

I don’t think Blizzard is infalliable.

Their system is not always right, it gets things wrong. There are decisions they make that I thoroughly disagree with.

But simply because I don’t like some of their decisions does not mean I should blind myself with hatred toward everything they do and not look at it objectively.

I’m not fooling myself, or having some faulty conception. I understand that Blizzard exists literally only for money.

That’s all they care about. They’ll do anything to make money. They’ll do predatory practices and shove things in lootboxes and do all of that stuff just so they can scrape another penny for their investors.

But sometimes that greed is beneficial for a consumer. Competition in business means that companies who put out the better or cheaper product and satisfy their customers more have a better chance of making more money off of them than companies who don’t. That’s the entire basis of capitalism as a system. And whether you agree it’s the best option or not is irrelevant, as the fact is that is how this works.

If being nice to a customer, or making a good game will make them more profit than doing the alternative, they will do that, without fail. They will also treat their customers like dirt if they can get away with it with more cash in their wallets. But that’s not the case here.

Them making Matchmaking more satisfying for the customer means they are more willing to play the game, buy loot boxes, and recommend it to friends. There is no reason at all they would try to do anything but make it as good as it can. It won’t make them more money to make it worse, it won’t help their PR. So they won’t do it.

They will make very sure every dollar they spend is used to make whatever they’re spending it on more profitable, and in the case of a matchmaking system profitability is directly correlated to quality, so they are, not because of their own desire to make something good, but because of their desire for money, seeking to make it as good as they can make it. They won’t always succeed, but they are trying their best.

My point in the original post was that was while the system may be flawed, there is a reason behind why it is the way that it is, and calling the system rigged or in some way malicious ignores the real problems behind it and prevents one from being able to solve or suggest solutions to those problems.

If you don’t think the matchmaker should try to find equal matches for players because you consider it ‘handicapping’, then argue that point, state your reasoning for those thoughts and why you think it would be better, instead of trying to call Blizzard incompetent or stubborn or evil because of the method they have currently decided to implement matchmaking in.

No, it doesn’t work like that. The matchmaking should try to arrange balanced matches and give you an approximate 50% chance of winning in every game. Instead, it fails to balance the single game and, therefore, has to operate directly on the winning ratio, trying to adjust it if it goes too far from that treshold. That’s why games are total stompfests, that’s why win streaks are followed by loss streaks.

Okay. Have fun with naivety while it lasts. I miss those days myself.

Okay.

If you want to ignore the fact that when I said fail, I clearly did not mean “not succeed” but instead “without doing something else [generally something incorrect]” go ahead.

But at least don’t insult me when you make your half-baked argument that ignores literally everything else I said.

Edit: For reference, here is the definition of “Without fail”

without fail
[without fail]
DEFINITION
absolutely predictably; with no exception.
“he writes every week without fail”

Winrate has zero to do with matchmaking. Absolutely nothing. Its just a number in your stats.

1 Like