"Moira is overreacting"

Yeah this essentially removes damage orb from the game unless it’s in a corridor with no shields or your Zarya gravs the enemy team.

Yup. You can also fire it at a spawn door for ult charge at the start of a round, but it’s not that beneficial because the enemy team gain ult charge healing it back up too.

Very rare to get good enough value from this ability now compared to saving the ability for when healing is required.

1 Like

Just as you all told Mercy players to get over with Mercy 2.0 and every nerf after that, you can get over this.

No sympathy for your feels.

1 Like

There should be easy heroes so that those who aren’t very skilled can contribute.

How about not implementing such discrimination?

you didn’t read Molly’s post nor the patch notes closely enough:

Now, it cannot cleanse negative effects or easily allow people to escape Sigma or Zarya ultimates

bro, theres no use talking sense in the forums, just leave.

1 Like

Pretty much EVERY place I’ve seen discuss these changes agree this is a net nerf for Moira. The forums, /r/overwatch, heck even /r/competitiveoverwatch users are saying this is a net nerf.

its not a net nerf

making aiming harder is not really a nerf, considering getting 100% accuracy when tracking with her is still not that hard

damage orb was always useless

fade changes are 100% a buff

The overwhelming majority of the Overwatch community disagrees with you, but go off

It’s… It’s called Experimental for a reason.

However, I think they’re on the right track with her S U C C beam and Fade. The Orb change was just dumb, oopsie.

IMO, compared to Live Moira they should:

• keep Fade as it is on Experimental, that is a great change; all Support characters should have UTILITY TO HELP OR SAVE ALLIES THAT’S NOT JUST HEALING.
  • S U C C B E A M attach angle reduced by 20%, but self-heal increased to 25hps (possibly even 30hps, since she will have Fade less often per match).
  • Moira’s Orbs will need a functionality rework eventually. It’s a fun mechanic for it to be a bouncy bawl in a brawl. But it’s an unfun thing to deal with; same with anything else that has auto-aim so that’s to be expected. This should be done at a later date, since the Fade/Biotic Grasp touch-up would be enough for one update.

The team Fase doesn’t cleanse. It is only a 1s fade and Moira loses her escape m, placing herself in danger to Fade a team mate.

The damage orb gets deleted by barriers as if the barriers were defense matrix.

To attach an orb it must be almost in line with the target hit box. It’s stupid easy to dodge at anywhere beyond close range.

With only one bounce it is gone more often than it hits.

If it hits a single target in the open it was better than live. If it hits a single target in cqc it is worse than live.

Moira gets most value from group heals. The current “meta” and direction some people want this game to go in makes group heals useless in most situations.

So, Moira can’t use her escape if she wants to maybe save a team mate with 1s of fade which is not likely to be a huge impact in game play like the dev noted say they want.

She is less effective at doing damage with her orb over all.

She is les effective as a healer.

None of these changes helps her find a place in the current game.

I’m fine with the damage beam hit detection. However,

Less grouping men’s less effective healing means using more healing to keep multiple team mates alive which means having to use fade more to reposition to another team mate to get in range to heal them.

This men’s her group fade is not being used. It also means she uses more healing juice in general.

Meaning she has to duel more often than live just to keep up.

All thee changes are counter productive to their stated goals.

Last time i knew 720 damage insted of 200 damge from the Orb was a massive BUFF.
Also having moira not fall out of Sig’s ult makes a counter play card for the moira to fade out the damage from the ult.
As it is right now fade is only usefull for moira and having the ability be usefull for teams would make moira better over all.

I do not understand how you guys think this is a nerf in any way.
The orb does 120 to the player that it is stuck on, and that damge is delt within 2 sec of the orb hitting the player.

Also the orb does 60 dps to ALL players around the player that is stuck by the orb which in turn if you have
(6 players inside range A at 60 dps per sec in side of range A and the ability lasts 2 sec = 120 damge delt to each hero within side range A = to 720 damge )

So moira is less spamy, deals more over all damge to a team but has to aim and hit her target with the orb.
That is a very fair trade off in my opinion.
Having it only be able to hit one wall before it dies is also a trade off to the damge out put it can do.

The old orb did damge over a long time and it only could do a base damge of 200. This was also spred out among all players so the over all damge of the orb if it was on 6 players was 33.33ect per player.

