Moira's Damage is Fair

That’s funny. I was just adding the context for you, you know, since you left it out.
Anyways, conversations with you always seem to be especially pointless, so welcome to the ignore list!

I don’t quote out of context bro, the point stands. Look, I understand how addictive ez mode is, and there is a reason that coaches warn people off from learning on her, and the pros refer to her as “Hero For Dummies”… and not a single streamer defends her as a good design. Sometimes, it is what it is.

2 Likes

A perfect 85%

I’ll take your word that you believe that.

But as the cop from L.A. Noire once said, “Doubt”

I’m not watching a video from 2017 about game balance. She has low dps. It may suck to die to Moira but frankly every dps except sombra should be able to figure it out. I can duel a Moira with many heroes. And when I lose it’s on me for missing. She isn’t broken at all. Especially in a world where I can one shot. I want a rework because every time I play with a Moira it’s a toss up if they are healing or skipping dps lines.

LMAO… dude, come on, check Overbuff at every tier… “low damage”… :roll_eyes:

overbuff at:
/blog/2016-08-11-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-don-t-panic

reddit at: /r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/8jxs4q/na_top_500_data_for_seasons_110/

Here you see Mccree, Soldier and several others equal and picked more than said heroes in seasons 1-5.

I feel it is pointless, i know you are wrong and i have the stats to prove it, ofc some support player is gonna be biased and cry at something he experienced. But it isn´t true.

Mind this is t500 and tournaments only, so far closer to OWL than even GM would be. So yeah already here we are getting close to top 0.1% of games and your claim is still BS.

Are you actually mentally impaired ?

Jeff kaplan, the actual head developer of OW, released the stats publicly.
Here let me show you.

The average DPS of most heroes when factoring in accuracy of the players and much more is not even half of the potential ones that you list, where as with moira it is very close to the full 40-50 cause her accuracy is that high, next to that her HPS leech acts as a buffer against a persons DPS effectively lowering it even more. Couple that with a heal or damage, that more than doubles her health or doubles the damage she will do, with a 6s jump, yeah her duel capability is insanely high and loads of players of the lower ranks struggle, the stats clearly show it.

1 Like

Yeah she is below all dps in every rank.

She is still doing less damage than every single dps and tank on average. Across every single rank.

Below DPS … smh… you cannot understand this can you?

Oh is she supposed to be the weakest?

That is irrelevant, are the DPS doing 15k healing per game as well ?

She does nearly twice the damage of all other healers near her healing output and comes close to dealing equal damage to many DPS heroes, this is in a meta that doesn´t suite her, go back to 6 months or just take low ranks and she is even worse.

Moira is not supposed to be equal or high on damage, she is a support.

She isn’t equal. She is lower. And how much utility does Moira provide to the team? Cc? Sleep darts? Speed boosts, anti healing? Why do you think I want a rework? I want to see damage go away for utility. But just nerfing damage now makes no sense if she provides 0 utility.

No one wants her damage nerfed, they wan´t her ease of dealing damage nerfed, reduce the hitbox of her beam so a good moira can still do the same, but she isn´t guaranteed to do so.

There are loads of other heroes in the DPS rooster that brings nothing, hell Zen brings quite little utility and all he does is Damage on the side, yet in most ranks in the game Moira is equal to him in output, while dealing a a whopping 3x the healing. There is a reason that even insane pickrate Ana, is litterally dwarfed in stats in 85% of the playerbases games.

She is within 1 or less thousand to several, Winston, Tracer being some, Widow being another. Not to mention that this is not 6 months or only low ranks as i said.

What if zen’s damage included all of the damage that’s gained from others shooting discord targets? How much would that add to it? We’re talking 30% increase to all damage sources on that target. Imagine his damage done if that was included.

I don’t really see the point in seeing the pst 6 months stats when I can have a more accurate reading from 1 month or even 1 week. The game has changed in six months. So I don’t see why December is even relevant right now.

Her ease of dealing damage exists because the need to maintain healing. Nerfing her damage also nerfs her healing. And her damage will go down because of inaccuracies that will occur. Good Moira’s or bad ones won’t matter when accuracy goes down.

Good point, its the sum of the parts that is the issue in the design. People don’t go off on any kit like they do Moira, and there is a reason for it. Even Mei feels more fair to run against.

This is incorrect, muddled thinking. Her regen rate on her pool can be tweaked, it is NOT directly tied to amount of damage. Again, she doesn’t need much, but its obvious (and usually once the damage argument falls apart, the next cry is “utility”). She’s been sort of nerfed/buffed to raise the skill floor and ceiling, and this is good. We would just like to see Blizzard finish the job.

He and Mercy have a damage boosted, Mercy does at least for reference.

Cause 6 months and prior to that was a meta that favoured Moira and she was a must pick in all ranks in the game dominating.

That is why.

Moira´s ease, is cause they powercreept the role and simultaneously wanted it to be watered down. No reason to make excuses about it, her healing isn´t affected by it, not directly and even so you hardly ever go out of ressources ever, so the fact that you now could more often, cause you aren´t good at dealing damage is totally fair.

Sure, I’ll do it in a new thread. That way we can refer to it later :slight_smile: