Moira has no lock-on 👏

That’s weird because when i aim with Moira like the guy did in the video on the side of the ennemy it kills the ennemy .
So i encourage everyone to go and try and tell their results.
PS: are you telling me that Soldier’s weapon hitbox is 20 cms and Moira’s beam hitbox is 60 cms? (and this without considering that the op’s video tells that the enemy hitbox should be smaller for Moira than for Soldier)

I’m not telling you exact measurements. I’m telling you:

This is a basic concept which you don’t seem to get.

I perfectly know what the concept of hurtbox and hitbox are.
What i’m asking you is if you consider normal for Moira to have a 60 cms hitbox when Soldier’s is only 20 cms?
I call it softlock at this level personnaly.

Blizzard designed the character and weapons that way. They could’ve easily gave Moira the same or smaller hitbox as soldier, but they chose differently. You keep ignoring that Winston can hit things farther away than Moira.

It’s not soft lock. It’s not lock anything because there is no locking outside the hit box.

Maybe you could go and see how softlock works because i see no difference…
Explain me please.

There is no such thing as a soft lock.

Either the weapon locks on, or it doesn’t.

The only character currently with a weapon that locks on is Mercy. The video explains the concept of a lock on weapon clearly.

Oh i see.
So for Moira,we should just say:capacity to hit a character when you aim away from him then.

All characters have to aim at something to hit it. Winston and Moira have more generous hit boxes so they don’t have to aim as precisely compared to characters such as Soldier or Widow, but they still need to aim at the enemy. PC doesn’t have any aim assist.

I’m happy to see that we finally agree,it is easier to aim with Moira than with the other characters except Winston.
Peace.

Which isn’t the point of the thread, nor was that ever debated.

Does it really change anything? It’s not a lock-on but a very generous single-target beam. You still only need a rudimentary aim to use it.

Isn’t the implicit purpose of the thread to say that Moira’s aim is the same as every character ,no help in any way?
Which we both finally agreed that it is wrong…

no the purpose of the thread is to say that she doesn’t have lock on. she has a generous hitbox, but that’s okay for the measly 50dps she does.

No, the point of the thread is to say there is no locking mechanic on Moira. That’s it.

Oh ok.
But i think that people doesn’t care if she locks or not. What they care about is that she’s easy to aim with…
Just telling.
I personnaly don’t care about it,i think she needs it since she has to dps to be able to heal… Just telling too.
Peace.

Hanzo may as well be called a hitscan, should we say he is hitscan? Or does the word hitscan have meaning.

S76 can heal, so, should we be calling him one of the supports?

Im not saying she has lock on BUT the is one instance where it 100% locks on or the beam bugs. Not sure if its been patch. Place a junkrat trap about 2-5 meters in front of Moira and try to shoot something in front of it. You cant, the beam goes 40 degree angle downward

Moira’s damage beam does not require any tracking from the player, that is why people say it might aswell be a lock on.

Hanzo still has to lead his shots, and gets a pretty big hitbox for his projectile so doesn’t have to be so accurate like a widow.

So do we call Hanzo a Hitscan or not?
I mean it is complete wrong to call him a hitscan, but, he has a fast projectile, and large hitbox, so, he MAY AS WELL BE a hitscan right?

The reason people are annoyed, is that lockon HAS a meaning, and Morias weapon isn’t lockon.

Just like the difference between Projectile and Hitscan has meaning.

You could say “Hanzo is hitscan, not projectile” but, you would be wrong - then backtracking and saying “it may as well be hitscan, so I will call it hitscan” just means you are doubling down on being stupid.

People get sick of that real fast. This stuff has meaning. You can argue that it doesn’t matter, but, then you may as well use the right terms for it right?

I thought I already explained why you can’t say the same thing for Hanzo…

A lock on;

• you don’t need to track (i.e. mouse can move pretty far off target and it doesn’t matter)
  • weapon stays attached for a bit when line of sight is lost
  • can do a 180 and have beam remain

The only thing missing for Moira is the 180 really,

Hit Scan;

• instantly hits where you clicked
  • no travel time
  • no hitbox on the bullet

Hanzo has none of those elements

1 Like