Moira Rework Idea! (No BS, Moira mains please give me feedback)

Moira 2.0

• Biotic Grasp (Secondary Fire)
    • Damage per second and the beam width is now linked with the amount of biotic energy
    • Damage will grow stronger the less amount of biotic energy Moira has
    • Damage per second will now scale between 40 to 75 damage per second
    • Beam width will grow wider the less amount of biotic energy Moira has
    • Maximum beam width reduced by 10%
    • Minimum beam width reduced by 35%
    • Biotic Energy Regeneration Per Second increased from 18.75 to 30
  • Biotic Orb (Healing)
    • Renamed to Paliating Orb
    • Healing per second reduced from 65 to 55
    • Ally movement speed increased by 10% (only active if ally is tethered, or damaged)
    • Regenerates 10 Biotic Energy per second
  • Biotic Orb (Damage)
    • Damage Orb renamed to Decay Orb
    • Tether range increased from 5 meters to 6 meters
    • Max. Damage reduced from 200 to 125
    • Damage Per Second reduced from 50 to 20
    • Enemy Movement speed reduced by 25%
    • Now takes up 8 biotic energy per second to anyone caught in the tether. If biotic energy runs out while Orb is active, her Movement speed will be reduced by 15% for 4 seconds and the Orb will deplete itself.

Notes: Using biotic grasp will cancel the negative effects of decay orb

Edits

Edit 1: Some minor text fixes
Edit 2: Fixed some damage issues with secondary fire
Edit 3: Added some stuff at the end to clarify stuff
Edit 4: Fixed a text problem on her ultimate
Edit 5: JinSoul gave me some great ideas, so I’m implementing some on their stuff
Edit 6: I feel like Moira was too weak so I’m buffing certain parts of her kit

2 Likes

It encourages too much DPS moira, cant say i like it,

100DPS base on a support with a AoE type primary fire ability is insane, its also relatively easy to keep up since you can just continuously fire and waste all your healing to get more damage, and kill enemies, without healing your team

1 Like

I don’t know how I feel about the other stuff but this: is straight up awful. You nerf it, then punish her if its not depleted? I feel like this would make her clunky. Currently orb can be used to help someone far away or to assist in main healing or damage. What if I do run out of energy from healing my tanks and all of a sudden I get handicapped? It wouldn’t right for an ability this average

6 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Now that I think about it, 100 DPS does seem pretty harsh. However, 100 dps is equivalent to grasp + damage orb, so i thought moira mains should still have something similar to her disposal.

I think I’ll go back to what I intended: 75 DPS.
That and along with the newly “buffed” biotic energy should keep her dps in check.

However you said this:

Meaning that her maximum DPS is roughly arround 116 DPS

And while the total damage comparision makes sense, considering the differnce in avaiability,

before, you needed Grasp + Orb, to get 100 DPS, and the orb tends to fly off in the distance rather quickly, that combined with its overall downtime, reduces its overall damage thought the match

but putting that on her primary fire means she basically has that on demand at all times as long as shes wasting her healing on the air, if anything, she can just fire a bit, heal, then fire again, then heal,

2 Likes

honestly I don’t hate this,

More than anything else I don’t understand reducing her healing further, seems fine where it is especially considering her ult will be charging slower

I’d actually reduce the charge rate considering that you’re nerfing her Orb damage, and her poke damage, and her healing,

It seems like her teamfight potential is better (more time to keep up healing from her orb) but out of fights, she pretty much seems like dead weight, no real poke damage, and no utility to help get picks

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback!

This orb is actually super strong against lucio, who’s speedboost never actually had a strong counter in all metas. Remember that using biotic grasp will instantly negate all effects of the decay orb to Moira. Also, her regeneration rate at passive is enough to go over the “red line” and not kill her fast enough.

True. I kinda forgot about that. Thank you for disclaiming! I lowered her max dps by a substantial amount and before I thought the new decay orb would be excusable for lowering her hps to compensate. Perhaps I was wrong. I’d like feedback from that.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually meant to reduce her ult charge by 10%, but accidently wrote increase. My bad!

1 Like

You would think this would promote DPS Moira’s but in reality you’ll have to be healing to obtain this…

also, i actually think you can probably workshop Demo this,

Not if you waste your healing in the air while flanking the enemy team :stuck_out_tongue:

That is exactly what I’m doing. Not promoting DPS Moiras!

also you don’t need to stack up all your edits,
use
“[details=“Summary”]
This text will be hidden
[/details]”
this to hide your edits under a tab, replace the “Summary” with “Edits”

it should create this

Edits

“List of Edits”

Doesn’t she have like the fastest charging ult in the game?

the lingering effect isn’t 65 heals per second, is 65 heals in 4 seconds so more like 16.25hps

its 65 over 4 seconds according to the wiki

so like 15-18 Ish

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying! I fixed the changes.

Yes, but since I nerfed her overall healing and dps, I think it’s appropriate to do this.

You know what? I don’t know anything about workshop, but I guess it’s worth the try :smiley:

Something I’m thinking about: Would it be better to keep primary fire the same as vanilla but instead nerf her healing orb?

Moira rework idea

More like huge gutting of Moira idea

Also her lingering effect is 16.25 per second for 4 seconds.

4 Likes

Damage orb range is so big it should stay 5 meters. It makes her need to aim a little bit better.
Also I would reduce the max damage to 100 and increase dps from 16 to 25. Dps doesn’t need to be this low, remember it is usually being devided by the whole enemy team so it will only deal 25 damage most of the time.
I don’t think her healing needs changes so i wouldn’t change that.
Biotic Grasp should stay 20 meters, 15 meters is to unsafe for a support to stay in range. Also damage scaling is a bit too off maybe something more like 40-60 so it is a middle ground, 30 to 75 is a big jump.
Also yeah the self damage and slow is nuts don’t do that.

LOL so you want Moira to be the slowest hero in the game as all as all these nerfs?

2 Likes

Excuse me while I take a piss at a wall.
(Uses up all biotic healing on a wall)
I’m a DPS now. You’re welcome.

Thank you for the feedback!

I really like your ideas so I’ve implemented some of them to a certain extent.

Honestly I feel like this is necessary as to counterbalance the power that decay orb has (slowing enemies down), but I do agree with you to an extent. So, I’ll adjust the self damage and movement speed.

1 Like