Moira lock tracking is still on

Mercy is the only character that still has an actual lock.

Are you serious?

Mercy’s heal doesn’t require you to even look at what you are healing. Nothing interrupts it aside from stunning Mercy or LoS.

Moira’s damage beam doesn’t work like this even remotely. It’s a beam with an enormous hitbawks why are we still talking about this?

2 Likes

It’s Friday Friday gotta keep the most interesting threads on the forum going on Friday because I ran out of stuff to do for the week Friday.

The worst part is you can see old shield generator on 0:33 :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t see why people think there’s that much of a difference?

Mercy and Moiras weapons both benefit from “large invisible hitboxes”

I get the “difference” but it just seems redundant to act like Moiras beam requires THAT much more aim than Mercys.

They both initially “lock on” or at least “look like” they lock on because of the giant hitbox radius they have - Mercys sticks and Moiras “lock on” radius is just smaller and will re-attach to whatever is in front of it (That seems more AUTO-LOCK-ON-ISH than Mercys actual lock on imo)

It’s probably a chopped up piece of code straight from Symm/Mercy lock on coding.

It’s … basically the same. (but just2beclear I don’t think it’s OP)

1 Like

Mercy and Sym 1.0 were call lock on because the beam stays locked on the same target even if LOS is interrupted and moves out of the hit box.

Moira is not locked because it doesn’t do either of those.

The myth busting video explains this clearly with video demonstration.

1 Like

I don’t understand why some people here don’t want to learn what a “lock on” means, even when the facts are all over the place.

I can’t believe that there’s still posts about this. It’s 2019, people. Move on.

I get the “difference”. I get why it’s not “technically” a lock on.

But why does everyone seem offended at people calling it a “lockon” weapon?

Her weapon hits and follows targets with not a lot of effort, your crosshair can be entirely off the body (or never even on the body) and it’s still doing damage… What’s the name for that? Splash damage tracking beam?

Because words matter. Having a problem with a easy to use weapon with a large hit box is very different from having a problem with lock on weapon.

It’s called make your crosshair bigger.

If i set my crosshair to a 1 pixel dot, every weapon in the game hits outside of the crosshair.

3 Likes

OK so winstons weapon isn’t lock on either right?

What do we call these types of weapons to not hurt feelings?

Winston does not have lock on.

You call them by whatever they actually are + with a large hit box. If it’s a projectile, then it’s a projectile with a large hit box. If it’s a beam, then it’s a beam with a large hitbox.

None of this has to do with feelings.

1 Like

moiras beam is much bigger than syms and zaryas.

zarya at max was 2.0, which is much smaller than moiras orb. the only time were moira has a normal beam its during her ult.

but sure! you dont like sym so you will deny all these facts. ive even posted videos where moira can be looking at the ground and the beam will still connect, due to being much bigger.

Actually, no, you can’t

Does it retain connection with the target after the target moves outside of the original hitbox? No? Then it’s not a lock-on. Yes? Then it is a lock-on.

If it’s a big hitbox, it’ll just easily hit targets. But that’s not the same as a lock-on. In Moira’s case, the “lock-on” is 100% a visual effect. It’s been tested and proven a bunch–and, frankly, it’s not that big. It doesn’t remove “almost all aim requirement.” Unfortunately Overbuff and other stat trackers don’t report Moira alt fire accuracy, but I generally have pretty good accuracy on most heroes, and I average around 60-65% with her… just food for thought. It’s an important delineation, though, because hyperbolic hysteria over her purported “lock-on” contributes to the lower level of balance dialogue that’s unfortunately pervasive on the forums.

The fact that you genuinely dont know what lock on means, means this conversation is useless.

Does not make a lock-on.

Does not make a lock-on

Incorrect

Prove it

Please provide your proof.

Again, it is not a lock-on. You are literally and simply incorrect.