Moira lock tracking is still on

How many times do we have to link the same video? Or even … just go into Training and try with bots? Dear god …

“Lock on” is something that hits as long as the dude is on your screen (not crosshair or even LOS sometimes), just like OHKO is “ONE HIT” and not a combo of 2 things that happen really fast.

Please.Get.Your.Facts.Straight.Before.Posting.Nonsense. :clap:

24 Likes

You just explained a lock on. Watch and listen to the video carefully. Look at the reticle position with relation to the target. All Moira mains know that when the beam is drawing essence there is a unique sound you can hear when it’s working and near silence from the weapon when it isn’t.

why do moiras get so salty and try and argue that they aim. its like a kid with training wheels trying to tell you they ride the same as you do with 2 wheels. yeah ok bro.

3 Likes

same with other beam weapons what’s the question/problem here? if it was a lock on ability as Majaspic34 said:

@OP, every beam weapon can switch between targets without having to let go of the mouse button.

if mercy beams a teammate A and teammate B steps in between them, mercy’s beam will still be connected to teammate A. That’s lock on.

now with beam weapons whether zarya’s, sym’s, or moira’s (as you’ve shown) if you’re targeting Enemy A and then Enemy B moves in between you and enemy A, the beam would stop damaging enemy A and instead target/damage enemy B, so long as enemy B is closer to the center of the reticle.

4 Likes

Stop trying to make the argument about the terminology used.

It doesn’t change the fact that there’s effectively zero mechanical skill associated with playing Moira, no matter how much you all want to pretend there is.

1 Like

Because the people they are argueing with are SO pig headed they can’t get even the most basic things right.

dealing with such stupidity gets real tiring real fast.

11 Likes

Why did you quote me? Not only do I have no idea what you’re getting at. Your comment appears to have no relation to what I said at all.

Except I literally did not. Take Symmetra’s old weapon which was actually lock on as soon as you locked on to your target that was it. They could move and bounce around and even leave your screen while your aiming remained perfectly still and your beam would stay on. Other enemies could move in front of you but it would remained locked on to your target. ThAT is lockon.

Moira’s weapon does not behave like that. You can miss and if someone else passes through or you don’t track your target and they move outside of your hitbox it will break. That is not lockon

2 Likes

So stop using the wrong terminology. You are trying to start an argument on a subject you obviously know VERY little about.

9 Likes

It is a lock-on ability, but the players just started a fuzz about the terminology which is just artistic because they call it “soft-lock” :roll_eyes: It’s not the same thing as the old Sym beam or other hard lock abilities but they all lock onto the target so they’re lock-on abilities by default even though somebody else wants to categorize it differently

would you believe me if i told you there is no spoon, man ??

yeah but its like a fat slob arguing they exercise because they walk between the fridge and the couch. its delusional and changing the subject.

Are you REALLY that thick? after all of this?

7 Likes

Wrong, Mercy is an actual lock-on not an cone. But if you just want to whine about perceived OP things there’s little point having a discussion.

1 Like

And they are argueing with a person who thinks the world is flat over geography.

If you are going to complain about a hero, maybe knowing something about it may mean people won’t think you are an idiot?

1 Like

So Winston is a multiple lock on Tank? :thinking:

1 Like

The terminology is irrelevant. You all know what people mean when they say ‘lock on’, they mean that the hitbox is so absurdly forgiving that it effectively has the same aim requirement as a lock on weapon.

Moira’s weapon has almost the same mechanical skill requirement as a hard-lock beam to utilize and it’s as simple as that.

I’d even say it’s closer to a lock on than a normal beam (Symmetra, Zarya) when you’re looking purely at how precise you need to be to hit someone with it.
The actual mechanics behind the weapon aren’t what people are referring to.

So…holding down the right click (forever) moving from target to target by just using a mouse is not a lock on?

It’s not a terminology thing. Her weapon doesn’t behave like a lock on weapon does therefore it isn’t a lockon weapon. And as for the whole soft lock thing most people reject the use of that term because it was just made up for people trying to find a way of explaining it to make it more palatable to people who can’t get over the fact that it isn’t lock on.

5 Likes

It’s not lock on. Slowing down the animation doesn’t magically make it lock on.

2 Likes