More Disappointed than i've been in a long time

I had low expectations for this event but even I got disappointed, lol.

1 Like

ChibiFox, you know that you and i are alright, having agreed on many things in the forum in the past but i have to say this, young sir, that we all paid $60 (or more) for the game and in my game, i bought two copies, one for my daughter and one for myself.

While i get that this event as well as the skins are underwhelming, using the purchase price as a justification for wanting more things than what came in the box from the beginning is just … self-centered. If you have played the game for more than a year, almost daily, then i would say that you would have obtained your money’s worth. I have spent over $200 on top of the original purchases for my daughter and myself on extra things like loot boxes for both my girl and i as well as bought OWL All Access Pass and tokens to support the League but you don’t see me using money spent as a justification for being disappointed. Moreover, both my daughter and i have only started playing less than 6 months ago.

1 Like

You simply misunderstand, i agree on that point. i was simply stating that i spent 60, As Storm stated this was a 40$ Game.

I don’t think that “If i bought the game originally, i should get more”

I simply was let down by an “Event” Being so… Lackluster… i was prepared to have a reason to keep playing what once was my favorite game, and… All i want to do is stay away from it now.

1 Like

You should uninstall and get ready for battle for azeroth! overwatch needs some people to stop play for a few weeks

Well, lets just say that i Cannot WAIT For Anthem To be released.

Already pre-ordered.

I’m pretty sure the new Highlights are bugged too.
(At least, on console.)

All it ever shows is a black screen.

I’m curious of that game. But EA is a cesspool and with how they handled Star Wars battlefront 2 I’m not looking forward to the game much at all. But please keep us updated on it.

1 Like

If they choose not to spoil the skins until patch release it just means the disappointment gets delayed until then.

New Ana buff.

That’s my biggest reason.

1 Like

Oh, that’s just the thing… i played the Beta for Starwarsbattlefront2…

It played Great… That just added micro transactions, which killed it.

Hell, i would play that right now over this.

Ooh, that reminds me. Still have to do the multiplayer achievements for that game.

1 Like

That game had Genuinely good Gun play… But no… Just gotta be pay to win. -.-

I’ll just grind my way to the top, tyvm.

Also, ever since that backlash, the game’s been improved massively.

2 Likes

Because the gameplay is fun? And if it’s not fun for you, no amount of cosmetics is going to turn an already-negative view of the game around.

Ya I liked how smooth it was but then you had the pay to win aspect so I just walked away from it. I’m guessing that they might be a bit safer since they took a loss on battlefront 2. I do have my hopes up for the game thought hopefully a them is a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

Yea… Lucio ball… How fun.

I didn’t miss it, tbh…

They’ve been trying to fix it since launch, and they have somewhat. Micro transactions are purely cosmetic and it still looks great visually, but…

It’s a mess still. Just take a gander at r/StarWarsBattlefront and you’ll see. It’s taking them very large amounts of time for small updates.

1 Like

There it is. The “Purely cosmetic” argument. It’s anti-consumer nonetheless. If I want to buy a skin, I would have to buy it with credits. How do I get said credits? Lootboxes. How do I get said lootboxes? Playing, sure. Not everyone has the time to play, and not everyone wants to play a game that they are burnt out on playing for an entire day, only to realize you didn’t get the skin you wanted out of any of the lootboxes you just got. Okay. So, the event is almost over, and you don’t have enough time to get a lootbox, but still want that one skin. Fork over the greens. That’s the only way to get it without credits and time. If only we can buy credits. I’d be fine with that. At least you can get the stuff you want.

1 Like

I’m talking about the core game itself. Lucioball and all seasonal events have always had the intent of being short bursts of novelty compared to the standard game modes, that’s why you don’t see Uprising and Retribution as permanent game modes even when people asked for them; Jeff himself said that his team knows it won’t hold people over the long run.

I’m okay playing Lucio Ball once a year if that means the regular game is still as awesome as before. If the core game is garbage, then nothing else they try to add will alleviate your frustrations that are already there.

2 Likes

ResidentSleeper event