Movement key bugs?

Not sure how to describe it, but I’ll try my best. When I tap W once, my character takes a step forward, then back, then forward again. This back and forth happens with all my movement keys. Sometimes when I press and hold my movement keys, the character might randomly stop or move erratically. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? Or might now a solution?

Not sure if this makes a difference, I just have win10 on my Dell xps 13

10 Likes

I got same bug propably. After few games, my keyboard start repeat previous keystrokes, so I basically move random directions. This happens ONLY in overwatch.
What I tried:

• change keyboard
  • reinstall drivers
  • reinstall bios
  • clear CMOS
  • put kb into different usb ports
  • ask everywhere

It MIGHT be a motherboard issue, but it appear only in overwatch, all other games are fine, so I guess its somewhere in the game engine. I got win7, mobo Asrock z87 extreme 4

Its very old bug, I experienced this like year ago, than I stop play overwatch and after year I returned and bug is still here.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. was this ever resolved for you? It started randomly, and this is the only game effected.

3 Likes

Hi,

I have a similar problem after update to latest GeForce driver.

In some games the game will not acknowledge the input that I give instead continue moving in some direction for some time.
I have updated firmware on keyboard, updated USB driver (for connection point), updated driver for key board.
At the moment it looks like I have the problem when I have the pollingrate on the keyboard set to 1000 per second that I have the problem.

Will investigate more.

I have the movement bug where all it allows me to do is join voice and keeps forcing me to go in only one direction. I need any support i can fixing this

This issue actually disappeared for me for a time but with the latest patch (1.30.0.1) this got really bad. I have now "strafed" of the map a couple of times even if I have "no fingers on keyboard".

This also affects my mouse click sometimes.

I have tried different physical keyboard, different physical mouse.

Made a complete clean windows 10 installation in new location and installed latest graphic drivers (Nvidia 416.94), installed Windows patches and a complete new install of Blizzard client and Overwatch in new location. Played for one evening all fine, started day after (today, 2018-11-15) and got a new patch installed and started having the key repeat problem again.

I have noticed that I have latency problems when this happens, going from latency ~54 to >150 and then I have this problem.

I would like some help for this please as it’s very hard to play when you “can’t go around the corner for the character does not stop moving from one direction” even if I stop pressing any keys.

I have changed HW (keyboard and mice) and I have made clean SW install of Windows and Overwatch but still have same problem, but only in Overwatch.

Yours sincerely

Christer

With hopes on an answer.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. It is only in this game. When I’m in a match doesn’t matter which one… the character moves few more steps even though my finger is already on different key or it moves even though I’m not pushing any key.

And I’m not the only one, who experienced this. My two friends have the same problem (we’re from the czech republic). They play on european servers and I play on american servers so I can play with my US and Canadian friends… But the issue is still there.

And it makes the game unplayable, because those few steps can give your enemy the great opportunity to kill you.
My friend even called to his internet provider and it’s not because of that.

I hope they will fix it. This issue started after the new year for me (I bought OW in December). But my friends had this problem already on December 2018.

Same issue here, it’s April 2019 and this movement bug is still not fixed.

1 Like

June 2019 I just started getting this issue. It happens every single game.

It’s june 2019 and still experiencing this bug.

I get this too, in most games.

Samm issue here since new patch only appears after time. pressing forward and strafing right is the problem, tried everthing. nothing works

Im getting the same issue. no problem w keyboard. how do I fix this? Got this bug since the latest update…

I got a similar bug that makes it that when i press the “W” buttin to move forward the game randomly interrupts my movement in the forward direction. It does that in random intervals. As soon as I press “W” again i move forward again but may just stop (or not) after a few steps although i didnt stop pressing the “W” button. As of now i only noticed this happening with the forward motion!

€dit: yeah it does that not only in the forward direction but all the other ones too!

July 2019 and I have just been hit with this problem. Working perfectly fine yesterday. Now I am spinning in the spot instead of moving (Playing Hammond) my grapple either wont fire or won’t let go, I also hit an invisible wall before max speed. I can open fire, ammo count goes down, enemy won’t get hit. My ult either fires or doesnt. It’s not my PC because all my other Onlines games are fine. I have given up with Overwatch, too many problems with it now. Just let it die and move on

Bug started July 2019 randomly and has now lasted for couple weeks. First I thought it was a driver (geforce to be specific) problem, but no. Have checked / tried everything suggested even in the posts from 2016. To put it shortly, game is completely unplayable. Funny how people keep offering same solutions for who knows old problems that clearly do not work. Glad I am not the only one, though.

Hi this is happening to me haven’t played much over June July but now middle of august and this movement bug affects me cant play at all

I’m having the same issue. I’ll randomly walk in one direction for a few seconds and I can’t find a fix, please help.

November 2019. Battle[dot]net app just updated more or less two days ago and then my issue started. It’s not just a few steps either; my character will not stop until I hit the key of the direction they’re moving in. I honestly thought it was my keyboard, so I went and exchanged it for a different one today. Load up the game and Orisa decides to yeet herself off the map. This was not happening before the latest update.

Blizzard, you guys really need to fix this. It’s making the game unplayable.

7 Likes

Same here as above. I’ll get stuck going one direction, as if my finger is still on a directional key. I tried a clean reinstall, but no luck.