Mtchmaking is still rigged

he is right thats MMR and Fair for you.
if u tried it at a lower rank, you would be complaining 2
its been like this for yrs now and the old forums are full of the why and
how to fix it , but they dont care, ranked is pointless . and ppl quit

No. This is not how the game applies the 50/50 win ratio. I wish it was 50% chance on every game. Instead the system pulls you down/pushes you up every time you’re breaking that treshold. You stomp 3 games in a row? Np, enjoy getting stomped for the next 3 games.

1 Like

Doesn’t change my assumption.

I just had someone on my team last night with the gamertag “Roadtobronze”

Before the game started I told my group “we are going to lose cause this tool is throwing”

Sure enough I was right. My report for gameplay sabotage just said “read his gamertag”

2 Likes

This is toxic thinking. For all we know you might have caused your team to tilt before the match even started and it cost you.
Sure, the gamertag was stupid but who knows? It might have been a joke. But you went out there and told your team you were losing the match beforehand.

1 Like

What’s the saying…? “Hell is other people?”

Yeah, clearly, I’m the toxic one, not the guy called “RoadtoBronze” who stood in a corner all game.

1 Like

You have to understand the mentality of this forum:

Player does something to tilt you: your fault for being tilted

You do something to tilt a player: you monster

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the trolls that play this game and get off on making other people angry is amazing. I had a 2 stack playing with our 4 stack a couple nights ago, and they went torb and widow (we had rein, pharah, mercy, hog). Both proceeded to dance at their turret and then have the nerve to call US toxic for asking them not to throw. It’s infuriating.

2 Likes

Have you considered that one of those 6 in-a-row victories might have also been an increased MMR match, but you didn’t notice because you won?

No matter how good you are or what the matchmaker does for you, you’ll get placed on a team with potatoes at some point. Sometimes regularly good players have a bad game. Sometimes the enemy team has amazing synergy.

The game isn’t placing you with garbage teammates on purpose. There’s just no way around it. It always happens eventually. You can’t win every game.

1 Like

“Rigged” is too vague. Competitive Overwatch is toxic because of Match Making Rating, which is a handicapping system. Handicapping is wrong for Competitive Play.

It’s terrible isn’t it. May as well throw

I don’t think it’s rigged, but it 100% is broken and has been from the start.

2 Likes

No, it’s rigged. They had more than enough time to fix it and they didn’t. Means they want it to be like this. Rigged.

1 Like

it’s not rigged and it takes basic understanding skills to know that. The system does not know the future and therefore it cannot see a lose coming by putting a team together. It also does not deny the objective to any team which would force a loss. stats are not a perfect representation of a player’s skill level, but the system estimates skill levels BASED on stats and makes games that way. It’s not rigged

There was once a Reddit Thread from a guy who applied his statistics knowledge to his OW data sheets. Turns out the way a SR curve looks like with its ups/downs, streaks and large variance looks exactly the same as a curve of large scale recordings of coinflip throws. So basicaly what you would expect from a system that wants a 50/50 win chance per game.
The problem is not the System but the feeling of hopelessness an individual perceives while navigating the currents of chaos the system generates.
imho the MM should incorporate more meta stats into his algo to provide not only 50/50 chance to win over 100rds of matches but also increase the chance for fun.

1 Like

Uninstalled overwatch today. I’ll check the forums every now and then to see if they changed the matchmaking system.

2 Likes

You’ll notice that the rigged matches are very prevalent and obvious when you’re about to passes your season high or about to break into the next tier.

2 Likes

Because casuals pay the bills.

If you’re a casual and you’re winning near 50% of your games instead of getting stomped all the time, you’re more likely to keep playing.

When casuals play more, they spend more.

There’s your business model.

3 Likes

Okay but in the context of this post, the point is you get stomped 50% of the time.

That’s not fun for anybody ever, and would be a terrible business model.