Movement key bugs?

This same thing started happening this week after latest patch. I cannot play without getting this bug during a game. completely disabling. Hero just starts moving in a random direction and cannot be controlled. I have uninstalled Overwatch and reinstalled. I have replaced keyboard with another. I have unplugged mouse. I have done windows update. Nothing works.

Blizzard please look a this.

1 Like

november 11th 2019 and i just got this bug this week, tried multiple usb ports, keyboards and programs but it only happens in blizzard games

I’m getting this issue now. First time in two years I’ve had the issue.
I’ve made a support ticket to blizzard but no reply yet.
I’ve repaired the client, uninstalled the game.
It started straight after the Halloween event but I also remember an update to my graphics card the same day it started.

Hopefully we get an answer on this. It makes the game kinda unplayable if i play someone with certain movements that need to get right. :frowning_face:

I had this issue before, but it was latency related.

I’d guess this isn’t your issue but you might want to look at your internet.

Yes it might not be happening in other games but it could just be that Overwatch just puts an enough load to cause this. Or you’re playing on the wrong servers.

Bro…we are playing on the correct servers it was playing fine during the Halloween event but as soon as the new update came out everything went wacko btw my internet is fine Im guessing other people’s are too its a problem that kinda needs solved but a guy uninstalled and reinstalled started his internet over and even changed settings it might have been latency when you had that problem but it might not be that again.

Completely necro’d thread, but I did want to chime in that I started experiencing this problem today. I went on vacation for a few days and my computer was off the entire time. The game played with no issues before I left. I turn the game on this morning and there is a patch. Whatevs. I jump into a Mystery Heroes and suddenly I cannot move forward when we start pushing the point. I can move in all other directions except for forward for like a good 5 seconds. I also experienced the issue where I start moving in one direction and I will not stop unless I mash a bunch of problems. I played two matches with the issue before deciding to turn the game off.

I came here, then, but nobody posted anything and I figured something was weird on my computer. My keyboard seems completely fine, though, with other programs, but I rebound all my keys and everything just now and re-downloaded the G Hub thing (I use a Logitech keyboard and mouse). I thought things were fine, but it just happened again while screwing around in training. I come back here and find this thread.

All of that said, though, I think it is a latency problem. In addition to the movement key issues, while screwing around in training I noticed that my position and the position of the robots and other things was out of sync several times and robots would explode some few seconds after head-shooting them as Widow on occasion. I do not think my house internet is the problem because I was streaming 4k TV without issue before jumping on an hour ago.

3 Likes

Overwatch Devs, look at this problem ASAP!!! I cannot play single game without losing control, and it is definitely not fun!!! My controls are completely buggy. I sent you a ticket yesterday, please look at it. I was fine until this last patch, now I cannot play!

4 Likes

Already replied about this on another thread, but having the same issue. It only started with this recent patch. It’s not my keyboard, internet or anything of the sort, it’s the game itself. Please fix asap.

They blamed discord and had a stooge tell people uninstall it and it will work again but I tried it and didnt work so they are just jerkin people around

Don`t know if it helps but this is what I wrote on the EU forum:

I have uninstalled both keyboard and mouse software - and changed usb. Drivers up to date, computer up to date and Scan/Repair OW - It did NOT help me at all. I have had this issue before maybe a year back and now it seems like it started to all of us who has this problem at the same time. After one of the updates….

…this is written 3 hours later:

I think its has something to do with the " Enable high precision mouse input" update because I turned it on and haven’t had the problem since. I don’t want to have it on tho…

Played a couple of games and enabled/unabled the setting and as soon as it was enabled the glitch disapeard😏

2 Likes

He is right it worked thank you Marty may your blessings be many

1 Like

This issue is happening for me as well. every few minutes, if not a few times every minute, one of my movement keys (and sometimes the tab key) sticks and ruins the gameplay. I tried uninstalling the Logitech G Hub application, though that did nothing to fix the issue. Have tried repairing the game and have also uninstalled/reinstalled. I don’t believe this is a third-party bug, as no other game I play has this happen. Please, Blizzard, do something!

Gonna try that out tonight!

3 Likes

yup mine all g now. That was some troll move to do an update and not give proper notice of what would happen haha. I recked my kb because of that lol

1 Like

i have same problem when i play the game my hero sometimes just walk different way i checked my keyboard in another game work perfect

12 years of playing wow under my belt. I am playing over-watch for the first time today. Not even through the intro and the movement keys are bugged. HEY BLIZZ GONN FIX YOUR CRAP OR JUST KEEP IGNORING IT??? hopefully they fix it or I’m never playing this game again.

If you’re going to complain about something without even researching it then this is not the place for you.

This issue has been acknowledged and they are working on it: Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

Please do post the information in there they require because i find it just really bad behaviour to say they aren’t doing anything whilst it’s easy to find a main topic on this.

[Do not continue this thread, move to the main thread]
This way the team can work easier without looking all over.

When are we getting a fix on this bug?
I’m starting to lose my faith in Blizzard

Please do not bump older threads as this is in violation of forum guidelines.

Didn’t you read my post?

It has been acknowledged, if you want to have a fix it’s in there.