MonteCristo's thoughts on why 2-2-2 is good for the game

Sombra’s weakness is her team being rushed and if you can only run 2-2-2 your team doesn’t have the sustain vs. 3-3, they can literally just W+M1 into your team and they’ll win.
Generally being able to stack roles vs. something that can only do 2-2-2 is simply not balanced nor fair. Teams will literally be playing with different rulesets and that will destroy the competitive integrity.

But now here comes into the picture the rank we talk about. Below plat/diamond a 3-3 setups doesnt have bigger chances of winning against a 2-2-2 because at those ranks the coordination requied to do such thing is nonexistant.

Theres no integrity to destroy when there was no integrity at the begining.

So, you’re saying that players below diamond make an entire idea of a system irrelevant because they are not good enough to play certain compositions ?
I mean, hero stacking was probably way less efficient in lower ranks than in higher ranks, but Blizzard restricted it for everyone nonetheless.

Queuing with hero limits and being matched against people who can stack as many of one hero as they want would be COMPLETELY unacceptable. Why would 2-2-2 against no forced comp be any better ?

Also, that’s not only about getting rid of GOATs. Apparently, 2-2-2 is the average best experience for players. Making sure it happens and not let people pick 4 DPS in your games could make Overwatch way more pleasant

2-2-2 would be good for competitive, but I don’t see the need to implement it in qp. And yeah 2-2-2 is a safe comp, you can just leave qp and reque if you don’t wish to run 4 dps… can’t do that in comp.

We could always have more mods like total mayhem, ranked rules “qp”, roles unlocked “qp”, standard qp, total mayhem, team deathmatch… etc be constantly available.

You know what is a good way of making Tank/Supports more attractive to play? Knowing you won’t be Solo Tank/Support for 4+ DPS

5 Likes

He made a lot of good points.

Incorrect. The best comp in the history of the game is nothing but Tanks and Supports.

2-2-2 does more than ‘stop making DPS take up 4 slots on a team’.

Actually, it was much more efficient in low ranks, because people would trickle in as Mei/Dva and stall forever the final point, because low rank players can’t focus fire effectively.

Remember that at the time there was no increase in respawn timer if the attacking team was overwhelming the point, and neither we had overtime ticking faster if it goes for too long. So, you could even sustain overtime forever in Control with two Tracers quickly blinking in and out of the point from opposite sides.

And that’s even before we touch the issue of the six bastion/Torb impenetrable defenses, or Winston stacking barriers (reason why it was nerfed to 600 HP), or Sym2 stacking Shield Generators.

No Limits was a nightmare to balance. It’s far from the situation of not having a 222 team, because once you get out of the pro bubble, there is a ton of viable comps, and they are not “222 or goats only”.

Then take the opposite point,

The fact that it affects ranks differently isn’t a valid argument against it, that’s what I’m saying

I dont know why people say this. You can’t know that. Think about all the people who will be willing to play other roles because its now a structured system. I like to play Support mostly, but I would be much more willing to play Tank when I know I am actually going to have a balanced team comp.

Sure, queue times might go up a little bit but I dont think it would be as bad as everyone thinks. Part of the reason no one likes to play Tank or Support is because team comps are always a joke.

You can’t tell me that people wont be willing to play those roles when you know you are going to have a decent comp.

Very nice video. Quickmatch and ranked are in a very very bad state right now. I mean, more often than not it is a total waste of time with these 4 dps lineups. It is ZERO fun. I dont care too much about losing or winning but at least I want to play in a Team Comp that can work if everyone is on the same page and is enjoyable. But when I see that my team choses widow, hanzo, tracer and ashe instantely why should I even bother to take the healer/tank? They want to play deathmatch. I absolutely do not.

Nah, flex players will be fine. If anything it might be a relief that you are rolling for something you actually want and are in a mind set to do(even if takes a while).

The only ones that lose are dps mains that do not know how to play even the most simple supports or tanks. Uwu

1 Like

Or flex players that want to play DPS…

1 Like

Still a win, since you are guaranteed a dps spot instead of having to playing support or tank again and again.

I repeat, the only ones that lose are dps mains. uwU

Yes, even with 15+ minutes of wait time(I do think that it will be 40+ minutes, but eh). If you will have the guaranteed dps spot it is way more worth it than being forced to tank or heal.

Sure. Ok. If you think 15+ minutes is a win. Not even the best overwatch games are worth 10 minute wait times if you aren’t being paid to play the game.

The game will actually die if anyone has a 40 minute queue, hell I dont think it will do well if there is a 15 minute queue for anyone.

1 Like

If you think they are not, the door is on the left. There are plenty of shooters with dps’s, and even one called Apex Legends, you might like it. Its all the rage right now.

I am exausted of picking dps first only to have to choose support or tank in the end of the charcter select screen because “ShimadaUchiha666” needs to pick Hanzo or his hands will necrose.

Unfortunatly, since the OW team/influencers said that DPS are the way to go and that tanks and supports get less sr, the supports and tanks went through the drain.

Not to mention the creation of Doomfist and Brigitte. When DF appeared on live, I swear that half of my tank main friends left and never looked back.

1 Like

All of those sound like your personal problems, not mine

1 Like

Just because it doesn’t affect you, does not mean it does not affect people around you. Uwu

1 Like

I never said it didn’t affect me, I just don’t care that it happens as much as you do. In this thread, I have already made my argument against 222, I’m not rehashing it just because you replied to me.

1 Like