Move on from Mass Rez

I have heard the argument that “Mercy isn’t herself anymore” and “Mercy isn’t fun” countless times. Here’s the thing. That’s your opinion. For one, I have enjoyed playing Mercy competitively through all nerfs, including this one. When you say Mercy isn’t fun, that statement does not represent every single player’s feelings towards the hero. She reminds me much more of the TF2 Medic nowadays and I think that is a great place for her to be in.

Mercy was reworked for a reason. She will, most likely, not be reverted for a reason. The developers balance the game as much as they possibly can because they know this game better than anyone else. When they do or don’t do certain things, it is for the purpose of making their game as enjoyable as they possibly can. So give it a rest. If you are a Mercy player who only likes Mercy 1.0, that’s your problem. There will be people who don’t like her and there will also be people that can still have fun with her. As with any hero. The game does not need to be changed to fit your personal spectrum of fun.

84 Likes

she was reworked for a reason!
people found her unfun

29 Likes

I also enjoy Mercy a lot. However she needs more heals!

9 Likes

I hope she gets more heals. More utility for valkyrie would also be cool.

3 Likes

I would prefer the nerf to her healing to be reverted shrug

11 Likes

Man, I wish people were saying that before Valk went Live…

131 Likes

Eh she’s just quite braindead.
I like heroes with some sort of challenge to play like Ana.

7 Likes

you have 4 hours of mercy total, and 24 mins on mercy in comp. if she is “so fun” why aren’t you playing her more.

67 Likes

Wasn’t the only reason behind the rework.

You know profiles on these forums don’t tell the whole story. I have over 20 hours on Mercy across all modes.

6 Likes

maybe he doesn’t rely on one hero to play the game with? that’s the fun of this game, you can play different heroes, not rely your entire existence to one.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the broken SR system.

That they fixed in the end, anyway… Hm.

35 Likes

Your leaving out the reason Blizzard themselves gave lol
Would still be a thing without the broken SR system.
I’m sure they have way more data than we have access too that justifies it.

3 Likes

Actually, no, she was reworked because after her rez had invincibility everyone complained about it and then said she was way too strong, eventually everyone cried out for a rework and then it happened. Not to most mercy mains consent though, some did want it

4 Likes

Old Mercy was boring after a while. Whether you like Valkyrie or not, you don’t use Mercy in the same way during Valk than outside of it. This is crucial to keep a hero with a simple kit and lower impact like Mercy interesting. Maybe some people were fine with Mercy 1.0, but I really wasn’t.

What does bother me about Mercy 2.0, however, is how OP Blizz made her to please the Mercy players, even though any amount of fundamental rework to a hero’s kit is gonna annoy some people. You can’t please everyone : just do what you believe is right for the game. But instead, we got the Great Mercy Catastrophe of 2017. Bummer.

5 Likes

I did actually, I’m having a ton more fun on Lucio/Ana (and occasionally Brig) for heals.

1 Like

Which is still probably like 2% of your playtime, because you know that the hero isn’t very engaging. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

No.

Why should I?
Blizzard has basically deleted several heroes from the game. That’s not OK and I’m going to keep posting and letting them know that deleting heroes through reworks is not OK and will never be OK.

32 Likes

The reason they gave was ”It was disheartening to play against” which circles back around to ”Unfun.” :blush:

35 Likes

I agree of most of what you said, but don’t think she was made OP to please Mercy players, I think it was an unseen balancing mistake.

3 Likes