More SR for Tanks?

It’s not a good idea, or rather what I truly disagree with, Grey. It’s why I said fundamentally. You’d still run into similar issues and it’s still inherently unfair.

It’s fundamentally an idea I don’t agree with. Reducing the number doesn’t solve the percentage doesn’t really solve the problem unless you make it so low that it’s nearly neglible. And if that’s the case, I don’t understand what the point would be?

1 Like

I’m not agreeing with this, but in some ways for people to get out of bronze they kind of need to be mastering their character which almost inevitably leads to learning how to get picks at the right time.

Having more DPS in bronze could actually be a good thing?

As a tank main I think this is a dumb idea. Idk what its like on PC but on console at least there’s already a ton of tanks in higher ranks.

Higher ranks needs LESS boosted tank players, not more.

Fr get these trash bunker and goats climbers outta my lobby. Glad they added Sigma so I can flex on these low skill bots

1 Like

Well the fun part of it is, they could just shift things above Gold.

And they could make the differences small enough, that nobody would notice.

Then where would be the incentive? You have to make it large enough to entice people to overcome tendencies and play tank/not play dps, but if you make it that large it leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths.

But they would still be earned? You’d still have to win to get SR. That’s not really much of an argument against this idea.

True, some sort of balance would be needed. But really that’s a question of fine tuning, and creating a perception.

Could just announce it in the patch notes that they are doing it, but leave people guessing if it’s actually happening :stuck_out_tongue:

Handing out SR “just because” is earned? Ugh… 222, man, what did you do to this community?! :weary:

Think of it as balancing the SR across Roles.

It would still have to be noticeable after a while. If people aren’t noticing a marked change in SR gains they’d just go back to the status quo. They could mask it with another announcement like they’re adding PBSR back to high tiers or something to smoke and mirror it in though.

So you’re saying more people playing tank, would be the side effect?

How horrible

I am not even against the idea. I do not care about SR, but it is giving away SR. Objectively. They ain’t no hiding that little tidbit.

How much SR is deserved gained etc, for the entirely new concept of Role based SR, is rooted in a rather Subjective sentiment.

What’s “normal” for something that didn’t exist a week ago?

I’m saying that people would figure out how weighted it is toward tank SR/against dps SR without some masque and it would spark distaste and tales of how much of a joke OW’s SR system is and its imbalanced roster.

Pushing tanks up into matches that they are not ready to handle? Doesn’t sound good to me.

I applaud the creativity though. Keep it up.

Why would it matter that SR is treated differently if RoleBasedSR is permanently split from each other.

Because you’d be placing people marginally where they don’t belong, which skews the system, and undermines its integrity. Also, I’ve seen your arguments that the skill differences between a few hundred SR is marginal, but that simply isn’t the case when you get up into T500. It would ruin more games.

1 Like

If say someone earns more SR not on the merit of their skill but because of their chosen role, they will start to end up in games they do not belong in compared to their healers and dps.