More LGBT heroes needed šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I didnā€™t enjoy how they handled their reveals. It was more like ā€œhere you go LGBT/GLBT people, now shut upā€.

Instead, I think that if you arenā€™t going to tell a story with your gay characters, or if you arenā€™t going to make your characters organically gay, thereā€™s no reason to bring up their orientation in the first place.

6 Likes

Exactly, confidential statues are more healthier for the community cause itā€™s such a high controversial argument

And why should we care which character Bastion wants to stick his bullets in again?

6 Likes

Iā€™d be down if they actually ditched the whole ā€œweā€™re groundbreaking bc our gay guy is gruffā€ stereotype.

Itā€™s something straight guys do when they LGBT buying power but donā€™t want to properly write them in. Soldier just happens to be out when heā€™s an anonymous vigilante whose interpersonal relationships have crumbled apart and he has no time for either friends nor lovers and very little personality. Itā€™s wack and itā€™s fan service.

If youā€™re gonna develop the character then develop them.

Makes no sense to force the mysterious character to be open for 2 paragraphs for fan service and then close them up for the rest of the series. If youā€™re gonna put gayness on a character, either write them that way or make it make sense within their personality (someone open about their life, like Baptiste, Lucio, heck even Hanzo was written more open ended at that point).

I just really donā€™t like forced fan service and the self congratulatory attitude Chu had afterwards. It was really low effort and if thatā€™s the writing team on overwatch I really would not want to be pandered to. Yes I am gay

2 Likes

The Lgbt whatever has spiralled out of controll, just let us be who we are in peace, we moved from one lable to the next. In the end weā€™re just people. Let Blizz design a characterā€™s lore or story around it with good writing or not at all, if they do it because people on the forums asked for it itā€™s going to suck.

5 Likes

PrĆ©judice only exists when people donā€™t talk enough about a topic.

Thus more LGBT heroes are a good idea

1 Like

Just play the ā€œAssume everyone is Blank until proven otherwiseā€.

What I do. And I find it fun when new lore and biographical information is given.

So if itā€™s not to you thenā€¦why do you care so much about people making these kinds of threads?

Lore and character developments ARE factors for some peopleā€™s enjoyment and engagement.

(I mean itā€™s why MK11 Sindel caused such an uproarā€¦)

2 Likes

Because its kind of useless if its not going to add something to the lore or gameplay itself, also chu revelaed soldier sexuality just in a Tweet, just like ā€œsure yeah yeah he is gay now leave me aloneā€

Again, I donā€™t understand why people think itā€™s absolutely crucial to implement gender preferences and same sex relationships. Bringing out a character thatā€™s LGBT+ causes more problems. We donā€™t need to label our heroes. They are heroes. Thatā€™s all we need to know, we donā€™t need to know what their orientation is. If your gay. Thatā€™s great. But we donā€™t need to label them.

Keeping our heroes ambiguous is a better and healthier option, because clearly right now. We get controversial arguments and it wastes everyoneā€™s time and hurts everyone

9 Likes

This is just going to generate more hate and toxicity in the community, people dont like things shoved down their throats

6 Likes

Labeling heroes is important.

People want to feel attached to the heroes.

They need reasons to love them. Lore helps alot there.

1 Like

Wrong. The LGBTQ is the most vocal movement I can think of. Who sleeps with who has no place in a video game. Use your imagination if you want to fill in the blanks. Not every books, movie, tv show, comic, anime, manga or video game has to have LGBTQ characters. As someone from Africa, even racism will never die, regardless of how much you speak of it. Maybe we should stop speaking of it for once and see what happens.

Edit: Iā€™m the biggest lore nerd there is, and never once have I formulated my opinions around a character or wondered who he/she sleeps with. Iā€™d rather take the juicy Zen lore theyā€™ve been saving for us.

14 Likes

Its not even just that. Its something that poor writers, regardless of orientation, do when they want brownie points. We call it ā€˜pandoringā€™ and its nothing that anyone should put up with.

However, I do agree with this:

It really is.

Thats only because michael confirmed it in a tweet before and needed some ā€œloreā€ to back it up

Dude i like u and not even gayā€¦ U a South African?

1 Like

WRONG
Psychologe shows that implementing topics in the daily life of people, especillay during their childhood, makes them more tolerant towards it.

Itā€™s not importantā€¦you literally have someone who is gay saying they donā€™t want this to be a thing.

Can you not be respectful? I canā€™t actually believe you are doing this. Literally gay people out in the world who wants to be known as a human they donā€™t need labels neither do fictional characters

You have done nothing progressive other then start another controversial argument thread.

10 Likes

Lmao yes I am (ja ek is :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

1 Like

We just now got the first likely African American character who happens to be a black woman. Yā€™all got the poster girl and Soldier. Maybe let other groups have their representation before trying to just look out for your own.

1 Like

Sojourn is a lesbian.

1 Like