More LGBT heroes needed 🏳️‍🌈

Today it’s important to show that every person is equal.

To stress equality, it’s furthermore necessary to make LGBT present in more daily life situations.

Thus, im advocating for more LGBT heroes.

It would be the best if another popular hero gets confirmed as LGBT but I would be happy about new added LGBT heroes, too.

On top of that, overwatch would get more attention and people in the community will start loving each others differences.

Thus, its a win win situation

:rainbow_flag: :rainbow_flag:

Let’s show the world that we are proud to be LGBT :rainbow_flag:

25 Likes

I’m all for making things represent the real world. 2 LGBT characters is pretty rock solid (a little to the high side, but that cant be helped, as 1 would be a little on the low side).

What the game is missing are Asian characters of several kinds (Southeast Asian, Indian or Pakistani Male, Persian, Arab, Israeli, and African origin female)

95 Likes

It’s cool to have LGBT community but it’s not necessary.

86 Likes

Nahhhhh. They don’t.

Unless they’re gonna let Nesskain or maybe an actual LGBT member design the character.

My issue with blizz doing it is they write it (poorly) as fan service for our community for our buying power (roughly $3.7 trillion* dollars currently in the US alone, look up “pink money”) but then they write it as low risk for rejection from straight audiences or from a straight person perspective on what they think would make a good gay character.

The fact that blizz wrote soldier as the “bury your gays” trope that was so popular for 90’s and 2000’s kinda killed my excitement for them writing good gay characters. Of course the lesbian didn’t get that treatment in a male dominated industry, lol.

11 Likes

and here… we … go…

71 Likes

ohh boy, here we go again.

31 Likes

Be carful with post like this one they attract all sorts of attention and mostly unwanted attention and don’t even get me started on the moderators :grimacing:

I’m all for this just giving a word of warning :warning:

Always remember positivity is :key:
:ribbon::reminder_ribbon::ribbon:

6 Likes

make genji a twink so that all of the sym and moira mains like him

14 Likes

I just, on top of that, would love more LGBT characters due to my brother.

There are so many people that are afraid to embrace their real sexuality, as is my brother who is still afraid to say it because he does not want to receive any hatred.

Overwatch implementing more LGBT heroes shows that one can be proud about being it :rainbow_flag:

3 Likes

Oh dude you are jinxing pandora her box.

2 Likes

I agree and disagree.

Gay communities are a lot larger in video games than people realize, especially in MOBA-ish games. Blizzard games have always had the gay communities pouring in tons of money into their games.

My issues are that their writers are largely straight males, the only one I know otherwise of is nesskain who’s bi.

If the characters are written poorly I don’t really want them

2 Likes

No please. I’m gay and I don’t want it dragged into a fantasy world, that’s like saying Winston is antivaxx and zen is a flat earther…or something. The witcher 3 did it organically, I don’t think overwatch can. Soldier and tracer felt forced, that makes it worse than having none whatsoever. So please take the Lgbtq stuff elsewhere, this isn’t the platform for it.

50 Likes

Brig is probably Lesbian so dont worry.

2 Likes

Can y’all please not start making these threads again?

19 Likes

There is actually a gay mega thread in the story subforum if you really wanna talk about this.

5 Likes

Isn’t it better to leave it ambiguous though? I remember people didn’t exactly enjoy Tracer or Soldier’s reveals.

12 Likes

I have 2 uncles (married to 2 other uncles ofc) That are actually refused to the Amsterdam gay parade for their political beliefs. The head of the Amsterdam gay pride originator was forced to leave and is banned from the gay parade by so called LGBTQ+++++ Its sad to know its a political tool. Its not about being gay but what u believe in.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say they were forced we were told years ago that there would be LGBTQ+ related characters in game just nobody expected it to be them I’m just worried what attention this thread will attract :neutral_face:

Always remember positivity is :key:
:ribbon::reminder_ribbon::ribbon:

3 Likes

If they can add it in organically then sure. Other than that no overwatch does not need them. There’s 99 other issues Overwatch is trying to fix that are bigger issues than not having enough trans.

OW is actually fairly diverse. It has 2 gay characters for 3 heroes, which is more gays than exist on average in real life.

Overwatch needs to be a better game and do better story telling

6 Likes

I dont mind if its a new character with a proper backstory, i just hate when they turn someone gay just to appease certain people

8 Likes