Moria is too strong she needs a nerf to fade CD

Her fade is on such a low Cool down that its impossible to duel her. I remember as a genji watching her use fade , I engage, then she faded away (again) , grabbed a health pack, and ended up killing me.

Not only is she a good dueler but she has one of the best escapes in the game on a 6 second cool down which is just stupid.

9 Likes

Moira has a seven-second cooldown on fade. Genji has a very high burst damage output. He can even deflect Moiraā€™s heal orb for free HP. In no world should a decent Genji struggle against a Moira.

23 Likes

How are you going to sit there and say that when you dont even know what her cool downs are ?You have no frame of reference to even have an opinion.

3 Likes

After pressing the ability button, Moiraā€™s fade is active for 0.75 seconds and then goes on cooldown for 6 more seconds. 6+0.75=6.75. I admit I was off by 0.25 seconds. I understand you might not count the duration of fade as part of its cooldown.

8 Likes

Genji can deflect ultimates every 8 seconds, he deflected my ultimate once and by the time I had my next ultimate, he used his deflect another 5 times. My one time experience is an undeniable representation of the state of the game and as such he should also get a nerf on his cooldown.

30 Likes

Moira was designed to counter flankers. The fade is there to make her harder to dive, but its still on a longer cooldown than a lot of diverā€™s mobility abilities.

While Genji should technically have the damage to burst her down, if the Genji player struggles to aim well and is consistently losing the duels (they often do in lower ranks) then you need to see if you can either focus the other support or just go swap.

9 Likes

You mean she outplayed someone who had every advantage over her.

Unless the genji canā€™t aim and has gotten by by jumping over people, Moira isnā€™t a problem for a half decent genji.

16 Likes

Can we stop saying ā€œhalf-decentā€ when players might just be casual or new?

This is part of the reason the game is dead.

This is obviously a rank dependent issue.

The duel is won by Moira in lower ranks but by Genji in higher ranks

4 Likes

Sheā€™s supposed to be good at dueling - thatā€™s why you pick her. Her survivability and ability to ward off some of the flanking heroes is why you switch to her, otherwise other heroes like Ana or Baptiste does her job equally as well and better with the added bonus of utility to boot. If the enemy team has a Moira you canā€™t just charge in alone, especially on heroes like Genji, and expect and easy kill. Best way to deal with her is usually by range, since her damage and leech is short range, and by burst (force her to use the heal orb on herself, that way her team will suffer). Soldier is a pretty good dps to pick against her, I suggest trying him for starters but anything with range will do.

3 Likes

Second worst Support in the game. Skill issue.

5 Likes

Pure skill issue. If you improve your mechanics and she dies in that situation.

2 Likes

Why is it always spelled Moria specifically in nerf posts? :rofl:

10 Likes

Because they donā€™t know a single thing about her, including how to spell her name.

8 Likes

Itā€™s the result of a never-ending process:

1. Player loses 1v1 duel to a tickling Moira because they canā€™t aim.
  2. They become so fueled with rage that they canā€™t think straight anymore.
  3. They run to the forum to publicly cry about it.
  4. They get told by several experienced and high-ranking players that Moira is not a problem like they think she is.
  5. Furious player refuses to admit they could be wrong and quietly goes back to playing the game again.
  6. Repeat every 1-3 months.
4 Likes

Sheā€™s not even a viable pick in 90% of scenarios, and Iā€™ve never had any trouble against her. Personally to me it just sounds like a skill issue.

4 Likes

Moira is literally a free kill for even average Genji players. Itā€™s a skill issue on your part.

4 Likes

Skill issue :clown_face: this place sometimes

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Lifeweaver is thrilled to be first at somethingā€¦

4 Likes

See the thing isā€¦ they are not wrong.

The balance is different for different ranks.

Overwatch being a complex and difficult game is completely lost on experienced players and makes the new player experience a nightmare.

Iā€™ve tried to get people into the game and they get told to ā€œget goodā€ by a player who has only just hit diamond after 7 years and 2000 hours on Genji.

They are correct at their level of play, which is more relevant than ever now since everyone complain OW2 is dying and matchmaking is bad.

1 Like

Itā€™s a big moment for him!