Move on from Mass Rez

Then appeal to the developers. First of all, if you don’t find the character fun to play, there is a chance that you are missing the point of your product. If you’re not having fun with something created to be fun, then that is a huge reason to move on.
Secondly, if you feel like the game is important enough that you will rally for changes, I recommend a petition/strike from the Mercy players. In a way, you are working for Blizzard by giving them revenue. They value your playtime. But clearly they haven’t listened to what has been said already. So your last option is to give them a deadline. Tell them if that they don’t do something about Mercy’s position by X date then you get the large amount of players that disagree with me and leave the game. Crusade against it. Break the forums. They can’t ban thousands of accounts at once.

Doesn’t help that Blizz only thinks that hours in QP/Comp should be the only things displayed.

(But then again they’d have to pay attention to those who play bots/custom/arcade…)

1 Like

The point is not what Mercy is or isn’t. The point is that this idea that people adjudicate who can and who cannot have an opinion is an ultimately self-defeating position. After all, if one must have X number of hours on a hero in order for their opinion to be considered valid, then why cannot someone be required to have played the game within Y days in order for the same?

No, you do not need to play a game within a certain length of time, or have a specified requirement of time on a hero to hold opinions. Such gatekeeping is a juvenile and short-sighted strategy that ultimately backfires on the user. Something to keep in mind.

1 Like

It is also a huge reason to complain about… Not everything is about giving up. Now I feel depressed…

That is, by far, the worst thing to do…

The state of the rework in October was enough for me to drop the game, and Mercy has only been nerfed repeatedly since then.

I stopped having fun with Mercy nearly a year ago, and the rework has only gotten worse since then. A hero that I loved enough to play for 450 hours became so boring that I stopped playing.

Meanwhile, this person is telling us “Mercy is fun. If you don’t like that, move on”, and they haven’t put one twentieth of the time on Mercy that we have. Mercy, according to them, is their 7th most-played with only 20 hours. They clearly don’t have what’s best for Mercy or her mains at heart.

6 Likes

20 hours is more than enough time to understand a hero, particularly in a game as easy as Overwatch. But all of that aside, it still begs the question that if you are not going to take someone seriously unless they have a minimum of 450 hours on Mercy, why should I take someone seriously that hasn’t played the game in 340 days?

Something to think about.

2 Likes

I never said that your or anyone’s opinion is invalid. I believe quite the opposite. Everyone’s opinion in general has value to begin with.
But if you had the choice between listening to a veteran and someone less experienced in a particular field you are interested in … I am sorry but I would always value the opinion of the veteran more.
Again: Both opinions are valuable and should be listened to - but some are just that little bit more valuable, more relevant in certain discussions than others. That’s just how it is.
That’s how I feel anyway.

I see two people here, each with enough time to understand the hero. Why should I listen to one and not the other?

1 Like

Notice how there are no mcree is fun, rein is fun, roadhog is fun, moira is fun, etc. threads?

1 Like

I say listen to both and make up your own mind. Chose a side. Or none. Or something in between.
You should listen to both opinions. What you do with them at the end of the day is up to you.

To be fair, people complain about each of those heroes quite a bit.

I’m glad to hear you’ve come around. At least I’ve convinced one person to abandon pointless gatekeeping.

What? Are you sure you are talking to the right person here?

Yes. I am talking to the person who said

Glad to hear you’ve had a change of heart. It is rare to make a difference as I have here. Have a wonderful evening.

No reason to gate keep but if someone wants to comment about Mercy’s fun I expect them to have more then 2 minutes on the hero (since you know that level of time can be equated to messing about in the Spawn Room)

1 Like

Thanks - I guess. I was never advocating for the opposite of what I said just now but I take it.

Your opinion doesn’t represent every mercy player’s either, just sayin. I’m a mercy main and I don’t support a revert or anything so i know it can be annoying cuz people hate ALL mercy mains just cuz of what a few mercy mains have said, but I don’t think mercy is in a good spot rn. I think her playstyle is still fun but it’s not fun to lose cuz mercy can’t keep up and the enemy team has a better healer🤷‍♀️

It is hard to advocate for the parity of ideas by stating variants of all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. Nonetheless, I hope your evening is great.

I have over 300 and I am grandmaster and can say people have asked me to swap, I have started playing different heroes and I can certainly say that Mercy is extremely unfun for the majority of player base.

Not to mention the only people who enjoy mercy are the dps players who can get free easy kill s on her and her targets because everything except moira out damages her… (I’m not for her out healing everything but her old healing made it more difficult to melt them and that’s honeslt what made valkyrie bearable knowing basic damage wouldn’t just melt you unlike now…

Plus if all the Mercy mains don’t hate her then why is our ‘cult’ always spamming the forums and why do people see a mercy player and think it’s another ‘revert mercy player’. You (not directed at OP or person I’m replying to) say we are a cult, a hive mind. I’m sorry you couldn’t call us that unless we have a big following which we do considering Mercy players are the biggest hero community in the game. Sooo tbh if all us cultists left the game would be pretty baron for players.

4 Likes

Well, 20 hours is objectively more than 2 minutes. Frankly, Overwatch’s low skill ceiling facilitates that a few hours on any hero are all that is really required. This isn’t some fighting game where you need 40 hours in the training room just to learn the frame data.