The orb dying to shields i think also is needed, having the orb be able to go though shields has always been something that i disliked, yes i can block the orbs damage with my sheild but being able to kill the orb is much more counter play for main tanks and not having to relay on Sig/Dva to eat the damge orb.

Also having the fade be able to be a skill based ability means that good players will be super good with the hero and lower skilled players will not have a broken hero to play doe to the ability being skill based again.
Also not having negative effects not be cleaned off of heroes when the ability is used drops the power spike of the other change we tested from the last Card, in the last card that was the biggest problem with the buff.

So ya i have a different opinion on this 100%, i think it is a good idea but like the Devs said this will not be going live as of right now.

This is meaningless when you could step to the side for half a second and stop taking damage. If a single person ever took more than 50 damage, they made a stupid mistake for one reason or another. Meanwhile, if you ever were getting a full 200 damage out of an orb, you were literally just throwing it into a group for trash damage to get a little bit of ult charge, and never for the pick potential.

Now you’re guaranteed to either take out half your opponents health or force a CD they would otherwise save for someone else, or for an actual escape instead of dodging an ability they could easily just walk away from before.

She is straight up more threatening in duels now. The trade off is she also needs more skill to put out that threat.

The only thing I would say is buff the move speed a bit more to be more in line with other projectiles like rockets or arrows. Right now 25 m/s is the same as a Sym orb, which doesnt exactly win her prizes. (Its only acceptable because of how often she can throw them out, and even then… Eh)

Why are they even touching her? There are 20 hero’s who need looking at before she does

Well this content creator isnt paying their wages so they may want to rethink

2 Likes

On paper, it really doesn’t seem that impressive. A good Moira isn’t really using the damage orb to attack the enemy team in a group, though she might toss one out before a team fight to get some quick ult charge. It’s really there to fend off a fast Genji or Tracer diving her. It’s SUPPOSED to be easy to aim, because hitting those characters at point blank is absurdly difficult with a traditional aim intensive hero, especially when she’s simultaneously trying to heal her team.

Same with her beam, which already has low DPS. This makes it harder to aim with the same low damage. It’s a net nerf.

Fade is used to ESCAPE damage. The invulnerability change would require you to dive into damage to work, which is pointless when someone like Baptiste can do something similar while remaining OUT of danger. And a one-second leeway may be fine for, like, OWL players connected by LAN, but for most of us that kind of narrow timing is borderline useless online, any lag just messes up the timing. And they increased the cooldown. AND, again, Baptiste can do something similar for far longer.

Looks like a net nerf to me, and she’s not in a great place already. Plus it apparantly requires Reaper to be nerfed as well to work, which is silly, he’s even worse off.

5 Likes

It’s not that hard to understand. They’ve said it before.

Moira fade is consistent with Reaper wraith. If Moira or Reaper get a CC change to wraith/fade, the other one will as well.

Damage Biotic Grasp significantly harder to use with no upside.
so ? you require skill to play moira now r u mad ? Moira was the hero that required no aim, now you at least need to be able to trace like at least on a zarya beam level. Why would that be a nerf ? Thats just how it should’ve been always.

Damage Orb’s max damage reduced by 80.
Stop lying to yourself, now it does damage more reliably, old orb was rng / dependent on enemies walking inside it.

Damage Orb made much less useful vs heroes who can dodge it.
Same as the old orb, if you throw old orb at heroes who can dodge it, they would take 25dmg and dodge, go away. Now at least if you actually hit it before they react and dodge, it just sticks free 120 dmg instead of 25. I don’t get what is your argument here ? It’s not like old orb sticked to enemies who dodged it.

Damage Orb made much less useful vs tanks because it just dies on barriers.
Yes.

So moira got reworked/buffed to reward your skill. And you have a team fade, which adds even more skill ceiling to character. She had none before.

This post is literally joke, " moira requires more skill now ??? WHY ??? "

the card says its not going live or at least (most likely these changes will not go live)

I think these changes are interesting but the damage orb feels so weird in experimental. Maybe they could test damage orb with all the changes without the damage and stick mechanic. I mean with:

• The Orb is destroyed if it hits an enemy barrier
  • Reduced max number of bounces to 1 or maybe 2
  • And the same projectile speed 20